Author Topic: Trump posse browbeats Hill Republicans  (Read 6247 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Trump posse browbeats Hill Republicans
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2016, 11:38:35 am »
96 million people are not out of work

96 million people are not in the labor force.

There is a difference

Not to the vast majority of those people.  Whatever they are doing, a good job would be better for them and for the country.

Are you defending the practice of labeling the long term unemployed as no longer in the workforce for the sake of a better sounding statistic?  Forgetting those 96 million people got us Trump and could well get us a lot worse.  History will show that there are severe consequences to shuffling 96 million people aside.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2016, 11:39:45 am »
Its going to be interesting to see who possesses the self awareness to be embarrassed by what they've done in electing Trump.

Newt Gingrich wants our ethics laws to be changed because he fears Trump is going to get himself into trouble and now he wants to stop talking about "Draining the swamp" because its not going to happen.

Newt Gingrich: "I Goofed," Drain The Swamp (DTS) Is Still In

Offline jpsb

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2016, 11:44:14 am »
96 million people are not out of work

96 million people are not in the labor force.

There is a difference

Yeah the unemployment checks stopped. Most of those 96mill would be happy to go back to work if they would find work.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2016, 11:47:23 am »
Somebody better mark it on a calendar for him.

Making threats are we?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2016, 11:50:38 am »
Uh, actually, the Republicans in Congress also won. If you don't believe me, can you tell me where Paul Nehlen is?

Paul Ryan got  57,391 votes, how many did Trump get?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2016, 11:53:33 am »
LOL. Nehlan was a horses ass. No wonder Donny backed his play.

Lie much?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump endorsed House Speaker Paul Ryan and Arizona Sen. John McCain on Friday, moving to mend an intra-party rift that has put the Republican presidential nominee at odds with its highest-ranking elected official.
Trump's endorsements came at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/donald-trump-endorse-paul-ryan/

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2016, 12:03:08 pm »
Lie much?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump endorsed House Speaker Paul Ryan and Arizona Sen. John McCain on Friday, moving to mend an intra-party rift that has put the Republican presidential nominee at odds with its highest-ranking elected official.
Trump's endorsements came at a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/donald-trump-endorse-paul-ryan/

And a few days before, trump was refusing to endorse ryan and saying nice things about nehlen.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2016, 12:11:11 pm »
And a few days before, trump was refusing to endorse ryan and saying nice things about nehlen.

Of course! Have you never negotiated anything? There is the carrot and there is the stick. Which do you want Paul the carrot or the stick? Ryan wisely choose the carrot.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2016, 01:10:31 pm »
And yet Trump is going to do the same thing with EO's that Obama did.

Oh, Lord Jesus....I sure hope so!     :0001:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2016, 01:28:43 pm »
Of course! Have you never negotiated anything? There is the carrot and there is the stick. Which do you want Paul the carrot or the stick? Ryan wisely choose the carrot.

If your boy is  going to take every position on every issue, don't call people liars for pointing out a position he took just because it wasn't the final(?) one, or the one you happen to like.

Actuall, just don't call people liars.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2016, 01:35:38 pm »
If your boy is  going to take every position on every issue, don't call people liars for pointing out a position he took just because it wasn't the final(?) one, or the one you happen to like.

Saying that Trump backed Ryan opponent is a lie.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2016, 01:53:02 pm »

You're wasting your time.

Some folks just don't Possess the intelligence to be embarrassed.

Trump Endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain at Wisconsin Rally http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-endorses-paul-ryan-john-mccain-wisconsin-rally-n624076

With video

"I Support and endorse Paul Ryan" He then goes on to support and endorse John McCain and then he goes in to support and endorse Kelly Ayotte.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:01:01 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2016, 02:04:24 pm »
You're wasting your time.

Some folks just don't Possess the intelligence to be embarrassed.

Trump Endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain at Wisconsin Rally http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-endorses-paul-ryan-john-mccain-wisconsin-rally-n624076

With video

"I Support and endorse Paul Ryan" He then goes on to support and endorse John McCain and then he goes in to support and endorse Kelly Ayotte.

@Cripplecreek

Thank you for helping me make my point that Trump endorsed Paul Ryan not Ryans' opponent. I posted the very same link to prove that saying otherwise was a lie. thanks again.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2016, 02:08:49 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Thank you for helping me make my point that Trump endorsed Paul Ryan not Ryans' opponent. I posted the very same link to prove that saying otherwise was a lie. thanks again.

Thus proving that Trump has been an establishment puppet all along.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »
Thus proving that Trump has been an establishment puppet all along.

Or Trump is using his "leverage" to get Ryan to buy into Trumps' agenda. We shall yes which is which next year. I do recall Trump telling Ryan during his "thank you" tour that "we are going to build the wall".
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:25:42 pm by jpsb »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2016, 02:39:26 pm »
Fasten your seat belts Joe....its gonna be a bumpy 2017.

...not to mention a bumpy 2018, 2019, and 2020.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2016, 03:55:15 pm »
Fasten your seat belts Joe....its gonna be a bumpy 2017.
Well, it ain't my first rodeo...

Count to eight...and wait for the buzzer...Yee Haw!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »
Yeah the unemployment checks stopped. Most of those 96mill would be happy to go back to work if they would find work.

The checks ended and they jumped to SSI disability.

It's the reason why it's teetering on insolvency and Obama had the budget office transfer money from one SSI program to the disability fund.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2016, 04:04:25 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Neither are Conservative...both are establishment...the very types that Trump supporters said he would never get behind. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2016, 04:09:59 pm »
The checks ended and they jumped to SSI disability.

It's the reason why it's teetering on insolvency and Obama had the budget office transfer money from one SSI program to the disability fund.
Yep. There was a rash of those lawyer commercials on the teevee about 'getting you the disability payments you deserve', just about the time the 99 weeks extension was beginning to run out. Numbers of people on disability spiked. No job, no prospects, retire early...just no where near as well.

If you weren't drawing unemployment, you didn't count as 'unemployed', now you were just not in the work force. If your small business crashed and burned, you really didn't count, because you couldn't draw unemployment. That allows for all sorts of gaming numbers by the administration to polish that turd, and they used as many ways to minimize the negative impacts of policy as they could. The bottom line, though, is that there are legions of unemployed and underemployed people across the country who would rather be working and prosperous than trying to make a dollar stretch--and plenty of folks who remain blissfully unaware of that situation, too, because it doesn't affect them.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »
If you weren't drawing unemployment, you didn't count as 'unemployed', now you were just not in the work force. If your small business crashed and burned, you really didn't count, because you couldn't draw unemployment. That allows for all sorts of gaming numbers by the administration to polish that turd, and they used as many ways to minimize the negative impacts of policy as they could. The bottom line, though, is that there are legions of unemployed and underemployed people across the country who would rather be working and prosperous than trying to make a dollar stretch--and plenty of folks who remain blissfully unaware of that situation, too, because it doesn't affect them.

Not true. THere is no connection between the UE rate and unemployment claims. UE rate is just a survey, via telephones I think. You are considered "not looking" if you haven't looked for a work in a week I think.

The unemployment checks thing is figured into the weekly "UE claims" report. BUt the two don't have much to do with each other, other than by getting a check you are not as likely to be looking for work.

HonestJohn

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2016, 12:54:26 am »
Not to the vast majority of those people.  Whatever they are doing, a good job would be better for them and for the country.

Are you defending the practice of labeling the long term unemployed as no longer in the workforce for the sake of a better sounding statistic?  Forgetting those 96 million people got us Trump and could well get us a lot worse.  History will show that there are severe consequences to shuffling 96 million people aside.

If they are not in the work force, then the reasons are more than just "can't find a job".

This metric also includes retirees, those in college, those too young to work, those too disabled to work, etc, etc, etc.

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2016, 02:26:34 am »
If they are not in the work force, then the reasons are more than just "can't find a job".

This metric also includes retirees, those in college, those too young to work, those too disabled to work, etc, etc, etc.

People who are too young to work are NOT included in the labor force particitpation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2016, 02:58:05 am »
Oh, Lord Jesus....I sure hope so!     :0001:

So it's ok to rule by imperial fiat as long as the guy doing it is the one you voted for...got it.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2016, 04:07:09 am »
Trump Huey Long posse browbeats Hill Republicans

Fixed.