Author Topic: Trump: - When will we fight back?  (Read 12206 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

Re: Trump: - When will we fight back?
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2016, 12:42:47 am »
It's a tactic, at this point.   I believe he is castrating the mainstream media.  A direct conduit to the American People...unfiltered.

I love it.    :beer:

@DCPatriot

I hope you are proven right, but, history shows us the graveyard littered with other great ones in twiiterville, ....as Confucius says, He who lives by the tweet can also die by the tweet.
   just sayin' be careful what you wish for.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2016, 12:53:03 am »
It's a tactic, at this point.   I believe he is castrating the mainstream media.  A direct conduit to the American People...unfiltered.

I love it.    :beer:

Good for you.  I just see an idiot.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2016, 01:04:49 am »
To return to the OP for a second ...

Mr President - that is your call now. No one else's. So why you askin?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2016, 01:06:55 am »
To return to the OP for a second ...

Mr President - that is your call now. No one else's. So why you askin?

Come on....   he's certainly not "Mr President" at this time.     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2016, 01:08:19 am »
Good for you.  I just see an idiot.

Considering the fact that he lies at least as much as the media and his fans willfully accept it, it sounds a lot more like a gang rape of reality.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2016, 01:14:28 am »
Considering the fact that he lies at least as much as the media and his fans willfully accept it, it sounds a lot more like a gang rape of reality.

I think so. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2016, 01:17:20 am »

You know, lalalalala only works for can't hear you...of course, if you have your eyes closed tight...but then it might be a bit difficult to type legibly...oh, and your solipsism isn't working for me...if I don't exist for you, I should think that I also would be unable to hear, see, or read your opinions...try harder, OK?  :seeya:

I have to compliment your word choice. That impressed me quite a bit. I only wish that I was able to read your post and appreciate it. Who would ever think that the word solipsism would ever come up in common conversation. Imagine that.

Check this out.
Solipsism

Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside of the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2016, 01:18:34 am »
Come on....   he's certainly not "Mr President" at this time.   

Sorry, old friend, won't wash. He will be in 26 days.

He wanted the job. He got the job. Now it's time for him to do the damned job. He should leave the hand wringing to the pansy vacating the hot seat.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2016, 01:55:55 am »
Sorry, old friend, won't wash. He will be in 26 days.

He wanted the job. He got the job. Now it's time for him to do the damned job. He should leave the hand wringing to the pansy vacating the hot seat.

As you said....getting back to the OP:

He's asking the question?   It's directed at the sitting Administration.  And yet, to keep yourself worked up, you assign him that 'responsibility'.

Getting/taking credit for the incredible market rise since the election is NOT the same thing, @EC ...but you know that.   :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2016, 02:20:40 am »
As you said....getting back to the OP:

He's asking the question?   It's directed at the sitting Administration.  And yet, to keep yourself worked up, you assign him that 'responsibility'.

Getting/taking credit for the incredible market rise since the election is NOT the same thing, @EC ...but you know that.   :laugh:

Nope. I didn't assign him the responsibility. The country did. Yet it's his now.  :tongue2:

His job is not to ask questions any more. It's to give answers. Solutions. Plans. Direction. Simple, really.

Still, if he isn't president yet, I do guess we'll have to credit the Worm for the market rise, right?  :tongue2:

Offline bilo

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2016, 02:54:44 am »
"WE" started fighting back during the primaries when WE saw the one candidate who would fight back.

To say the very least, it was disappointing that this site changed so dramatically for the worse.

Dysfunctional, claiming on one hand to oppose Obama, whilst cheerleading AGAINST Trump.

Ban me, mod me, but I speak the truth.

So you say, but you don't recognize why so many Pubs couldn't support Trump. All you could do, along with all the other Trump supporters, was perpetuate the lies and gutter behavior.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2016, 08:55:40 pm »
So you say, but you don't recognize why so many Pubs couldn't support Trump. All you could do, along with all the other Trump supporters, was perpetuate the lies and gutter behavior.

His Vulgarian streak is exactly why people like us are supporting him...and why we supported him throughout. Many of you seem to think the rest of us are blind to this crass/rude side of Trump, be assured we are not. It is the price of having someone with the bovine testicular fortitude to bring REAL change...not some semblance of rhetorical change, or worse, a facade of liberalism over a conservative countenance. So if you're upset by having your salad fork inside of your dinner fork...you're always going to be shocked by Trump's demeanor. That's a YOU problem, you should probably work on that. Most of us realize you don't bring Miss Manners to a street fight...and yes, breaking down these liberal entrenchments will absolutely require some gutter fighting.

Its not pretty, we'd love to use our salad forks in the proper order....but this isn't an episode of My Fair Lady or a Japanese Tea Ceremony, its the future of a planet and a nation. If my constitutional rights are in danger, I'm not going into the fight with anyone less than Vulgarian at my side. Some of you are shocked and dismayed by this side of Trump...I'm encouraged by it. And I rest secure in having two other branches of government to help keep the Vulgarian targeted where we need him and within the boundaries of the field of play.

So we DO understand the hesitancy of many of our fellow Republicans...most of us were hesitant at one point. But the time for squeamish elitism and self indulgent moral narcissism has passed, its time to get down in the mud and make fecal waste happen. So by all means hang on to your reservations, I can assure you I intend to hang on to my own for the next four years....but either get on board and help get this ship turned around before its hits a shoal, or join the spoiled liberals trying to hole the ship because they're not at the helm any more.

As to the original question...the fighting back part stars on January 21st.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:00:54 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2016, 09:18:01 pm »
His Vulgarian streak is exactly why people like us are supporting him...and why we supported him throughout. Many of you seem to think the rest of us are blind to this crass/rude side of Trump, be assured we are not. It is the price of having someone with the bovine testicular fortitude to bring REAL change...not some semblance of rhetorical change, or worse, a facade of liberalism over a conservative countenance. So if you're upset by having your salad fork inside of your dinner fork...you're always going to be shocked by Trump's demeanor. That's a YOU problem, you should probably work on that. Most of us realize you don't bring Miss Manners to a street fight...and yes, breaking down these liberal entrenchments will absolutely require some gutter fighting.

Its not pretty, we'd love to use our salad forks in the proper order....but this isn't an episode of My Fair Lady or a Japanese Tea Ceremony, its the future of a planet and a nation. If my constitutional rights are in danger, I'm not going into the fight with anyone less than Vulgarian at my side. Some of you are shocked and dismayed by this side of Trump...I'm encouraged by it. And I rest secure in having two other branches of government to help keep the Vulgarian targeted where we need him and within the boundaries of the field of play.

So we DO understand the hesitancy of many of our fellow Republicans...most of us were hesitant at one point. But the time for squeamish elitism and self indulgent moral narcissism has passed, its time to get down in the mud and make fecal waste happen. So by all means hang on to your reservations, I can assure you I intend to hang on to my own for the next four years....but either get on board and help get this ship turned around before its hits a shoal, or join the spoiled liberals trying to hole the ship because they're not at the helm any more.

:beer:

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2016, 11:27:41 pm »

What you're saying is that you want to take over the government from the leftists.  Unfortunately, the government itself, and it's unconstitutional size and escape from constitutional boundaries is the problem.  It'd be nice if Trump did what we as conservatives believe ought to be done, but many of us don't share your unwavering belief that he'll do what you want him to do.  Instead, we just don't see that as nearly likely as you cheerleaders do.

That's why some of us are working for an Article V convention, to drastically reduce the power and intrusiveness of the federal government, so it won't have nearly as much power over us as it does now regardless of who wields it.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2016, 04:10:35 am »
What you're saying is that you want to take over the government from the leftists.  Unfortunately, the government itself, and it's unconstitutional size and escape from constitutional boundaries is the problem.  It'd be nice if Trump did what we as conservatives believe ought to be done, but many of us don't share your unwavering belief that he'll do what you want him to do.  Instead, we just don't see that as nearly likely as you cheerleaders do.

That's why some of us are working for an Article V convention, to drastically reduce the power and intrusiveness of the federal government, so it won't have nearly as much power over us as it does now regardless of who wields it.

Well, actually, we ARE taking over the government from the Leftists. That's what elections do. The job now is to trim it down, and make it work like the Founders intended.

An Article V convention would be a nightmare...it would spin out of control in short order and could EASILY be taken over by Left and turned into a true nightmare. The current constitution provides all of the protections we need, its our job to persuade the populace that THIS constitution is the best thing on planet earth...because it is. If we persuade effectively, we can elect leaders who trim government and shape the courts in a way that we have originalist interpretations of law. That is how we fix our problems....no Article V convention can change hearts and minds...nor can intellectually inform the ignorant. Thats our job as conservatives.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2016, 05:34:47 am »
Well, actually, we ARE taking over the government from the Leftists. That's what elections do. The job now is to trim it down, and make it work like the Founders intended.

An Article V convention would be a nightmare...it would spin out of control in short order and could EASILY be taken over by Left and turned into a true nightmare. The current constitution provides all of the protections we need, its our job to persuade the populace that THIS constitution is the best thing on planet earth...because it is. If we persuade effectively, we can elect leaders who trim government and shape the courts in a way that we have originalist interpretations of law. That is how we fix our problems....no Article V convention can change hearts and minds...nor can intellectually inform the ignorant. Thats our job as conservatives.

Ah,  using the MSM as your information source?  How,  exactly,  would the left take over a Convention Verizon?

I'm curious what you have to say.

@Mesaclone
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:12:37 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2016, 10:20:00 am »
"WE" started fighting back during the primaries when WE saw the one candidate who would fight back.

To say the very least, it was disappointing that this site changed so dramatically for the worse.

Dysfunctional, claiming on one hand to oppose Obama, whilst cheerleading AGAINST Trump.

Ban me, mod me, but I speak the truth.
You act as if there was only one candidate who would oppose Obama. Really?
In case you missed it, the election is over. you can quit beating the horseburger now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2016, 10:54:24 am »
You act as if there was only one candidate who would oppose Obama. Really?
In case you missed it, the election is over. you can quit beating the horseburger now.

Meh, cut him some slack. His candidate, the one he supported loudly throughout, won. Now his candidate has to actually produce, and he feels on the spot over it. No more can he carp comfortably from the sidelines - his judgement is on public trial every day.
It's way safer and more comfortable to re-fight old battles.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2016, 12:56:16 pm »

If you actually did trim the federal government down like you imagine you will, the need for an Article V convention would largely disappear.  However, historical evidence and human nature indicate that this is something impossible to do from the inside as you are planning to try.  Nope, an Article V convention is likely the only way the federal government will ever be reined in.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »

What happens if state legislatures flip during the convention? Could be a gift to the left to do what they've wanted to do for a while now: get rid of the electoral college.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2016, 04:50:13 pm »

What happens if state legislatures flip during the convention? Could be a gift to the left to do what they've wanted to do for a while now: get rid of the electoral college.

Yes, and we could get hit by the sweet meteor of death.  Or, continue along our current path of ever accelerating decline.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2016, 05:01:47 pm »
Yes, and we could get hit by the sweet meteor of death.  Or, continue along our current path of ever accelerating decline.

You're obviously a "glass half full" type, eh?

888high58888
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:03:30 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »

I don't trust the Trump crowd with the constitution any more than I trust the rest of the progressives.

What happens if Trump reverts to the position on the electoral college he had 4 years ago? His sycophants will take up the anti EC chant without skipping a beat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2016, 05:40:41 pm »
Ummm...yes he does.

The  Hillary/Obama cheerleading here was despicable. And while nobody questions anyone's right to disagree, we are well within OUR rights to question the inconsistency, self indulgence, and moral narcissism that drove the anti-Trump movement here. It still drives it, though some have now seen reason.

Anyone who can look at Trumps policy positions, cabinet choices, and direct attacks on the liberal iconography...and still not see how much we would be suffering with an incoming Hillary administration...is no conservative. Worse, they lack an iota of intellectual integrity.
Hey, haven't seen you around in a while. Happy New Year!

I'm not going to flog the dead horse anymore that I already have. So I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised by the way Trump has been handling the situation with Israel and I pray he has the wisdom to stand beside them. Time will tell.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour