Author Topic: Jason Miller to Part Ways with Trump  (Read 931 times)

Offline anymouse

Jason Miller to Part Ways with Trump
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:20:30 am »
Jason Miller to part ways with Trump

Jason Miller, communications director of President-elect Trump's campaign and transition teams, has backed out of a job in his boss' incoming administration.

"After spending this week with my family, the most amount of time I have been able to spend with them since March 2015, it is clear they need to be my top priority right now and this is not the right time to start a new job as demanding as White House Communications Director," Miller said in a statement Saturday.

"My wife and I are also excited about the arrival of our second daughter in January, and I need to put them in front of my career," he added.

Miller served as communications director for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's failed presidential campaign before becoming a part of Trump's campaign as a senior communications adviser in late June.

While he won't work directly for Trump after Jan. 20, Miller said he looks "forward to continuing to support the President-elect from the outside after my work on the transition concludes."

Trump made the announcement about Miller on Thursday, while also revealing that he had also picked Sean Spicer, Hope Hicks, and Dan Scavino to serve in senior roles on the White House communications team.

Spicer has been selected to serve as White House press secretary, Hicks as director of strategic communications and Scavino as the White House director of social media.

------------
Sometimes you just have to say no to Trump.  Could it be that Miller has other reasons for taking a pass on this prime opportunity?  He hung in there a long time for Sen. Cruz and then jumped to Trump for the general election campaign.  Usually key campaign staff goes the distance for the chance to get such a top White House role.  What changed?*
* I'm sure he cares about his family, but that is the usual weak excuse for other issues not able to be said publicly.
Anymouse

"Life is a sit-com.  I'm just a critic, don't blame me for the lack of plot and poor acting." ;)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Jason Miller to Part Ways with Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 01:31:25 am »
I haven't really followed it but from what I'm picking up from twitter AJ Delgado is making comments suggesting that Miller may be the father of her kids or something.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 02:15:13 am »
Well I was hoping Laura Ingraham would get press sec job, oh well. I do like Hope Hicks.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 04:29:29 am »
   WoW, 1 of Cruz's team that didn't go over to the Dark Side, I hope that works out well for him.
   All of his $$$, Mercer, and Most of his Talent, Kellyanne, Elected Trump..
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
I wouldn't make too much of this.  The man has a child on the way.  Family first!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.