Author Topic: Boeing CEO says he'll build Air Force Ones for less than $4 billion after Trump meeting  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Boeing CEO says he'll build Air Force Ones for less than $4 billion after Trump meeting
Washington Examiner, Dec 21, 2016, Jacqueline Klimas

Boeing will build the new Air Force One for less than $4 billion, the CEO told reporters Wednesday after meeting with President-elect Trump.

Dennis Muilenburg, the Boeing CEO, praised Trump for his "business head" and said the two had a very productive meeting where they discussed how the country could build two new Air Force One planes for less than the $4 billion, which Trump criticized on Twitter this month.

"We're going to get it done for less than that," Muilenburg said. "I was able to give the president-elect my personal commitment on behalf of the Boeing Company. This is a business that's important to us. We work on Air Force One because it's important to our country and we're going to make sure that he gets the best capability and that it's done affordably."

When asked about the timeline, Muilenburg said "that's what we're going to work on together."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-meets-with-boeing-lockheed-ceos/article/2610187

Dennis Muilenburg, the Boeing CEO, praised Trump for his "business head" and said the two had a very productive meeting where they discussed how the country could build two new Air Force One planes for less than the $4 billion, which Trump criticized on Twitter this month.

They're paying attention.  :thumbsup2: 

Online roamer_1

LOL! I been here before... low-ball the contract and make it up on the change-orders... watch and see.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
LOL! I been here before... low-ball the contract and make it up on the change-orders... watch and see.

They were never going to cost 4 billion to build anyway. A lot of that is research development and design and they'll still get the money regardless of what they're saying.

Offline Frank Cannon

You're paying attention.  :thumbsup:

You sound like you believe President-elect Trump has never come up against change-orders in his line of business--and won't handle them contractually at the start. 

Thanks for the laugh @roamer_1    :laugh:

You're paying attention.  :thumbsup:

And you're forgetting Trump's business @Frank Cannon  .... Relax he knows more about change order traps than we'll ever hope to.

Love ya!   ^-^

Online roamer_1

You sound like you believe President-elect Trump has never come up against change-orders in his line of business--and won't handle them contractually at the start. 

No, I mean with him complicit - I can't tell you how many times I have had that talk with a general contractor - where the bank needed a number they could swallow, so the expensive 'extras' got taken out of the contract... only added back in after the fact as change-orders direct with the owner... And as the bank is committed, and as the contract starts to go long, the job will either go under water, or the bank will increase the loan - which they always do, because a half-finished house won't give them their money back.

this smells the same.

Online corbe

If I was Boeing, I'd be worry about him filing Bankruptcy on me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

And you're forgetting Trump's business @Frank Cannon  .... Relax he knows more about change order traps than we'll ever hope to.

Love ya!   ^-^

He doesn't know shit as evidenced by his many bankruptcies.

Online roamer_1

My turn!

You're paying attention    :thumbsup:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No, I mean with him complicit - I can't tell you how many times I have had that talk with a general contractor - where the bank needed a number they could swallow, so the expensive 'extras' got taken out of the contract... only added back in after the fact as change-orders direct with the owner... And as the bank is committed, and as the contract starts to go long, the job will either go under water, or the bank will increase the loan - which they always do, because a half-finished house won't give them their money back.

this smells the same.

You want negotiating prowess look at Rick Snyder and the Gordie Howe international bridge project. When he took office Canada was hoping we would pay half for the bridge and related infrastructure. Now Canada is paying for the bridge and all related infrastructure on both sides of the border as well as hiring half of their workforce in the USA. Granted Canada will collect tolls for the next 50 or so years but it will still be a huge revenue generator for both Michigan and Ontario. Its the second busiest freight crossing in North America after Laredo with the possibility of surpassing Laredo within 5 years of completion in 2020.

For cripes sake @Frank Cannon --- educate yourself.  http://www.trump.com/

Offline Frank Cannon

For cripes sake @Frank Cannon --- educate yourself.  http://www.trump.com/

LOL. Educate myself using the mans own business website? You are aware that companies generally don't promote the multitude of failures in their past. Ford doesn't promote the Edsel and Pinto as part of their heritage. Coke doesn't cite New Coke as some of their past innovations. Trump doesn't hype such victories as:

Trump Steaks
The New Jersey Generals
Taj Mahal
GoTrump.com
Trump Shuttle
Trump Mortgage
Trump Magazine
Trump U
Trump Ice
Tour de Trump
Trump Network
Trump Marina
Trump Plaza
Trump Tower Tampa

Offline Night Hides Not

LOL. Educate myself using the mans own business website? You are aware that companies generally don't promote the multitude of failures in their past. Ford doesn't promote the Edsel and Pinto as part of their heritage. Coke doesn't cite New Coke as some of their past innovations. Trump doesn't hype such victories as:

Trump Steaks
The New Jersey Generals
Taj Mahal
GoTrump.com
Trump Shuttle
Trump Mortgage
Trump Magazine
Trump U
Trump Ice
Tour de Trump
Trump Network
Trump Marina
Trump Plaza
Trump Tower Tampa

You win some, you lose some...success, like beauty, can be found in the eye of the beholder.  IMO, your vision is as even keeled as any I've encountered at TBR.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You sound like you believe that the President actually negotiates contracts for things like this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So the next question should be...where are they cutting corners on the cost of each aircraft?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!