Author Topic: Obama's exit interview: Hope and change can still win elections  (Read 1160 times)

rangerrebew

Obama's exit interview: Hope and change can still win elections
« on: December 26, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »
Kevin Liptak-Profile-Image

By Kevin Liptak, CNN White House Producer

Updated 8:50 AM ET, Mon December 26, 2016

President Barack Obama and Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras participate in a joint news conference at Maximos Mansion in Athens, Tuesday, November 15.
Obama: I was surprised by election results

(CNN)Arguing that Americans still subscribe to his vision of progressive change, President Barack Obama asserted in an interview recently he could have succeeded in this year's election if he was eligible to run.

"I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it," Obama told his former senior adviser David Axelrod in an interview for the "The Axe Files" podcast, produced by the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/26/politics/axe-files-president-obama/index.html?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:19:25 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Obama's exit interview: Hope and change can still win elections
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 03:20:26 pm »
I don't believe Imam Obama is smart enough to recognize he just described why Trump won - hope and change. :tongue2:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 04:42:22 pm »
Beat me to it, Ranger.  :beer:

Though I'd say "Hope FOR change" won the election.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 08:57:47 pm »
"I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it,"

He's more delusion than I had thought.  It's a miracle the US is still here.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 08:59:45 pm »

And as much intellect went into Trump's election as went into Obama's.....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 09:54:04 pm »

I yield to the gentleman in the land east of NY. :beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 10:19:07 pm »
Kevin Liptak-Profile-Image

By Kevin Liptak, CNN White House Producer

Updated 8:50 AM ET, Mon December 26, 2016

President Barack Obama and Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras participate in a joint news conference at Maximos Mansion in Athens, Tuesday, November 15.
Obama: I was surprised by election results

(CNN)Arguing that Americans still subscribe to his vision of progressive change, President Barack Obama asserted in an interview recently he could have succeeded in this year's election if he was eligible to run.

"I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it," Obama told his former senior adviser David Axelrod in an interview for the "The Axe Files" podcast, produced by the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/26/politics/axe-files-president-obama/index.html?

He might be right if people are really, really stupid.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 10:31:36 pm »
Perhaps, "Build that wall" became the new "Hope and Change"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwzIDqh8594
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »
"I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it"

The narcissism is strong with this one.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 11:36:52 pm »
He might be right if people are really, really stupid.

It's clear, based on the last three presidential elections, that people really, really are.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 04:37:05 am »

"Hope and Change" didn't win the 2012 election.  Obama had effectively abandoned that theme by the time he ran against Romney.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 04:50:18 am »
Obama's exit interview: Hope and change can still win elections...................

was he referring to Donald Trump who believes he is the hope of the world?

Donald J. Trump Verified account 
@realDonaldTrump   
The world was gloomy before I won - there was no hope
. Now the market is up nearly 10% and Christmas spending is over a trillion dollars!

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.