Author Topic: Trump picks businessman Viola as Army secretary  (Read 602 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump picks businessman Viola as Army secretary
« on: December 19, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »

Trump picks businessman Viola as Army secretary

By Jeremy Herb

12/19/16 10:37 AM EST

President-elect Donald Trump has selected billionaire businessman Vincent Viola as the next Army secretary.

A retired Army major and West Point graduate, Viola founded Virtu Financial, an electronic trading firm, in 2008. It went public in 2015 and is valued at $2.4 billion, according to Bloomberg.

Trump’s transition team played up Viola’s business background in announcing his selection Monday, saying his “business experience makes him well positioned to help guide a Fortune 10-sized company, the U.S. Army, to accomplish its broad mission in the most innovative and efficient way possible.”

more
http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/vincent-viola-army-secretary-trump-232809
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump picks businessman Viola as Army secretary
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 04:32:13 pm »
I really like this pick as a complement to Mattis as SecDef.  Bring in some high-achieving executives from the private sector to reform the "business" side of things, and have a true military man to keep his eye on the ultimate purpose of the military.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:02:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »
I like this pick as a complement to SecDef.

Would prefer to see a token ROTC grad vs. Academy grads. Trump is partial to ring-knockers, I suppose.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »
Would prefer to see a token ROTC grad vs. Academy grads. Trump is partial to ring-knockers, I suppose.

Mattis is a mustang who didn't go to an Academy.  Same with Kelly, for that matter.  In any case, I know that Mattis is not partial to ring-knockers.  If you look at his "leadership tree", most of the officers he brought along aren't ring-knockers either, though admittedly that dynamic is different in the Marine Corps than in the Navy or Army.  I was the only ring-knocker in the office when I worked with then-Major Kelly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:08:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »
As long as he doesn't try to run the Army off of some Wall Street business model I'll gladly welcome  him in and wave buh-bye to Mr. Fanning and his husband.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:18:44 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 05:39:56 pm »
As long as he doesn't try to run the Army off of some Wall Street business model I'll gladly welcome  him in and wave buh-bye to Mr. Fanning and his husband.

My thinking is that he'd run the business-end of Army business like a business.  Procurement, staffing, etc., reorganized and run more efficiently.  Development takes a ridiculously long time that would never be tolerated in the civilian world.  My thought/hope is that the more martial aspects are going to be governed/directed/influenced by SecDef.