Author Topic: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History  (Read 33367 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump’s Victory Is a Pivotal Turning Point in Human History
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »
All you people expecting the worst and dwelling on the faults we know all too well may be right.

But ... I'm tired of it.

The MSM and the leftists and the celebrity crowd are all singing that song.

I'm not gonna join in the chorus.

I'm going over to the Wait and See and Give Him a Chance crowd.

See you over there, maybe.

THAT I agree with 100%  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
Yeah, Smoot-Hawley style tariffs, trade wars, and trillion dollar "stimulus" spending are going to be good for conservatism and the country.

NONE of that will be good for anyone but he has not gotten ANY of that done yet!  When any of that actually comes up I will be among the chorus shouting NO! NO! NO!  Until it does I will pray for his complete success.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:20 pm »
On Jan 20, 2017, Donald Trump will be sworn in as POTUS.  He will be the president of  all of our nation. 

Yeah, and Obama said "The government is all of us" bullshit too.

I will be holding Trump with the same exact view I did Obama.

And he may well earn the same contempt and view as I held His Heinous, hell he is nearly there already.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2016, 03:32:08 pm »
You have a lot of company in that newfound and disturbing truth.

All rationality was set aside in this election.  Trump-fever has uncovered some very ugly things that I thought were just leftist lies about people on the right, but are clearly true among some of "us."

I believe it will take Conservatism and the Republican party decades to recover from this disaster.......... if it ever does.

We have lost all moral authority.

@musiclady

I fought the nomination of Donald J. Trump with every fiber of my body and did not vote for him in the general but what's done is done and we HAVE to move forward!  I cannot see where all of this continued negativity is accomplishing anything.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:38:12 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2016, 03:34:43 pm »
I don't like those people either.  They are a bit nuts and they WILL be disappointed in Trump.

But I object to the preemptive strikes against Trump.  Why do that?  He made it and he has yet to foul it up.  He probably will but what's to be gained by trashing him now.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:  Nothing to be gained from that IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2016, 03:46:14 pm »
Its articles like this that prompt people to have an immediate reaction.  Articles like this and Trumps own tweets proclaiming he saved Christmas and is the hope of the world.

Exactly, it's called Idolatry - and horrifying things happen to a people who engage in idolizing their rulers and by those rulers who idolize themselves.

It's why we're not joining the seig-heiling crowds of fanatics and the reluctant saluters either.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2016, 03:51:04 pm »
Trump will be the same narcissistic lying con-man he always was.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »
@musiclady

I fought the nomination of Donald J. Trump with every fiber of my body and did not vote for him in the general but what's done is done and we HAVE to move forward!  I cannot see where all of this continued negativity is accomplishing anything.

I  cannot pretend to be positive about something which I believe is completely negative.

As before the election, I will not criticize those who feel they must give Trump a chance.

But I personally can't believe a word he says, and will not join in with those who are optimistic about the future, and I believe I should have the right, on this forum, to express those views.

@Bigun - one of the best things about TBR is that differing views are encouraged, and that rational discussions are encouraged.  I don't think "accomplishing" something by not posting honest negative views is healthy, for us as individuals, or as a forum.

The Trump style is to silence opponents by intimidation.  I will not succumb to pressure to stop posting honest views.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:00:28 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »
I  cannot pretend to be positive about something which I believe is completely negative.

As before the election, I will not criticize those who feel they must give Trump a chance.

But I personally can't believe a word he says, and will not join in with those who are optimistic about the future, and I believe I should have the right, on this forum, to express those views.

@musiclady

As you wish. I will defend your right to say whatever you like here but I just don't see where the continued negativity is accomplishing a thing. Just my opinion. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:01:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »
@musiclady

As you wish. I will defend your right to say whatever you like here but I just don't see where the continued negativity is accomplishing a thing. Just my opinion. Noting more.

I edited my post and added a paragraph to expand my post.

I think it is a huge negative to keep people from posting honest unfavorable views about Trump.   This can't be a Trump supporters only forum.  That doesn't "accomplish" anything either.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2016, 04:03:48 pm »

Only a fool would expect anything else.

geronl

« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2016, 04:03:56 pm »
Apparently we are supposed to believe Trump is not Trump anymore and that his past no longer matters.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:55 pm »
I just don't see where the continued negativity is accomplishing a thing.

I don't see where wishful thinking will accomplish anything either.

Trump will do what Trump will do, regardless of the Law, the Constitution or simple manners.

Those are his lifelong fruits.

I am of the opinion this people decided to trade one dictator over another and history will have to determine which of them was more destructive to personal liberty and the rule of law.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »

That, for me, is the bottom line, @geronl .

Trump isn't one whit different than he was when I opposed his nomination, and his election.

I will not criticize him if he accidentally does something right, but I will not support a man who doesn't represent a single value I have, either politically or morally.

geronl

« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2016, 04:07:45 pm »

I will not criticize him if he accidentally does something right, but I will not support a man who doesn't represent a single value I have, either politically or morally.

:thumbsup:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2016, 04:08:33 pm »
A POTUS is really only as effective as the Congress that stands with him. Since the average voter keeps voting in reps that do nothing, and thusly, the voters are doing nothing themselves to drain the swamp, we can't expect Trump to.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2016, 04:09:31 pm »
I don't see where wishful thinking will accomplish anything either.

Trump will do what Trump will do, regardless of the Law, the Constitution or simple manners.

Those are his lifelong fruits.

I am of the opinion this people decided to trade one dictator over another and history will have to determine which of them was more destructive to personal liberty and the rule of law.

When he errs I will be on him like a duck on a June bug! Until he errs I will remain silent.  So far he has done well IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2016, 04:10:44 pm »
If he does something good, I'll praise it.
If he does something stupid, I'll condemn it (vigorously).
If he acts like a normal adult, I'll expect it.
If he acts like a child, I'll despise it.

And if one of his fans acts like he's the second coming of Jesus, like in the OP here, I'll mock it for weeks.

Good enough?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:15:40 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2016, 04:10:59 pm »
A POTUS is really only as effective as the Congress that stands with him. Since the average voter keeps voting in reps that do nothing, and thusly, the voters are doing nothing themselves to drain the swamp, we can't expect Trump to.

:amen: :amen: and  :amen:

Well said and absolutely true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »
If he does something good, I'll praise it.
If he does something stupid, I'll condemn it (vigorously).
If he acts like a normal adult, I'll expect it.
If he acts like a child, I'll despise it.

Good enough?

888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »

That's one of the big problems I see here, fred.  People ARE expecting Trump to do what he wants to do all by himself, completely ignoring the fact that we don't elect dictators in this country (or aren't supposed to).

There's a lot of positive projection going on before the guy sets foot in the WH.  Based on his history, his words and his deeds don't coincide in the least.  The hope and change aspect of his supporters is based on nothing but air.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2016, 04:17:57 pm »
That's one of the big problems I see here, fred.  People ARE expecting Trump to do what he wants to do all by himself, completely ignoring the fact that we don't elect dictators in this country (or aren't supposed to).

There's a lot of positive projection going on before the guy sets foot in the WH.  Based on his history, his words and his deeds don't coincide in the least.  The hope and change aspect of his supporters is based on nothing but air.

Thanks for picking that up. We'll see how the reception is as Trump issues one edict after another.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2016, 04:18:38 pm »

I wouldn't expect Trump anyways, his actions say he wouldn't if he could.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »
When he errs I will be on him like a duck on a June bug! Until he errs I will remain silent.  So far he has done well IMHO!

At the moment I am more fascinated and horrified by the zeitgeist of laud, honor, hope, dreams and worship being lofted upon a lifelong NY liberal Democrat shoulders, comparing him and his election to everything from Reagan, to Jesus Christ.

A people that want a king, (whether a populist or a Marxist) as a majority of our population does, signifies that liberty is already dead in the hearts and minds of a people who want to be slaves, and in whom have made government and the presidency into their god, whether they consciously have done so or not.

We are no longer a people capable of freedom.  Nor are we a people who want it.

We are a people who want the license to do whatever we feel like, absolved of responsibility while making those we envy, pay for it.  We are a people who want to impose vengeance for what we assumed we have been wronged by and punishment for those businesses and individuals we have been led to loathe as responsible because of their wealth or station.

We are a people who do not trust their neighbors with liberty, but only for themselves.

We are a people that have rejected God and His Laws, for the laws of expedience and debauchery as preferred.

Deuteronomy 28 lays out our former blessings, and our fate in very clear language.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:57:50 pm by INVAR »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »
At the moment I am more fascinated and horrified by the zeitgeist of laud, honor, hope, dreams and worship being lofted upon a lifelong NY liberal Democrat shoulders, comparing him and his election to everything from Reagan, to Jesus Christ.

A people that want a king, (whether a populist or a Marxist) as a majority of our population does, signifies that liberty is already dead in the hearts and minds of a people who want to be slaves, and in whom have made government and the presidency into their god, whether they consciously have done so or not.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour