Author Topic: Trump posse browbeats Hill Republicans  (Read 6244 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump posse browbeats Hill Republicans
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2016, 05:05:22 am »
I've already informed my congressman to stand up to Trump where necessary or announce his retirement.

@Cripplecreek

Boy Jorge,McLunatic,and Clinton fan,are you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2016, 05:06:45 am »
@Longiron, Trump lackey, once again quoting and imitating Democrats.

Not much difference between an Obama leftist and a Trump leftist, I guess.......

btw, you're also short on facts there lackey.......... NONE of us "lost" because Hillary lost, and we all hated her. 

Stop repeating the lie.

@musiclady

Being a rabid Boy Jorge supporter,you have no standing to call ANYBODY a leftist. Compared to him,Bill Clinton was a conservative.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2016, 05:09:34 am »
I'm not happy with Trump or anyone else browbeating Hill Republicans. I MUCH prefer someone beating them with a 2x4 with nails sticking out of it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2016, 06:06:08 am »
So it's ok to rule by imperial fiat as long as the guy doing it is the one you voted for...got it.
I don't understand why it is so difficult for people to understand that the power they give to 'their guy' will be there for the next one to possibly use against them. The sheer illegitimacy of the machinations of the Obama administration should be held out as a low period in the history of this Republic, not emulated, which will only lend them validity.
So, too, should people be careful about granting any extraConstitutional power to Trump. If the examples of the NDAA and the Patriot Act giving excess power (eventually) to people who could use it against us aren't enough, I don't know what is.

This electronic communication may have been monitored and or recorded by the NSA, or any of a number of other alphabet soup agencies of the United States Government for the purpose of keeping you safe. Do you feel safer now?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2016, 07:27:16 am »
I don't understand why it is so difficult for people to understand that the power they give to 'their guy' will be there for the next one to possibly use against them. The sheer illegitimacy of the machinations of the Obama administration should be held out as a low period in the history of this Republic, not emulated, which will only lend them validity.
So, too, should people be careful about granting any extraConstitutional power to Trump. If the examples of the NDAA and the Patriot Act giving excess power (eventually) to people who could use it against us aren't enough, I don't know what is.

This electronic communication may have been monitored and or recorded by the NSA, or any of a number of other alphabet soup agencies of the United States Government for the purpose of keeping you safe. Do you feel safer now?

They want their strongman. That's all they ever wanted. The constitution was never a factor in their voting.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2016, 07:31:36 am »
They want their strongman. That's all they ever wanted. The constitution was never a factor in their voting.
Geeez. Where have I heard that sort of thing before?

‘After We Win This Election, It’s Our Turn. Payback Time.’

Valerie Jarrett –
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2016, 07:40:22 am »
Geeez. Where have I heard that sort of thing before?

Not the way to run a constitutional Republic - and keep it.