Author Topic: 'Train Wreck'? Liberals Panic Early About White House Correspondents Dinner with Trump  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

'Train Wreck'? Liberals Panic Early About White House Correspondents Dinner with Trump
By Tim Graham | December 22, 2016 | 2:27 PM EST
shares

Poynter’s James Warren (a former Chicago Tribune managing editor) has turned to the next press horror under President Trump: “What will the White House correspondents’ dinner look like under President Trump?” Warren admitted  “It seems way off — April 29, 2017 — but the election of Donald Trump is already raising questions and some fears among [White House Correspondents] association members.”

"This is unchartered [sic] territory," said a former WHCA board member who's discussed the matter with board members. "We've never had a businessman-reality TV star as president, somebody who understands the importance of this particular event."

That sounds a little odd, considering Obama and Bill Clinton understood this was an event where they could easily own the room. See the media adoration of Obama’s mic-drop routine earlier this year.

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2016/12/22/train-wreck-liberals-panic-early-about-white-house-correspondents

Offline Just_Victor

Dear Lord!  You'd think Trump is going to heard all his political enemies to a guillotine given the liberal angst.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.