Author Topic: Trump posse browbeats Hill Republicans  (Read 6221 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Trump posse browbeats Hill Republicans
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:46:14 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-congress-republicans-232800#pq=MUUpkT

Flores admitted that Trump’s new brand of populist conservatism wouldn't always mesh with the priorities of Capitol Hill Republicans. But he went on to suggest it wouldn’t be a big problem, emphasizing that Republicans had plenty to collaborate on, such as tax reform, repealing Obamacare and passing a border security plan.

“Let's work on the things we know where we’re together," Flores said, "and then we’ll figure out the rest in the next six months.”

Breitbart picked up the remarks several days later. Its post linked Flores to Ryan and argued that the Texan's comments hinted at a GOP leadership ploy to quietly stifle Trump’s campaign promises.

The rabid Trump supporters always seem to be looking for a fight where none exists. It's either ignorance of how politics requires some compromise, or it's an authoritarianism that is not all that dissimilar to the left's authoritarianism ie., "I want everything my way and there is no room for discussion."
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 02:48:18 pm »
The rabid Trump supporters always seem to be looking for a fight where none exists. It's either ignorance of how politics requires some compromise, or it's an authoritarianism that is not all that dissimilar to the left's authoritarianism ie., "I want everything my way and there is no room for discussion."

Both.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:11:39 pm »
Flores admitted that Trump’s new brand of populist conservatism wouldn't always mesh with the priorities of Capitol Hill Republicans. But he went on to suggest it wouldn’t be a big problem, emphasizing that Republicans had plenty to collaborate on, such as tax reform, repealing Obamacare and passing a border security plan.

“Let's work on the things we know where we’re together," Flores said, "and then we’ll figure out the rest in the next six months.”

Breitbart picked up the remarks several days later. Its post linked Flores to Ryan and argued that the Texan's comments hinted at a GOP leadership ploy to quietly stifle Trump’s campaign promises.

We WON you LOST!!! Elections have consequences. Hear that anywhere before?? :patriot:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 03:16:04 pm »
I've already informed my congressman to stand up to Trump where necessary or announce his retirement.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »
We WON you LOST!!! Elections have consequences. Hear that anywhere before?? :patriot:

@Longiron, Trump lackey, once again quoting and imitating Democrats.

Not much difference between an Obama leftist and a Trump leftist, I guess.......

btw, you're also short on facts there lackey.......... NONE of us "lost" because Hillary lost, and we all hated her. 

Stop repeating the lie.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:32:30 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »
Michelle Malkin was also whining about Paul Ryan a few days ago.

I guess our side is tapping their inner fascist.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 03:36:36 pm »

Trump makes that easier.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 03:45:49 pm »

Not much difference between an Obama leftist and a Trump leftist, I guess.......

btw, you're also short on facts there lackey.......... NONE of us "lost" because Hillary lost, and we all hated her. 

Stop repeating the lie.

It reminds me of 2012 when Republicans picked up seats in the house and took control of the senate but Obama won the whote house.

When we passed RTW in Michigan the democrats were saying "You can't do that , Obama Won!". They got madder than hell when I pointed out that Obama didn't win a single seat in the Michigan legislature or the United States House or Senate.

Simple fact is that our representatives are to represent us over the party and most definitely over a president.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 03:47:12 pm »
It reminds me of 2012 when Republicans picked up seats in the house and took control of the senate but Obama won the whote house.

When we passed RTW in Michigan the democrats were saying "You can't do that , Obama Won!". They got madder than hell when I pointed out that Obama didn't win a single seat in the Michigan legislature or the United States House or Senate.

Simple fact is that our representatives are to represent us over the party and most definitely over a president.

No, didn't happen in 2012. GOP lost seats in both House and Senate (but still retained the House).

I believe.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 03:52:30 pm »

Its going to be interesting to see who possesses the self awareness to be embarrassed by what they've done in electing Trump.

Newt Gingrich wants our ethics laws to be changed because he fears Trump is going to get himself into trouble and now he wants to stop talking about "Draining the swamp" because its not going to happen.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 04:01:19 pm »

Actually, Flores, Ryan, and every single other GOP member of the House also WON, else they wouldn't be in Congress.

Frankly, I always thought McConnell and Boehner missed out on the correct response when Obama gave them his infamous "I won" line.  The proper response was "And so did I".  A perfectly legitimate reminder that Obama (and Trump) only control one branch of government, not two.

I voted for Trump for President, but I also voted for Portman for the Senate.  My vote for Trump was cast with the hope/expectation that a GOP Congress wouldn't rubber-stamp Trump's agenda, and I hope that holds true.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 05:37:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

And everything obama did will be dismantled. I think the Pubs need to hold strong on the big issues, but should show some flexibility on lesser issues if the Rats want to be reasonable.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 07:17:46 pm »

Sounds like you must have loved Obama, then.

You want your boy to say this.  And Obama said this.

-

You seem to like anyone who says this.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 07:34:01 pm »

Stop repeating the lie.

Just quoting your hero???? Enjoy for another 30 days?? 22222frying pan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 07:36:07 pm »
And everything obama did will be dismantled. I think the Pubs need to hold strong on the big issues, but should show some flexibility on lesser issues if the Rats want to be reasonable.

You are RIGHT the PUBS will do nothing BUT TRUMP will walk back about 80-85 % of the Executive Orders.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »
Actually, Flores, Ryan, and every single other GOP member of the House also WON, else they wouldn't be in Congress.

Frankly, I always thought McConnell and Boehner missed out on the correct response when Obama gave them his infamous "I won" line.  The proper response was "And so did I".  A perfectly legitimate reminder that Obama (and Trump) only control one branch of government, not two.

I voted for Trump for President, but I also voted for Portman for the Senate.  My vote for Trump was cast with the hope/expectation that a GOP Congress wouldn't rubber-stamp Trump's agenda, and I hope that holds true.

Yea that is why TRUMP was elected for MORE of the SAME. Lets just put our hands together and sing Kumb By Ah and all get along while our country gets invaded by illegals, Our economy continue to go to hell, Jobs leave the country, Americans getting killed by illegals, ISIS continue cutting heads off of Christians, 96 MILLION people out of work, Our politicians keep getting paid off by the globalists, Inner cities keep going murdering each other BUT we need to get tough on which bathrooms less then .01% of the population uses. I can fully understand why you do not want TRUMP agenda to NOT go forward???? ***suicide***

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 07:43:39 pm »
You are RIGHT the PUBS will do nothing BUT TRUMP will walk back about 80-85 % of the Executive Orders.

Nice, except the issue in dispute has never been the rollback of Obama's EO's.  It has been things like the $1T in spending on infrastructure that have been questioned.  And hopefully, Congress will prevent Bannon from having his way with the national treasury.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:44:14 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 07:46:59 pm »

Well there you go again.

Congress will have to rescind a fair number of the regulations and I'm sure they will. They can do it with simple majorities in both houses during the first 4 months and after that they will have to do it going through the regular process.

I guess you didn't get my original point. The Rats shouldn't be surprised at seeing their big healthcare achievement dismantled since they iced out the Pubs during it's passage. As a result of that they never had support from a majority of the people because our concerns were not addressed. If any legislation is going to have a lasting effect you really want both sides to have some input. The question that has not been answered yet is are the Rats willing to work with the Pubs, or are they going to obstruct everything. If it's the latter we probably end up seeing them dismantle everything when they get back in power.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 07:51:24 pm »
96 MILLION people out of work,

96 million people are not out of work

96 million people are not in the labor force.

There is a difference
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 08:40:24 pm »
Just quoting your hero???? Enjoy for another 30 days?? 22222frying pan

What the heck are you even talking about?

Do you live in an alternate universe completely separated from reality??

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 11:50:16 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out why so many Trump supporters capitalize random words and use multiple !!!!!!!!.

They also tend to capitalize Trump's  entire name, but I know why they do that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:50:32 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 11:58:43 pm »
Malkin whines about whatever DT tells her to whine about.

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2016, 12:24:39 am »
Malkin whines about whatever DT tells her to whine about.

@Rivergirl

I'm surprised at her, considering the way Trump attacked her on twitter a few years ago.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2016, 12:30:10 am »
@Rivergirl

I'm surprised at her, considering the way Trump attacked her on twitter a few years ago.

Same with Pam Geller.