Author Topic: Andrea Bocelli 'will NOT be singing at Trump's inauguration' after fans threatened to boycott his music if he performed  (Read 4546 times)

rangerrebew

Andrea Bocelli 'will NOT be singing at Trump's inauguration' after fans threatened to boycott his music if he performed

The famous tenor was rumored to be playing Trump's inauguration after the president-elected approached him personally
    Reportedly, he backed away after a Boycott Bocelli movement started on social media
    So far, only child classical music prodigy Jackie Evancho has confirmed

By Kiri Blakeley For Dailymail.com

Published: 00:55 EST, 20 December 2016 | Updated: 03:35 EST, 20 December 2016

Andrea Bocelli will not be playing at president-elect Donald Trump's inauguration after suffering 'backlash.'

Page Six reported that the famous tenor had been approached by Trump personally to play at his inauguration.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4050632/Andrea-Bocelli-won-t-playing-Trump-inauguration-backlash.html#ixzz4TNsF7Iwc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline verga

I know that I have personally refused to listen to Kanye, Fifty cent, etc..... Of course I was boycotting their music long before they played for Obozo, because I have good taste in music.
When are these "celebrities" going to grow a pair and ignore the astroturfing, and tell these fake protesters to pound sand?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Frank Cannon

Bocelli obviously can't see how awesome Donny is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

So far, only child classical music prodigy Jackie Evancho has confirmed

@rangerrebew

Any of you who have never heard that "child" sing are going to be happily stunned once you hear her. I'm not sure "amazing" is a strong enough word to describe her voice.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline chae

She did a duet with Sarah Brightman that was incredible!

Offline Frank Cannon

She did a duet with Sarah Brightman that was incredible!

"She" is an old blind Italian dude.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:35:55 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"She" is an old blind Italian dude.

@Frank Cannon

I have no doubt that Bocelli and Brightman have done duets before. I think I have even heard and seen one myself.

BUT....,the "she" being referred to is name Jackie Evancho,a 16 year old girl from Philly that has one of most amazing voices anyone has ever heard. She was so good at age 10 that David Foster took her under his wing and even went on tour with her to play the piano and protect her.

If you know who David Foster is,you know he didn't tour with her because he needed the money or the audience time.

Here is a poor video of her singing a duet with Bocelli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAR4yikxvTY

And here she is on America's Got Talent as a 10  year old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3LRSqWAoc0
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

I will not watch the crowning of King Trump. 

Offline Applewood

@sneakypete :

Jackie Evancho is from the other side of the state.  And yes, she has the voice of an angel.

Offline Applewood

I will not watch the crowning of King Trump.

Me neither. I'm going to be sunning my fat fanny on a beach that week. 

Offline jpsb

@rangerrebew

Any of you who have never heard that "child" sing are going to be happily stunned once you hear her. I'm not sure "amazing" is a strong enough word to describe her voice.

@sneakypete

never herd of her so I googled, she is incredible, amazing voice, thx for the tip.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:45:56 pm by jpsb »

Offline SirLinksALot

Here another title that shows an even more disturbing reason why he backed out:

Opera star Andrea Bocelli backs out of singing at Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4120970/Opera-star-Andrea-Bocelli-backs-singing-Trump-s-inauguration-receiving-death-threats.html#ixzz4VrGMugbY

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm just curious, who do I get ahold of to get booked on something like this? I don't even like Donald Trump, but this is an opportunity I wouldn't turn down. And yes, I do sing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm curious, if thousands upon thousands of Trump loyalists now contacted Bocelli and threatened to boycott him, would he frozen in indecision or would he check with his accountant to determine what would impact his wallet the most?

Offline Suppressed

I'm curious, if thousands upon thousands of Trump loyalists now contacted Bocelli and threatened to boycott him, would he frozen in indecision or would he check with his accountant to determine what would impact his wallet the most?

It would be just like Trump loyalists to do something as classless as demand he face death threats for their pleasure.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It would be just like Trump loyalists to do something as classless as demand he face death threats for their pleasure.
Hmmm, read the article and didn't see anything in it about death threats, as far as liberals boycotting him, seems to me that Conservatives have no problem doing the same thing to people or businesses that they don't agree with. My point was that he changed his mind after the boycott threats according to the article, considering the animosity of the campaign and election he must have known what would happen when he first agreed.

Silver Pines

@GHawk

I don't know, but I'm getting sick of these "loyalists" (on both sides) who can't manage an independent thought for themselves and who can't deal with someone they like---Bocelli, in this case---doing something they disagree with.  The inevitable response is to tantrum, boycott, etc.  Then the response to that is indulging the hysterics.

Offline dfwgator

@GHawk

I don't know, but I'm getting sick of these "loyalists" (on both sides) who can't manage an independent thought for themselves and who can't deal with someone they like---Bocelli, in this case---doing something they disagree with.  The inevitable response is to tantrum, boycott, etc.  Then the response to that is indulging the hysterics.

Why does there even have to be entertainment in the first place?   Take the damn Oath and get to work!

Silver Pines

Why does there even have to be entertainment in the first place?   Take the damn Oath and get to work!

@dfwgator

That's a really good point.  Most of the inauguration news has been angst over who will or won't be performing.

Offline verga

I used to movies enjoy going to a Liam Neeson movies. He made some rude comments about guns etc....
I decided not to spend my money on movies he is in.
I am not taking out ads telling people not to go. I am not protesting his moves or picketing movie houses etc.
I am just not going.
People need to grow up and act like adults.
Unless someone is torturing small children of animals just don't go if you disagree with them, there i sno need to get their panites in a bunch.

�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

Agree. And it would deny the opportunity for the vindictive toddlers out there to stick their thumb in his eye.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:42:48 pm by skeeter »

Silver Pines

I used to movies enjoy going to a Liam Neeson movies. He made some rude comments about guns etc....
I am not taking out ads telling people not to go. I am not protesting his moves or picketing movie houses etc.
I am just not going.
Unless someone is torturing small children of animals just don't go if you disagree with them, there i sno need to get their panites in a bunch.

@verga

That's as it should be, IMO.  You make up your own mind and do as you see fit.  When someone starts making lists and tells me I ought to boycott so and so or stop watching whatever, it goes in one ear and out the other.

HonestJohn

I am just not going.

Dixie Chicks.

Target.

Just two examples.

Offline verga

@verga

That's as it should be, IMO.  You make up your own mind and do as you see fit.  When someone starts making lists and tells me I ought to boycott so and so or stop watching whatever, it goes in one ear and out the other.
@CatherineofAragon We need a "like" tab.

Offline verga

Dixie Chicks.

Target.

Just two examples.
@HonestJohn right now I am engaging in a buycott. The A$$holes were whining about Toby Keith performing at the Lincoln Memorial. I went and purchased on of his CD's. I am not telling anyone else to. Something I did on my own.