Author Topic: Report: Obama Will Permanently Block Arctic Drilling Before Trump Takes Office  (Read 963 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Obama Will Permanently Block Arctic Drilling Before Trump Takes Office

Posted By Michael Bastasch On 9:08 AM 12/20/2016

The Obama administration will use a legal strategy crafted by environmental activists to remove sections of the Arctic and Atlantic oceans from future offshore drilling lease sales, according to two sources familiar with the plan told Bloomberg.

For months, environmentalists have been urging President Barack Obama to use Section 12(a) of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, a 1953 law governing offshore drilling, in a way it’s never been used before — to block offshore drilling leases in the Atlantic Ocean and the Chukchi and Beaufort seas.

Two people told Bloomberg’s Jennifer Dlouhy the decision could be announced as soon as Tuesday.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/20/sources-obama-will-permanently-block-arctic-drilling-before-trump-takes-office/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The comments are better than the article.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Supposedly there is a law, to allow rescinding last minute regulation changes.

With GOP Congress, I doubt there is much legally that Obama can do to permanently make regulatory changes, that can't be reversed post haste.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Nothing Obama does in the next few days will have any sticking power. But Obama will do whatever the far Left wants anyway for political purposes.

He knows that the media will write reports slamming Trump for overturning something Obama did in his last week in office as if these regulations have been in effect for several years.

"Trump rescinds Obama's Arctic drilling ban."

This way Obama gets points for something he did not really do, until the very last minute, and Trump seems like the big bully who does not care about "the environment".

None of this is real. It is all just political smoke and mirrors.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Supposedly there is a law, to allow rescinding last minute regulation changes.

With GOP Congress, I doubt there is much legally that Obama can do to permanently make regulatory changes, that can't be reversed post haste.

There is indeed:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,238058.msg1168640.html#msg1168640
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

The United States hasn't yet ratified the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, so we have no internationally recognized claims in the Arctic.

How can the President forbid Arctic drilling within territories we don't control?

geronl

Trump can undo what Obama does

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Only thing semi-permanent Obamalamadingdong could do at this point is appoint some wacko justice.

Democrats will soon have no power. Not at the federal level, not at the state level. Only Obama's legacy judges will have power.

Dems do have the filibuster still. We will see how that plays out.

Offline musiclady

The United States hasn't yet ratified the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, so we have no internationally recognized claims in the Arctic.

How can the President forbid Arctic drilling within territories we don't control?

He perceives himself as King of the Universe.  He thinks he can do anything he wants.

And his stupid followers are probably doing a happy dance because he's saying all these meaningless things.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That's what I was thinking. And furthermore, any areas that Obama 'bans' will be wide open for the Russians and others to move in. Obama can't ban anything in the Arctic on a global level. All he can do, maybe, is prevent American companies from drilling there.

The same scenario applies to air pollution regulations. They only apply to, and they only cripple, American companies. The rest of the world takes advantage of stupid hippy Liberal crap like this. Because they don't give one damn about the American Liberal agenda. They do whatever they want to do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

[quote author=Weird Tolkienish Figure link=topic=238567.msg1171905#msg1171905 Only Obama's legacy judges will have power.

Dems do have the filibuster still. We will see how that plays out.
[/quote]

If we get a Congress with gumption and enough votes, it can overcome runaway judges.  Tough but possible certainly,
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington