Author Topic: McCain doubles down on calls for select committee to investigate Russia's involvement in election  (Read 650 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain doubles down on calls for select committee to investigate Russia's involvement in election
By Jessie Hellmann - 12/18/16 09:25 AM EST

Sen. John McCain on Sunday doubled down on his call for a select committee to investigate Russia's role in the presidential election while dismissing comments from Donald Trump about the matter.

"We need to get to the bottom of this. We need to find out what was done," the Arizona Republican said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"There's no doubt they were interfering, and no doubt there was a cyber attack."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/310924-mccain-calls-for-select-committee-to-investigate-russias-involvement-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If McCain already knows, what's there to investigate?

Offline Lando Lincoln

The Hillary Corollary:

"What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Good, its about time McCain did something useful.

The fact is that all of our intel agencies do agree that Russia was meddling in our election but they don't agree on methods or goals.

There is no good reason anyone should oppose getting to the bottom of this unless they have something to hide.

For now, return to your hate of American intel.

American intel is bad
Vlad is good
Trust Vlad
American intel is bad
Vlad is good
Trust Vlad
American intel is bad
Vlad is good
Trust Vlad

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"There's no doubt they were interfering, and no doubt there was a cyber attack."

Offline Lando Lincoln

Good, its about time McCain did something useful.

The fact is that all of our intel agencies do agree that Russia was meddling in our election but they don't agree on methods or goals.

There is no good reason anyone should oppose getting to the bottom of this unless they have something to hide.

I agree we should understand the full scope of this matter.  I suspect we are, actually.  McCain's call is a general one that too many of us distort to our own agenda. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I agree we should understand the full scope of this matter.  I suspect we are, actually.  McCain's call is a general one that too many of us distort to our own agenda.

ANY manipulation of our elections must be understood and crushed.

Personally I don't think hacking is the real issue here and it wasn't so much about Clinton vs Trump. I think the real issue was propaganda and many of us complained long and loudly about Russian trolls during the primaries. They make up the vast bulk of the Alt Right we see online.