Author Topic: Terror Registry Obama to End Terror-Related Registry Before Trump Takes Office  (Read 438 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

President Barack Obama is delivering a parting shot to his successor, ending a national registry that keep track of people who come to the United States from countries with active terrorist groups.

The registry began after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks but has not been used since 2011. As The New York Times notes, however, Obama's decision to erase it from the books shows he does not support President-elect Donald Trump's plans to keep better track of people, particularly Muslims, visiting the U.S. from countries where terrorism breeds.
The registry is called the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS).

"DHS ceased use of NSEERS more than five years ago, after it was determined the program was redundant, inefficient and provided no increase in security," Department of Homeland Security spokesperson Neema Hakim said in a statement, reports the Times.

Hakim called the program "obsolete" and "outdated."

A National Archives and Records Administration document spells out the Obama administration's intention to get rid of the program before Trump takes office on Jan. 20.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-Terror-Registry/2016/12/22/id/765256/

There is no way on earth that this man has the approval rating for this job that the media reports.

This is as close to treason as one could possibly get.

A DHS spokesman named Neema Hakim?  Are you kidding?  How could the USA allow this?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:39:59 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline the_doc

There is no way on earth that this man has the approval rating for this job that the media reports.

This is as close to treason as one could possibly get.

A DHS spokesman named Neema Hakim?  Are you kidding?  How could the USA allow this?

Howdy, Tex!

I could not agree more.  See my post on the other TBR thread for this at http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,238804.msg1173126.html#msg1173126