Author Topic: Philippines: Duterte visits N. Cotabato blast victims  (Read 348 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Philippines: Duterte visits N. Cotabato blast victims
« on: December 26, 2016, 06:21:42 pm »
Per a grenade attack on a church about 2 days ago. No one was killed, the last I knew but of course, there are injuries.

Duterte visits N. Cotabato blast victims
By: Philippines News Agency
December 26, 2016 2:13 AM

InterAksyon.com
The online news portal of TV5

NORTH COTABATO, Philippines - President Duterte personally showed up in Midsayap town here to sympathize with victims of the Christmas Eve grenade attack that injured at least 17, including a police officer.

Presidential choppers arrived at about 4 p.m. He then motored to Aniceto Pesante Memorial Hospital and briefly talked to victims of the explosion, which happened about a hundred meters away from the Sto. Nino Shrine then fully packed with Catholic parishioners attending the Christmas Eve late evening mass.

One of the victims said she had a very memorable and emotional meeting with the President.

Cheyserr Rosete, 28, who was hit in the legs while standing outside the church, was grateful the President saw her. “He is very handsome, he looked at me straight in the eyes as he talked to me," Rosete told reporters after the President left.

"He is very mabait [kind],” she added. Rosete said she was traumatized by the incident but after seeing the President "medyo ok na ako [I felt somewhat okay]."

Jessa Banlawi said the mass was about to end when the explosion occurred. She too was happy she personally saw the President.

Continued: http://interaksyon.com/article/135572/duterte-visits-n--cotabato-blast-victims
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:40:50 pm by TomSea »

geronl

Re: Philippines: Duterte visits N. Cotabato blast victims
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 04:05:50 am »
The Murderer Duterte is comforting the victims of the stepped-up war he started lol

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Philippines: Duterte visits N. Cotabato blast victims
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:14:46 am »
The article does indicate this could have been an attack because of the drug war and not Jihadists but; those attending the Church service were the ones who were hurt.