Author Topic: California secession organizers open an embassy — in Moscow!  (Read 911 times)

rangerrebew

California secession organizers open an embassy — in Moscow!
« on: December 22, 2016, 05:01:34 pm »
California secession organizers open an embassy — in Moscow!
Comments

Posted by Leslie Eastman      Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 11:30am

The “unofficial” embassy is being funded by the Kremlin.

https://twitter.com/LouisJMarinelli/status/810460540535500800   

I recently blogged that the Yes, Californa secession campaign is being run by a 30-year-old American who lives and works in a city on the edge of Siberia.

Now, even before all the required signatures for the ballot measure have been collected, the chief secessionist says that a California embassy has opened in Moscow, Russia.

California gained an embassy in Russia last weekend, at least in the eyes of those who have promised to seek a statewide vote on secession, nicknamed “Calexit,” in 2018.

Louis Marinelli, a San Diego resident who is the leader of the group promoting an effort to turn the state into an independent country , organized the Moscow event that was publicized on social media.

“We want to start laying the groundwork for a dialogue about an independent California joining the United Nations now,” he said in an email Monday.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/12/california-secession-organizers-open-an-embassy-in-moscow/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:02:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: California secession organizers open an embassy — in Moscow!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »

Considering the Civil War, the chance of a California secession is little to none.

But it will serve as a topic for billions of pixels going forward.

One result of information overload is loss of the ability to discern the important and probable from the improbable.

BTW California is a net contributor the federal budget; giving more than they take. (so is Texas)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:44:55 pm »
The last I knew, they were the 6th largest economy in the world.  It is interesting they are contributors with a debt that will probably never be taken care of.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:54:04 pm »
Maybe they want Russian troops like Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova "separatists" got

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 12:38:20 am »
The last I knew, they were the 6th largest economy in the world.  It is interesting they are contributors with a debt that will probably never be taken care of.
Most government entities the world over, have debt. I have not seen the news about the nation that paid its debt all the way down to zero.

People predicting the early demise of California have been wrong more than once.

California and Texas BOTH have about 37% Hispanic identity residents.

Much to the surprise of some others, most of those Hispanics are native born or naturalized citizens, not recent wetbacks.

California is the Number One agriculture state in the union. One of the top oil/gas producers. Has the largest shipping port.

Highly diversified economy. Has proved to be more agile and adaptive to changes, compared to the rust best for example.

The movement to the left disappoints me greatly.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 12:53:38 am »
Most government entities the world over, have debt. I have not seen the news about the nation that paid its debt all the way down to zero.

People predicting the early demise of California have been wrong more than once.

California and Texas BOTH have about 37% Hispanic identity residents.

Much to the surprise of some others, most of those Hispanics are native born or naturalized citizens, not recent wetbacks.

California is the Number One agriculture state in the union. One of the top oil/gas producers. Has the largest shipping port.

Highly diversified economy. Has proved to be more agile and adaptive to changes, compared to the rust best for example.

The movement to the left disappoints me greatly.

The movement to the left in this state comes almost entirely from LA county, and is predominantly due to immigration.

Currently one in four Californians is foreign born. Love it or hate it, it is the reason for the ideological shift.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 01:18:14 am »
The movement to the left in this state comes almost entirely from LA county, and is predominantly due to immigration.

Currently one in four Californians is foreign born. Love it or hate it, it is the reason for the ideological shift.

fact:  Only a few elections ago (2000), four of the six most southern coastal counties voted Republican. San Diego, Orange, Ventura and San Luis Obispo.

In 2016 all four of those voted for Clinton, plus of course Lost Angeles and Santa Barbara counties.

I d not like the trend. But I am probably unlikely to move due to politics.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 02:20:51 am »
fact:  Only a few elections ago (2000), four of the six most southern coastal counties voted Republican. San Diego, Orange, Ventura and San Luis Obispo.

In 2016 all four of those voted for Clinton, plus of course Lost Angeles and Santa Barbara counties.

I have read that 1.5 million of Hillary's 2.5 million vote advantage we're accounted for in LA county alone.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 12:03:25 am »

What was the Hispanic vote ratio?