Author Topic: Michelle Obama to Melania Trump: My door is open  (Read 1700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michelle Obama to Melania Trump: My door is open
« on: December 19, 2016, 04:29:17 pm »

By Madeline Conway

12/19/16 10:13 AM EST

First Lady Michelle Obama said she and her team plan to do “whatever” Melania Trump needs to help her succeed in the White House.

“My offer to Melania was, ‘You really don’t know what you don't know until you’re here, so the door’s open,’ as I’ve told her and as Laura Bush told me,” Obama told Oprah Winfrey in an interview set to air on CBS on Monday evening, describing her post-election meeting with the incoming first lady.

“My door is open,” she repeated later. “That was really the nature of the meeting.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michelle-obama-melania-trump-232811
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Michelle Obama to Melania Trump: My door is open
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 04:33:50 pm »
Whatever.   :whocares:, Mooch.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:34:09 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 04:40:54 pm »
So Michelle will teach Melania how to get the taxpayers to pay for her trips and any relatives Melania wants to put in the White House payroll. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 01:23:25 am »
Don't do it!  It's like that commercial with the guy in the mask and all the chainsaws dangling in the breeze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs5FWIUqu20
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:13:23 pm by Sanguine »

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 02:09:31 pm »
As much as I can't stand the woman, I can't fault her for this simple, decent offer.

I still feel sorry for Melania Trump.  From what I've read, she didn't want to be in her  current position, and I don't blame her.  I imagine she was hoping Trump would lose.  I would have been, if I were her.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »

Michelle's door is open because the moving men are taking her cheap belongings over to their new rental.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
As much as I can't stand the woman, I can't fault her for this simple, decent offer.

The problem is that offer, which seems decent on its face, comes with her telling the country that the Trumps mean hope is dead.  That's like saying to someone "None of us like you.  You're a loser, you smell, and you embarrass us.  But you can come to the party if you want to."

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 02:54:08 pm »

Michelle's door is open because the moving men are taking her cheap belongings over to their new rental.

After 8 years of plundering the treasury, I doubt Michelle's belongings are cheap.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 02:57:06 pm »
After 8 years of plundering the treasury, I doubt Michelle's belongings are cheap.

They're trashy people. I imagine their stuff looks like the set of Black Dynamite.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 03:35:23 pm »
They're trashy people. I imagine their stuff looks like the set of Black Dynamite.

LOL.  Ok, I get ya.  "Cheap" as in "tacky." 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 03:50:19 pm »
The problem is that offer, which seems decent on its face, comes with her telling the country that the Trumps mean hope is dead.  That's like saying to someone "None of us like you.  You're a loser, you smell, and you embarrass us.  But you can come to the party if you want to."

Besides that, it ain't her door anymore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 04:49:39 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

I wasn't commenting on her political opinion of the situation.  The subject of my post was the offer she made to Melania, which is the traditional one made by outgoing First Ladies to those coming in.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 04:50:55 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I wasn't commenting on her political opinion of the situation.  The subject of my post was the offer she made to Melania, which is the traditional one made by outgoing First Ladies to those coming in.

I know, and it was nice of her to say that.  I was just pointing out that her husband's rather unusual efforts to sabotage the incoming President makes it seem somewhat forced -- even if it isn't.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 05:10:51 pm »

By Madeline Conway

12/19/16 10:13 AM EST

First Lady Michelle Obama said she and her team plan to do “whatever” Melania Trump needs to help her succeed in the White House.

“My offer to Melania was, ‘You really don’t know what you don't know until you’re here, so the door’s open,’ as I’ve told her and as Laura Bush told me,” Obama told Oprah Winfrey in an interview set to air on CBS on Monday evening, describing her post-election meeting with the incoming first lady.

“My door is open,” she repeated later. “That was really the nature of the meeting.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michelle-obama-melania-trump-232811

Which door? I understand that there will be seven.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 11:44:51 pm »

I still feel sorry for Melania Trump.  From what I've read, she didn't want to be in her  current position, and I don't blame her.  I imagine she was hoping Trump would lose.  I would have been, if I were her.

You're a sweetie but I think the comment was patronizing.  It implied that Michelle would be behind some important door.  She won't.

It implied that Melania would need or welcome her counsel.  She won't.

It kind of made her seem like a nice lady.  She ain't.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 01:06:26 am »
You're a sweetie but I think the comment was patronizing.  It implied that Michelle would be behind some important door.  She won't.

It implied that Melania would need or welcome her counsel.  She won't.

It kind of made her seem like a nice lady.  She ain't.

@Emjay

Oh, I wasn't being sweet and I know exactly what Michelle Obama is, of course.  I just don't see the point of going kneejerk over a simple offer to help Melania if she needs it.  I'm sure every incoming First Lady can do with being shown the ropes, Mrs. Trump included. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 01:33:39 am »
@Emjay

Oh, I wasn't being sweet and I know exactly what Michelle Obama is, of course.  I just don't see the point of going kneejerk over a simple offer to help Melania if she needs it.  I'm sure every incoming First Lady can do with being shown the ropes, Mrs. Trump included.

The problem is that Melania isn't even going to live there.

Michelle should have offered her comments to Ivanka.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 02:26:55 am »
The problem is that Melania isn't even going to live there.

Michelle should have offered her comments to Ivanka.

@musiclady

That is a point.  Earlier today I was thinking how bizarre that is.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 02:51:52 pm »
@musiclady

That is a point.  Earlier today I was thinking how bizarre that is.

I tell ya, @CatherineofAragon , we're living in the Twilight Zone.  Imagine having Gene Rayburn or Richard Dawson as President.  Everything's weird..........  :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 11:27:28 pm »
I tell ya, @CatherineofAragon , we're living in the Twilight Zone.  Imagine having Gene Rayburn or Richard Dawson as President.  Everything's weird..........  :shrug:

@musiclady

Lol, oh Lord.  Well, it's only the beginning.  Get ready for Kanye in 2020!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 10:27:26 pm »
@musiclady

Lol, oh Lord.  Well, it's only the beginning.  Get ready for Kanye in 2020!

All he has to do @CatherineofAragon is have big rallies and say the words enough people want to hear (whether he means them or not) and he'll get himself elected.  He'll be at least as qualified as the guy who won in November.