Author Topic: Stallone 'Flattered' at NEA Job, But Says No Thanks  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stallone 'Flattered' at NEA Job, But Says No Thanks
« on: December 19, 2016, 11:24:58 pm »

Newsmax
Stallone 'Flattered' at NEA Job, But Says No Thanks
Monday, December 19, 2016 05:40 PM

By: Greg Richter

Actor Sylvester Stallone says he is "flattered" President-elect Donald Trump would consider him to head up the National Endowment for the Arts, but said he will be more effective continuing his work to help veterans.

"I am incredibly flattered to have been suggested to be involved with the National Endowment of the Arts," the star of the "Rocky" series and multiple action films said in a statement to People magazine. "However I believe I could be more effective by bringing national attention to returning military personnel in an effort to find gainful employment, suitable housing and financial assistance these heroes respectfully deserve."

Stallone is also known for the "Rambo" movies in which he plays a troubled Vietnam War veteran. He has donated to multiple charities to help returning veterans, and has sold his movie props and memorabilia as part of that effort.

It was reported last week the 70-year-old Stallone had been approached by Trump to head up the NEA, an independent federal agency that funds artists in their work.

Stallone has said he is not a Republican, though he did support Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., for president in 2008.

"I love Donald Trump," Stallone told Variety in January. "He's a great Dickensian character. You know what I mean? There are certain people like Arnold (Schwarzenegger), Babe Ruth, that are bigger than life. But I don't know how that translates . . . to running the world."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/transition-Cabinet-Sylvester-Stallone-NEA/2016/12/19/id/764731/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Stallone 'Flattered' at NEA Job, But Says No Thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:27:52 pm »
I didn't think this would fly now... :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LMAO

Re: Stallone 'Flattered' at NEA Job, But Says No Thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 01:55:06 am »
I'd rather we eliminate the NEA
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy