Author Topic: National popular vote now final: Clinton finishes 2.1 points ahead, Trump has highest vote total ever for a Republican  (Read 1450 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National popular vote now final: Clinton finishes 2.1 points ahead, Trump has highest vote total ever for a Republican

AllahpunditPosted at 9:41 pm on December 20, 2016

Dave Wasserman of Cook Political Report and FiveThirtyEight has been tracking the numbers day by day for weeks and says they’re now official.

Dave Wasserman

@Redistrict

All 50 states + DC now certified:

Clinton: 65,844,610 (48.2%)
Trump: 62,979,636 (46.1%)
Others: 7,804,213 (5.7%)https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/edit#gid=19 …
1:51 PM - 20 Dec 2016

more
http://beta.hotair.com/archives/2016/12/20/national-popular-vote-now-final-trump-finishes-2-1-points-behind-clinton-highest-vote-total-ever-for-a-republican/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Don't think the country is ready for CA and NY to elect all future POTUS, Just saying!! Take away the  Illegal aliens, dead people that voted and those that voted more than once like Detroit and TRUMP wins the popular. He has won 4 times, The Primary, election Night, Recounts and Electoral  College. The Martians did it! 22222frying pan

Offline Frank Cannon

Don't think the country is ready for CA and NY to elect all future POTUS, Just saying!! Take away the  Illegal aliens, dead people that voted and those that voted more than once like Detroit and TRUMP wins the popular. He has won 4 times, The Primary, election Night, Recounts and Electoral  College. The Martians did it! 22222frying pan

A point not being talked about is the low GOP turnout in some of these super Blue states because it doesn't matter. If I was in CA or NY and had a choice between drinking scotch or standing in line to vote even though I knew it didn't effect the outcome, I would drink.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Detroit -- are you referring to the articles about how the manual count of voters by poll workers didn't match the voting machine records, sometimes higher and sometimes lower but almost always by five or less?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

A point not being talked about is the low GOP turnout in some of these super Blue states because it doesn't matter. If I was in CA or NY and had a choice between drinking scotch or standing in line to vote even though I knew it didn't effect the outcome, I would drink.

In CA we didn't even have a senator to vote for. The contest was between two equally looney democrats.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In CA we didn't even have a senator to vote for. The contest was between two equally looney democrats.

MA had no Senators running and my local Congressman was running unopposed. Most state-level seats were unopposed.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

In California, both of the Senate candidates were Democrats.  In 9 Congressional districts, there was no GOP candidate either.  I think a lot of Republicans may have stayed home under those circumstances.

Also, a huge virtue of the Electoral College is that it acts as a firewall for fraud/ballot stuffing.  Cheating in states that are overwhelmingly Democrat already doesn't affect the EC results.  But if we were to go to a popular vote, there would be a huge incentive for massive ballot-box stuffing in those large cities whose election machinery is controlled almost entirely by Dems.

Offline Longiron

Detroit -- are you referring to the articles about how the manual count of voters by poll workers didn't match the voting machine records, sometimes higher and sometimes lower but almost always by five or less?
Na! meant this Detroit. I am sure it did not happen in any other inner cities. The Martians did it!

http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/recount-uncovers-serious-fraud-in-detroit/ ****slapping

Offline The_Reader_David

Perhaps we can get Congress to support the California secessionists.  Let them go peacefully, so long as they agree to keep the U.S. dollar as their currency for at least 25 years, have a free-trade and freedom-of-movement agreement with still-United States, and to allow plebiscites in counties bordering other states on whether to remain in seceded California or join the neighboring state, repeating with counties that then neighbor the newly-expanded states until no contiguous county wants to stay in the Union.  (Too many supply chains go through California, so we want them out of the political structure without breaking economic ties, and it would be a shame to force the conservative farmers, ranchers and loggers in non-urban CA to stay with the coastal lunatics.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Suppressed

Na! meant this Detroit. I am sure it did not happen in any other inner cities. The Martians did it!

http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/recount-uncovers-serious-fraud-in-detroit/ ****slapping

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer @Longiron

Sounds like the same thing.  WND is just not bothering to mention that the mismatches were small.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

One single family house in San Pedro, a neighborhood of Lost Angeles, had over 80 "vote by mail" ballots delivered to it.

Nobody will investigate voting fraud since democrats control CA govt. at the city, county and state level. Yes I do think the democrats run up these popular vote numbers with fraud, in areas they completely control.

We ARE a "union of states," hence the "United States."

States elect presidents and vice presidents. That isn't going to change any time soon, so get over it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline cato potatoe

We ARE a "union of states," hence the "United States."

States elect presidents and vice presidents. That isn't going to change any time soon, so get over it.

It might.  The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is in place for 165 electoral votes.  It goes into effect when states with 270 electors come on board.  Some states have legislation pending in the current session.  If there's a wave election, you never know.

HonestJohn

Actually, those 2.8 million votes came from Wyoming, North/South Dakota, Alaska, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, etc.

Why are you assuming they came from New York and California?

Offline montanajoe

If Trump does as well as I expect the calls for a popular vote are going to increase exponentially in the next 4 years...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

All of the Hillary so called "popular vote" came from one State. California. Without California and all the illegal votes that California brings with them, Trump wins both the electoral and the so called popular vote.

Final tally shows Trump lost popular vote by 2.8 million – but he BEAT Clinton by 3 million votes outside of California and New York
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,238678.msg1172303.html#msg1172303
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

If Trump does as well as I expect the calls for a popular vote are going to increase exponentially in the next 4 years...

Well that's fine. As long as the rules of the game are known up-front.

What the Liberals are trying to do is to change the rules of the election after the fact.

In a one hundred yard dash, it does not matter if Hillary runs two hundreds yards. But the Liberals say it does matter. They are trying to say that it does not matter that Trump won the 100 yard dash, because Hillary ran 200 yards. That makes her the 'winner'.

You simply cannot change the rules of the race, after the race has been run. And yet, that is what we see from Liberals/NeverTrump.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Interesting results:

National Vote
Hillary Clinton Democrat
Donald J. Trump Republican
CA Vote
Hillary Clinton Democrat
National Vote, ex CA
Hillary Clinton Democrat

Subtract California, and Trump wins the other 49 states, plus DC by 1.4 million votes.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn