Author Topic: Social media erupts over GOP statement about 'new King'  (Read 2292 times)

geronl

Social media erupts over GOP statement about 'new King'
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:17:24 pm »
RNC Blasphemy (Christmas Heralds a New King - Trump)

A Christmas statement released Sunday by the Republican National Committee (RNC) drew outrage among opponents on Twitter who objected to talk of a "new King."

“Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind," RNC chairman Reince Priebus and co-chair Sharon Day said in the statement.

"Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King. We hope Americans celebrating Christmas today will enjoy a day of festivities and a renewed closeness with family and friends."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/311799-social-media-erupts-after-gop-statement-about-new-king#.WGAKY5wmZMs.facebook

Please use the original title of the article. Thanks.  ^-^
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:37:27 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Applewood

Re: RNC Blasphemy (Christmas Heralds a New King - Trump)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 07:28:19 pm »
Glad they admitted it.  America now has a royal family. 

The Founding Fathers must be spinning in their graves.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 07:44:01 pm »
Well, that was not very artfully written....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 07:45:59 pm »
You know I just don't believe that.  I think that it meant exactly what it always means.  A baby was born.  Emanuel.  King, Lord and Savior.  New meaning baby Jesus.  And I would take this opportunity to give Praise to the King, and Lord of Lords.  My Savior Jesus Christ.  Born of a Virgin.  Mary, Mother of God.  The Baby Jesus born to save the world!  Happy Birthday Jesus. Whether it was in December on a different day or whatever.  It is what I celebrate.

If there is something off about that I hope not.  But I do believe we are living in the last days.  What that means I don't know.  Not the time or day but the news tells the story.  Be ready always!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »

Well, that was not very artfully written....

Certainly is poorly written. Whether it was done deliberately or not, it is a mistake nonetheless.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 08:07:53 pm »

Certainly is poorly written. Whether it was done deliberately or not, it is a mistake nonetheless.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say whoever wrote that needs to sharpen up their skills a bit.  I'm pretty sure they meant "Jesus the King", but it was so poorly written a child can twist that to mean "Orange is the new Jesus".  It's as if they were trying to find a way of saying "Merry Christmas" without acknowledging Jesus in the process.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 08:15:38 pm »
You know I just don't believe that.  I think that it meant exactly what it always means.  A baby was born.  Emanuel.  King, Lord and Savior.  New meaning baby Jesus.  And I would take this opportunity to give Praise to the King, and Lord of Lords.  My Savior Jesus Christ.  Born of a Virgin.  Mary, Mother of God.  The Baby Jesus born to save the world!  Happy Birthday Jesus. Whether it was in December on a different day or whatever.  It is what I celebrate.

If there is something off about that I hope not.  But I do believe we are living in the last days.  What that means I don't know.  Not the time or day but the news tells the story.  Be ready always!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 08:23:51 pm »
 **nononono*

Offline Chosen Daughter

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 09:27:12 pm »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  2h2 hours ago
The media are so insanely stupid. I'm an Orthodox Jew and even I knew that the RNC "King" statement was talking about Jesus.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »
Trump's got the whole world in his tiny tiny hands. :whistle:

geronl

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 09:57:40 pm »
Trump's got the whole world in his tiny tiny hands. :whistle:

It's a small hand after all..... it's a small, small hand...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 10:09:43 pm »

There are some members on this site, with sick cases of nevertrumpism

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 11:31:27 pm »
There are some members on this site, with sick cases of nevertrumpism

AlwaysTrumpism is fatal to decency and common sense

geronl

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 11:32:37 pm »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  2h2 hours ago
The media are so insanely stupid. I'm an Orthodox Jew and even I knew that the RNC "King" statement was talking about Jesus.

"Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King."

so, who is this New King this Christmas....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 11:47:13 pm »
"Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King."

@geronl, please give it a rest.  He made the words easy to twist, and twist they did.  Have a donut, and a cup of my eggnog, with Southern Comfort.  I shredded some fresh nutmeg on it....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:47:46 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 12:14:12 am »

@geronl

Jesus.  We're celebrating the birth of that new King just as the wise men did that night.

He phrased it clumsily, but really, the meaning is pretty clear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 01:16:23 am »

He forgot the born part.  Newborn King

Silver Pines

Re: Social media erupts over GOP statement about 'new King'
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 02:49:53 am »
@RAT Patrol, I don't want to argue with you, so I say this with respect:  just chill.   And don't accuse me of taking the Lord's name in vain when I clearly did not do so.  I don't appreciate it, and it's offensive.

There are times when Trump and his team deserve criticism, and I have a feeling there will be more going forward.  This isn't one of them, and I'm not going to kneejerk over something that's so obviously a non-issue.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 12:13:05 am »
You guys have ruined this website by morphing into the trumpbots.

@CatherineofAragon?  "Trumpbot?" 

Yeah.  Right.
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 12:15:55 am »
I am not going to obey your orders @CatherineofAragon.  Your post read differently to me the first time.   I see that I was wrong about the meaning and apologize for that.  I think they deserved the criticism they got on this issue.  You are not the keeper of the Trump criticisms, telling the rest of us when we can and when we cannot disapprove.  Neither are the other thread bosses who have tried to smack down criticism.  We are entitled to our opinions.  You guys have ruined this website by morphing into the trumpbots.

@RAT Patrol

Yep, that's me...a Trump-bot through and through.

Happy New Year, RAT, and blessings to you.

Silver Pines