Author Topic: Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers: I was never offered the Interior job  (Read 864 times)

Offline corbe

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers: I was never offered the Interior job

FRIDAY, DEC. 16, 2016, 6:03 P.M.

<..snip..>

A Wall Street Journal report on Friday quoted unnamed “people familiar with the pick” as saying Donald Trump Jr. influenced his father’s choice of interior secretary because Zinke and the younger Trump are avid hunters, and sportsmen’s groups preferred the Montana congressman over McMorris Rodgers. There were also concerns, the newspaper’s sources said, of her support for a 2011 bill that called for selling off surplus federal lands in 10 Western states.

Zinke and McMorris Rodgers both met with Trump on Monday, and Journal sources also said the president-elect asked the congresswoman to address some of her past criticisms of him.

In her meeting with Trump and his son, “Mr. Trump cited a ‘long list’ of things the congresswoman had criticized him for and asked her to address them, according to multiple people familiar with the meeting,” the Journal reported. “Ms. McMorris Rodgers didn’t walk back her comments.”

McMorris Rodgers was not an early supporter of Trump; she did vote for him in the state’s presidential primary, after he was all but assured of the nomination, but said she wasn’t enthusiastic about it. After a tape of Trump making lewd comments about women surfaced in the fall, she condemned the remarks but said she still supported his candidacy.

“I made it clear that I supported him throughout the campaign and that I continue to support him,” she said Friday. “When candidate Donald Trump said things that I didn’t necessarily agree with, I would call him on it.”

That will continue, she said. Asked if Trump agreed with that, she replied: “I’m not sure I can speculate on that.”

<.snip..>

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/16/rep-cathy-mcmorris-rodgers-i-was-never-offered-the/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers: I was never offered the Interior job
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 09:45:42 pm »
In her meeting with Trump and his son, “Mr. Trump cited a ‘long list’ of things the congresswoman had criticized him for and asked her to address them, according to multiple people familiar with the meeting,” the Journal reported. “Ms. McMorris Rodgers didn’t walk back her comments.”

I hope she informed Jr that he didn't receive a single vote and told Sr to GFY.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 09:54:42 pm »
I hope she informed Jr that he didn't receive a single vote and told Sr to GFY.

This Woman, unlike Haley, didn't Grovel enough, she became a Bridge to Far for even Trump. 
   Ya gotta admit he has a lot of women in his Cabinet, Good or Bad.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »
Capitulate and kiss the ring.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 10:10:36 pm »

This Woman, unlike Haley, didn't Grovel enough, she became a Bridge to Far for even Trump. 
   Ya gotta admit he has a lot of women in his Cabinet, Good or Bad.

When I was a supervisor my standard speech to new hires included "I don't want any butt kissers. If you see me screwing up I want you to say so. I may snap at you in the heat of the moment but you're not going to get fired and chances are I'll come around and thank you before the end of your shift".

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 10:13:58 pm »
When I was a supervisor my standard speech to new hires included "I don't want any butt kissers. If you see me screwing up I want you to say so. I may snap at you in the heat of the moment but you're not going to get fired and chances are I'll come around and thank you before the end of your shift".

Trump could learn some things from you...but I doubt he would want to.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 10:31:17 pm »
Trump could learn some things from you...but I doubt he would want to.

Simple quality control. I needed a paint room where everybody was checking everybody else's work and nobody was getting bent out of shape over it.