Author Topic: Schumer Says Trump's Trillion-Dollar Infrastructure Plan 'Sounds Good to Me'  (Read 827 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What would sound good to me is finding out what happened to the last trillion and how we can recoup that loss.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
...and this is exactly why it is nice to have a GOP Senate and House.  Work with Trump on the things where there is agreement, don't move of the things where there isn't.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What would sound good to me is finding out what happened to the last trillion and how we can recoup that loss.

Most went to unions, I believe.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Of course Schumer is going to agree with Trump's plan to spend trillions more fleeced from the plebes.

Trump:

"I have always had a good relationship with Chuck Schumer. He is far smarter than Harry R and has the ability to get things done. Good news!"

Schumer has received more donations from Trump than any other lawmaker has.[/url]

"I mean, I've contributed to Schumer, I contribute — I've known Schumer for many, many years," Trump said last year. "And I have a good relationship with him. The fact is, that I think it is time maybe that we all do get along."

We warned everyone that Trump was just Hillary with a penis, but no one listened.

Because …. 'the wall'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Most went to unions, I believe.

You got that right.  The whole claim of "infrastructure" spending and "shovel-ready" projects was just a tiny part of the entire stimulus bill.  Less that $50B of the bill was even intended to go to roads, bridges, etc..  The vast majority of the money was shoveled to public sector union members and various pet lefty projects.  They tried to portray it as an infrastructure bill because they knew that was an easier sell to the public, but it wasn't.

The Senate GOP tried to increase the amount of actual road/bridge construction to $100B, but were shot down.  So the truth is that there was never a trillion dollar, $800 billion dollar, or even $100B infrastructure bill.