Author Topic: Walker asks Trump to allow Wisconsin to drug test food stamp recipients  (Read 1045 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Walker asks Trump to allow Wisconsin to drug test food stamp recipients
By Kelly Cohen (@politicohen_) • 12/20/16 12:43 PM

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is asking President-elect Donald Trump to give his state the authority to drug test certain food stamp recipients.

Walker, a Republican who ran for president against Trump, made other requests to the president-elect, which would allow more state authority over federal policies.

"Too often, states have become mere administrative provinces of an all-powerful federal government in Washington," Walker said in a statement announcing his letter to Trump. "Now is the time to reverse that trend. These requests are the first of many my administration will make as Wisconsin leads the effort to restore balance between state and federal government."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/walker-asks-trump-to-allow-wis.-to-drug-test-food-stamp-recipients/article/2610081
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Walker asks Trump to allow Wisconsin to drug test food stamp recipients
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:25:26 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 12:03:02 am »
Asks Trump to Allow it?  :silly:

Food stamps come from the feds but are doled out by the states as the states wish.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 12:04:43 am »
Oh no where will this all end?

The horror...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 12:17:07 am »
I thought I heard he also asked for States to have a say...as far as how many immigrant refugees they are forced to accept/absorb by the federal government.

Obama must be force feeding Wisconsin something fierce.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 12:27:18 am »
I thought I heard he also asked for States to have a say...as far as how many immigrant refugees they are forced to accept/absorb by the federal government.

Obama must be force feeding Wisconsin something fierce.

The Democrats have finally realized that they can win California by 8 million votes and they'll still end up with the same number of electorals. All they need to do now is convince a bunch of Somali and Cambodian immigrants that they're better off living in the snow in St Paul.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 12:39:33 am »
The Democrats have finally realized that they can win California by 8 million votes and they'll still end up with the same number of electorals. All they need to do now is convince a bunch of Somali and Cambodian immigrants that they're better off living in the snow in St Paul.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 09:34:55 pm »
The question is... if they pop positive, what are you going to do?

Withhold food?

Let the person starve?

Restrict food funds to only food items (which is already the standard in many states)?

What?

It's quite telling that Walker DOESN'T want to talk about that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 10:23:31 pm »

Before liberals, social justice warriors and psychobabble "professionals" got into the act, common sense folks knew that addicts/alcoholics needed to "hit bottom," before anything would change.

Preventing, prolonging that at taxpayer expense is a disservice to all concerned.

Addicts/alcoholics are already advertising on Craigslist for exchanges of cash for food.

They "sell" you $25-30 worth of food, for $20 cash. They have ALREADY decided they don't want/need the food. They want the cash for drugs/alcohol.

"Testum Dano."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »
Most people aren't using EBT to get high. They are using it to get fat.

Walker should be asking Trump to BMI-test recipients so that the obese get cut off until they starve themselves enough to lose some weight.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 11:07:18 pm »

Withhold food?

Let the person starve?

Restrict food funds to only food items (which is already the standard in many states)?

What?

Their problem, not mine.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 11:07:29 pm »
Most people aren't using EBT to get high. They are using it to get fat.

Walker should be asking Trump to BMI-test recipients so that the obese get cut off until they starve themselves enough to lose some weight.

Walker shouldn't be asking Trump anything. The president has virtually no say over what happens with food stamps.

Jenny Granholm didn't ask the president to allow her to put some 60,000 college students on food stamps and Rick Snyder didn't ask for permission to cut them off. Both did what they did with zero input from the president.

If anyone outside the states would get involved it would be the federal courts and that would make it an issue between the states and the courts.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »
Asks Trump to Allow it?  :silly:

Food stamps come from the feds but are doled out by the states as the states wish.

Exactly my thought. Food stamp eligibility requirements are determined by States, not the fed. Several States already do this and did not need the FedGov permission to do it.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 11:16:30 pm »
Their problem, not mine.

This is a perfect example of the "I've got mine, eff you!" attitude.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:53 pm »

Withhold food?

Let the person starve?

What?

It would be better to go back to the old direct food contribution programs. Right now, there is an entire underground industry around food stamps (and child care) where people are making a lot of money off these safety net programs. They accumulate and buy up premium products then resell them for the cash. When you hear stories of someone buying steak and lobster with them (and I see it almost every time I go to the store as the one I prefer borders on the poorer area of town), more often than not, they aren't eating all that themselves, they are turning around and reselling it, buying cheap food for the kids, and pocketing the profit.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 11:31:59 pm »

Withhold food?

Let the person starve?

What?

Let them spend their drug money on food if they want to eat?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 11:40:40 pm »
Exactly my thought. Food stamp eligibility requirements are determined by States, not the fed. Several States already do this and did not need the FedGov permission to do it.

My governor (Snyder) is a pretty liberal republican but he has actually handled Obama and the democrats quite well.

When Obama came running to stop Snyder from signing RTW into law Snyder said "I listened to his concerns and thanked him for his time" and then he went and signed the law.

When Snyder asked Obama for $250 million for infrastructure and customs on the American side of where the new Gordie Howe bridge is being built, Obama said he would only if Snyder would agree to give $100 million of it Detroit pension funds. Snyder said "Never mind" and now Canada is picking up that tab as well as paying the total cost of the bridge. (Not to mention hiring half American labor for the project) Canada will collectntolls for the next 50 or 60 years but a lot of revenue will be generated. After all, Detroit is the second busiest freight crossing on the continent after Laredo.

People talk about what a great businessman Donald Trump is but I think I'd rather have Rick Snyder negotiating for me.