Author Topic: Ivanka is the wild card of the Trump presidency  (Read 861 times)

Offline corbe

Ivanka is the wild card of the Trump presidency
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:46:30 pm »
Ivanka is the wild card of the Trump presidency
By Maureen Callahan

December 17, 2016 | 12:55pm

It only makes sense that such an unprecedented president-elect should have an unprecedented First Daughter. And to Donald Trump, Ivanka has long been first among equals.

Of his five children, she is peerless. During a family interview with Barbara Walters last year, Eric, Donald Jr. and Tiffany Trump all said Ivanka, 35, is their father’s favorite. When asked, years ago, how he ranked Ivanka and his other daughter Tiffany, Trump said there was no contest.

“Come on!” he said. “Daddy’s little girl!”

While the media has, as it should, assiduously reported on every official Cabinet appointment made by President-elect Trump, they have yet to vet the next administration’s most significant, powerful player: Ivanka. She’s not the first woman to sub for a first lady — most notably, Teddy Roosevelt’s daughter Alice did — but none had the influence Ivanka likely will.

Forget adviser: Ivanka, now moving her family to DC, may be co-president.

“The only phone call Donald would always take,” a Trump insider told Politico last July, “was Ivanka.”

Last week, Trump’s team floated Ivanka as inhabitant of the First Lady’s office in the East Wing. Ivanka also began personally lobbying Congress on child-care legislation.

Even if Trump’s wife, Melania, hadn’t announced that she’d be staying behind in New York City to see their 10-year-old son, Barron, through the end of the school year, the campaign itself proved that Ivanka’s opinions and advice, her branding and image, were prized most highly by Donald.
Modal TriggerFrom left: Melania Trump, Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr.Getty Images
It was she, not Melania, who introduced the candidate at the Republican National Convention. In her speech, Ivanka sanded down the image of her father as a grotesquerie who rates women on a scale of 1 to 10, who has traded in wife after wife for younger, hotter models, who once boasted that Ivanka herself was so hot that, if not for biology, he’d be dating her.

“At my father’s company, there are more female than male executives,” Ivanka said. “Women are paid equally for the work that we do and when a woman becomes a mother, she is supported, not shut out.”

She spoke of the wage gap, of the difficulty working mothers have in getting the raises and promotions working fathers do, of the need for affordable child care. Her sleight of hand was a microcosm of the campaign’s: Here was the 35-year-old daughter of a billionaire, wife of a multimillionaire developer, glossy and groomed and convincing a huge swath of the electorate that she understood their struggles.

Yet what does Ivanka Trump really believe? In the course of a normal campaign, a candidate’s spouse comes in for public examination. They make speeches, give interviews, do the ritual “60 Minutes” appearances — because, as the unspoken truth goes, no one has more proximity to a sitting president, let alone power, than the First Spouse.

We get to know, to an extent, who this person is. We have yet to get answers from Ivanka.

Maybe we don’t want them yet. At this moment, she’s not just an enigma — she’s a national Rorschach test.

For those terrified of a Trump presidency, there is some solace in Ivanka, the urban sophisticate who will surely keep her father on the rails. For Trump supporters, she’s an aspirational avatar, proof that they’re not the knuckle-dragging hicks the media claims.

<..snip..>

http://nypost.com/2016/12/17/ivanka-is-the-wild-card-of-the-trump-presidency/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Ivanka is the wild card of the Trump presidency
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 10:50:40 pm »
   Look on the bright side, His favorite could have been his 'real' baby girl.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:53:45 pm »
Incest and Peppermints

Little to win, but nothin' to lose.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 11:12:59 pm »
   Remember when you told your wife you were late cause you stayed over at the tittie bar, yea, me neither.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 02:13:06 pm »
I'm hoping that his Budget Director has more influence on him than his daughter
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 02:15:42 pm »
   Look on the bright side, His favorite could have been his 'real' baby girl.
"Real"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org