Author Topic: CBS Freaks Out: Trump Asked for Lists of Federal Programs and Workers  (Read 889 times)

rangerrebew

CBS Freaks Out: Trump Asked for Lists of Federal Programs and Workers
By Nicholas Fondacaro | December 22, 2016 | 9:32 PM EST
shares

In yet another report on CBS Evening News about seemingly nothing, the network tried to stoke fear of President-Elect Donald Trump’s upcoming administration Thursday night. The cause of their concern? He did the unthinkable and asked for a list of federal programs he would be overseeing. “The Trump transition team has been sending questionnaires to cabinet departments, not at all unusual, but some of the questions sent to the State Department are raising concerns,” announced Anchor Scott Pelley.

“The memo shared with CBS News requested details on ‘existing programs and activities to promote gender equality, such as ending gender-based violence…’” reported CBS’ Margaret Brennan, “As well a list of jobs that handle those issues.”

According to Brennan, the memo did not include a reason as to why the transition team wanted the list of programs. But as the future president, does Trump need to note why he wants it? And why the fear, unless it quote, “raised concern that the Trump administration might want to cancel State Department initiatives championed by former Secretary Hillary Clinton.” Ah, of course!

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2016/12/22/cbs-freaks-out-trump-asked-lists-federal-programs-and-workers

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: CBS Freaks Out: Trump Asked for Lists of Federal Programs and Workers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:29:42 am »
Maybe Trump should contact CBS and ask for another list - which journalists at CBS have had their computers hacked by the Obama administration.

We already know of some, it would be interesting to see the entire list.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 08:12:49 pm »
Sounds to me that draining the swamp includes emptying the pit of vipers.  One can hope.

What does that even mean?  Gender equality? 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 08:35:53 pm »

In my corporate era, I was head of budgets for corporation that built part of the Alaska pipeline.

The VP in charge of that project, later division general manager, had a management philosophy:

"What are we doing, why are we doing it, and when are we going to stop?"

In that same era, tools like "Zero Based Budgeting" became popular. 

When the chips are down, few manager have the balls necessary to truly make zero based work.

Trump is probably the closest to such an individual that will be seen in my lifetime.

Zero based budgeting requires a detailed and thorough bottom up procedure, with total support from the very top.

In our corporate case, some departments just got put out of business. VPs early retired, others reassigned if they performed a necessary function.

My own method to determine how far to cut, is until necessary tasks are not done. You can tell at that point the cut was a little too far.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 10:10:56 pm »
In my corporate era, I was head of budgets for corporation that built part of the Alaska pipeline.

The VP in charge of that project, later division general manager, had a management philosophy:

When the chips are down, few manager have the balls necessary to truly make zero based work.

Trump is probably the closest to such an individual that will be seen in my lifetime.

Zero based budgeting requires a detailed and thorough bottom up procedure, with total support from the very top.

In our corporate case, some departments just got put out of business. VPs early retired, others reassigned if they performed a necessary function.

My own method to determine how far to cut, is until necessary tasks are not done. You can tell at that point the cut was a little too far.

You've already outed yourself as a suspect in the Global Warming epidemic.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 10:53:32 pm »

Sounds like a great way to get your best employees to quit and go work for your competitor, when your ability to replace the attrition is at its lowest.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 11:13:54 pm »

Good points.

I'd say of the 634 government agencies we could cut down to about 6 before we started getting a little too close to the bone.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 08:36:23 pm »

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 01:30:19 am »
Sounds like a great way to get your best employees to quit and go work for your competitor, when your ability to replace the attrition is at its lowest.

Exactly what I've seen happen at multiple firms.  Good employees don't like short-sighted management.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 01:56:47 am »
Exactly what I've seen happen at multiple firms.  Good employees don't like short-sighted management.

Can't tell you how many guys I've met have all the answers.  They learnt it all from books.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: