Author Topic: ******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******  (Read 1147 times)

publana

******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******
« on: December 24, 2016, 10:55:47 pm »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:13:59 am by Rikki Tikki Tavi »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Debate Rages As University Stands By ‘Problem Of Whiteness’ Course
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:29:38 am »
A university can offer whatever courses they want.

As long as the University is not forcing students to take it by making it a pre-requisite course, who GAF?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 11:16:50 am »

As long as the University is not forcing students to take it by making it a pre-requisite course, who GAF?

Sure they may.  And the state may cease funding that university if it decides to.  No problem.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 11:30:01 am »
Mao would be proud.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 05:33:37 pm »
@HonestJohn

Venomous lies.
The Republic is lost.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 05:39:53 pm »

A STATE university is funded by - ready for this - the STATE.

Ownership is control.  At least in a moral system it is.  With the state's taxpayers footing the bill, they have a right to demand that odious, racist, indoctrinal courses that are ONLY aimed at dividing people by races and fomenting conflict...they have the RIGHT to demand THIS BE STOPPED.  And that those responsible for this filth are removed.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 05:54:39 pm »

Ownership is control.  At least in a moral system it is.  With the state's taxpayers footing the bill, they have a right to demand that odious, racist, indoctrinal courses that are ONLY aimed at dividing people by races and fomenting conflict...they have the RIGHT to demand THIS BE STOPPED.  And that those responsible for this filth are removed.

In other words - free speech as long as I agree with it.

Bollocks.

As long as the course is not REQUIRED to get a degree, what is wrong with letting the market decide? Or do we not believe in that when something personally offends us?

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 05:58:18 pm »

Bollocks.

As long as the course is not REQUIRED to get a degree, what is wrong with letting the market decide? Or do we not believe in that when something personally offends us?

"Free Speech" is, freedom from GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE with speech.

I don't have the right to deliver screeds in your front room while you try to eat Christmas dinner in peace.

I don't have the right to make YOU...PAY for my venue, either.  If I want to rent a hall, or buy a newspaper ad, or put up a website...I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. 

Not government, and not you.  I, the free-speaker, have to find a way.

These university administrators are HIRELINGS.  For the top management of the university, its Board of Trustees.  THEY have to answer to the OWNERS...the State of Wisconsin, and in fact the citizens of Wisconsin who fund this.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 02:42:26 am »
EC wrote:
"In other words - free speech as long as I agree with it."

JustPassin' replied:
"These university administrators are HIRELINGS.  For the top management of the university, its Board of Trustees.  THEY have to answer to the OWNERS...the State of Wisconsin, and in fact the citizens of Wisconsin who fund this."

Solution:
Suspend the course and fire this loon.
He can then have his free speech in the public square.

Prediction:
This is UW at Madison, folks -- one of the "leftest" schools there is.
The guy will probably be kept on...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 02:38:28 pm »

Bollocks.

I would agree with you when they start offering courses like:

"The Problem With Niggerism"
"The Problem With Islam"
"The Problem With The Gay Agenda"
"The Problem With 'No Abla Englis'"
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 07:28:41 am »

Bingo.  Private colleges who are not using taxpayer dollars essentially have a blank check to do as they please.  But when taxpayer dollars are at stake the rules are different. 

This is the same argument as with PBS.  A certain responsibility and accountability comes along with the use of taxpayer dollars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 03:25:27 pm »
Now imagine the reaction to a course called "The Problem of Blackness".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 06:35:33 am »
Now imagine the reaction to a course called "The Problem of Blackness".
I was on a Madison news site arguing with libs about this. Someone else mentioned the furor that would occur over a course calling blackness (or other colors) a problem.
The libs on the site were stunned to think that anyone would object to a course about whiteness.
You literally run into a collection of  stone minds when you try to argue logic with libs. None of the lib posters on the site seemed to think there could possibly be anything wrong with a course about the problem of whiteness and thought it impossible that there could be problems with other colors.
Naturally, some of the self-identified black posters went into a  dirge about the history of slavery and racism as they always do. They bring up "white supremacy" and how they're all still victims 50 years after the passage of the landmark civil rights bill of 1965. 
When you ask them how it was possible for a black man to be elected president twice in a country dominated by white supremacy, you either get a bunch of gobbledygook or no answer at all.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 09:31:41 am »
When you ask them how it was possible for a black man to be elected president twice in a country dominated by white supremacy, you either get a bunch of gobbledygook or no answer at all.

A standard liberal trick is to flip flop back and forth from the specific to the generic.  When it's convenient for them to do so they toss out a generic boogeyman, one that you can pinpoint no easier than a phantom.  On occasion they'll cite an isolated incident as proof of the whole.  Quite a leap.

For example, because black people are arrested at a high percentage all cops are racist.

And they once saw a video in 1998 of a man being shot with his hands raised, so every cop shooting is obviously a "hands up don't shoot" scenario.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 04:58:30 pm »
A standard liberal trick is to flip flop back and forth from the specific to the generic.  When it's convenient for them to do so they toss out a generic boogeyman, one that you can pinpoint no easier than a phantom.  On occasion they'll cite an isolated incident as proof of the whole.  Quite a leap.

For example, because black people are arrested at a high percentage all cops are racist.

And they once saw a video in 1998 of a man being shot with his hands raised, so every cop shooting is obviously a "hands up don't shoot" scenario.
One thing is for sure...liberals are immune to facts and reason. Ignoring black pathology or blaming it on Evil Whitey does nothing to help black Americans. It would be much better for everybody if the truth was laid out for all and the excuses would cease. But I won't hold my breath.
For liberals the narrative is all important. Evil Whitey must be seen to still have his boots on black peoples' necks.  If the truth were actually told, the whole rotten liberal edifice would collapse.

Offline Millee

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 05:15:35 pm »
One thing is for sure...liberals are immune to facts and reason. Ignoring black pathology or blaming it on Evil Whitey does nothing to help black Americans. It would be much better for everybody if the truth was laid out for all and the excuses would cease. But I won't hold my breath.
For liberals the narrative is all important. Evil Whitey must be seen to still have his boots on black peoples' necks.  If the truth were actually told, the whole rotten liberal edifice would collapse.

Well stated.  blij26

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 02:48:28 am »
goatprairie wrote:
"For liberals the narrative is all important. Evil Whitey must be seen to still have his boots on black peoples' necks.  If the truth were actually told, the whole rotten liberal edifice would collapse."

I predict that at some point not too far into Trump's presidency there's going to be another black/white incident that stirs up a nationwide brouhaha, during which Trump is going to blurt out something so politically uncorrect that it changes all the dynamics going forward.

That moment can't come soon enough!