Author Topic: Obama lectures Trump on executive orders  (Read 590 times)

rangerrebew

Obama lectures Trump on executive orders
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:05:06 pm »
Obama lectures Trump on executive orders
'Going through the legislative process is always better in part because it's harder to undo'
Published: 16 hours ago

Barack Obama, who once threatened, “I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone” to impose executive orders, is telling his soon-to-be successor Donald Trump that he really shouldn’t be using executive orders that much.

In fact, in an interview with NPR, he went on and on about it.

“Keep in mind though that my strong preference has always been to legislate, when I can get legislation done,” Obama said.

“In my first two years, I wasn’t relying on executive powers because I had big majorities in the Congress and we are able to get bills passed. Even after we lost the majorities in Congress, I bent over backward consistently to try to find compromise and a legislative solution to some of the big problems that we’ve got,” he said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/pen-happy-obama-warns-trump-on-executive-orders/#qhAyD3krvkfVA2EV.99

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Obama lectures Trump on executive orders
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »
That, of course, is the biggest fear liberals have in a Trump presidency.  They are terrified that Trump will use the power of the executive branch the same way the left always wanted 0bama to use it.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.