Author Topic: Trump meets with Carlos Slim as Mexican leaders seek better relations  (Read 630 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump meets with Carlos Slim as Mexican leaders seek better relations

In the closing days of his campaign, Donald Trump vilified one of the world’s richest men — Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim — as part of a globalist cabal conspiring to extinguish his populist candidacy.
Yet over the weekend, Slim journeyed to Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s estate in Palm Beach, Fla., for what the president-elect described as “a lovely dinner with a wonderful man.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-dines-with-carlos-slim-as-relations-warm-with-mexican-leaders/2016/12/19/652ccf7c-c60f-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.c0b2397de19b

I said this before.  Trump is like that White Elephant Christmas Gift.  If its bad there is always next year.  Or in this case 4 years.

http://jamesladams.typepad.com/blog/2013/01/outsourcingoffshoring-to-mexico.html
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:55:53 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump meets with Carlos Slim as Mexican leaders seek better relations
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 05:50:18 am »
What's the problem here? Are we supposed to be preparing to bomb Mexico City or something?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 05:59:44 am »
What's the problem here? Are we supposed to be preparing to bomb Mexico City or something?

The problem is outsourcing US jobs.  And I am sure that there will be some anti-Trump people who will be exceedingly glad if Trump dumps on his promises to the American workers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/meet-trumps-new-target-mexican-billionaire-carlos-slim/ar-AAiYhlO

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:35:21 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 06:57:39 am »
Slim wants to make sure his company...TracPhone will still be able to supply cell phones to welfare recipients like he's done the last 8 years. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »
All of these critics are now having to perp walk to the see the king...hoping for a metaphorical pardon for past transgressions. Trump is smart to see them....lets them know quite clearly who is in charge and who has the leverage. A politician would ice these folks out, smart businessman finds ways to make these folks work for him. Simply meeting with a political opponent sends a great message that Trump is willing to listen to everyone, while letting the "opponent" know that there is a new sherriff in town and they'd best play by his rules. Guys like Slim aren't going away, so Trump is turning them into tools to achieve his own policies. Its smart and effective...its just not the way we're used to seeing politicians problem solve.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 04:07:15 pm »
All of these critics are now having to perp walk to the see the king...hoping for a metaphorical pardon for past transgressions. Trump is smart to see them....lets them know quite clearly who is in charge and who has the leverage. A politician would ice these folks out, smart businessman finds ways to make these folks work for him. Simply meeting with a political opponent sends a great message that Trump is willing to listen to everyone, while letting the "opponent" know that there is a new sherriff in town and they'd best play by his rules. Guys like Slim aren't going away, so Trump is turning them into tools to achieve his own policies. Its smart and effective...its just not the way we're used to seeing politicians problem solve.

Or maybe his trashing of them was just an act to get people like you to vote for him.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 07:39:10 pm »
Or maybe his trashing of them was just an act to get people like you to vote for him.

That's about as plausible as Big Foot and the Yeti. But sure...nothing is totally impossible. I prefer to go with what is vastly more likely, which is why I described it as I did. Feel free to explore your Art Bell style conspiracy theories to your heart's content...just don't expect anyone rational to take you seriously.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:41:34 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 09:03:40 pm »
That's about as plausible as Big Foot and the Yeti. But sure...nothing is totally impossible. I prefer to go with what is vastly more likely, which is why I described it as I did. Feel free to explore your Art Bell style conspiracy theories to your heart's content...just don't expect anyone rational to take you seriously.

It would be the first time a politician has done it.

John McCain acts like a conservative every six years to get elected...McConnell too. Dems act like financial Hawks to get elected to go back and spend trillions.

Trump has already done this with the wall and prosecuting Hillary.

The fact you think it's impossible shows a high level of naivety...or blinders...where Trump is concerned.