Author Topic: Donald Trump: Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP"  (Read 1358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Donald Trump: Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:15:46 pm »
Someone incorrectly stated

That would be Newt.....who can't pass up a microphone or camera
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »
Oh, this is going to bring on a beautiful rant from Newt, lol.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:53:18 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 06:02:03 pm »

Trump corrects Gingrich: We'll always be trying to drain the swamp

By Nolan D. McCaskill

12/22/16 12:22 PM EST

Donald Trump reclaimed his mantra Thursday to “drain the swamp.”

“Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase ‘DRAIN THE SWAMP’ was no longer being used by me,” the president-elect tweeted. “Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.”

That someone is former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. The top Trump ally told NPR on Wednesday that Trump was distancing himself from his campaign pledge to drain the swamp of Washington corruption as he transitions into the White House.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-drain-the-swamp-newt-gingrich-232921
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 06:04:04 pm »
Interesting how they are playing word games with this. Newt didn't say Trump wasn't going to use the phrase, he said the action was no longer a priority. Trump here is only referencing using the phrase, not denying he no longer has the priority to drain the swamp.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 06:08:47 pm »
Interesting how they are playing word games with this. Newt didn't say Trump wasn't going to use the phrase, he said the action was no longer a priority. Trump here is only referencing using the phrase, not denying he no longer has the priority to drain the swamp.

I have discovered something really nice.   If I don't turn on Fox News or CNN, I never actually have to see Donald Trump again.

I wonder ... can this last?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 06:14:35 pm »
How clever they think they are.

The operative word is 'PHRASE".

Gingrich was not referencing the 'phrase' DTS, rather the actions that would fit the adjective of ridding DC of it's crony Fascists.

Instead, as we have seen - Trump has doubled down on filling the swamp with more of the same and worse.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »
That would be Newt.....who can't pass up a microphone or camera
I thought it was sour grapes no Newt's part, time for him to retire already.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 06:19:00 pm »
I have discovered something really nice.   If I don't turn on Fox News or CNN, I never actually have to see Donald Trump again.

Yes.  I will be regarding Trump in the exact same manner I did Obama: turn him off every single time I see him.

He is just another NYC Liberal Democrat running the corrupt empire that is Mordor on the Potomac and attempting to make it his own dynasty now.

I will view him as equally corrosive to liberty and the Constitution as his predecessor was, if not worse.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 06:23:29 pm »

I'm good to go until the college basketball season is over. Gonzaga's 12-0 and #7 in the polls.   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 05:02:43 pm »
How clever they think they are.

The operative word is 'PHRASE".

Gingrich was not referencing the 'phrase' DTS, rather the actions that would fit the adjective of ridding DC of it's crony Fascists.

Instead, as we have seen - Trump has doubled down on filling the swamp with more of the same and worse.

Hoping you don't notice, but hear what you want to hear.  I'm sure they hate people like you who actually pay attention and analyze the words.  It's sort of insulting.  Assuming we are too stupid to notice.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 10:14:06 pm »
Good one!

It's a catch phrase with not much meaning and I have no problem with his cabinet so far.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.