Author Topic: The 5 Biggest Liberal Freak-Outs Over Trump’s Election ....John Hawkins  (Read 491 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The 5 Biggest Liberal Freak-Outs Over Trump’s Election
John Hawkins
12/16/2016 9:01:00 PM - John Hawkins

If conservatives made it through eight years of Obama, liberals can make it through eight years of Trump. Of course, as a general rule, conservatives aren’t snowflakes who whine about being triggered and desperately need safe spaces to cope with the fact that there are people who disagree with them. Liberals tend to be a bit more fragile. So when something upsets their little world, things can go sideways quickly, which makes for amusing reading for the rest of us.

1) Trump’s Election Stole My Desire To Look For A Partner: “Once it was clear that Donald Trump would be president instead of Hillary Clinton, I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to gather my children in bed with me and cling to them like we would if thunder and lightning were raging outside, with winds high enough that the power might go out. The world felt that precarious to me.

...That urge to cling to my family while keeping our foundation strong didn’t mesh well with continuing to date the man I’d been seeing. He also has a daughter. He, too, had been feeling a lot of the same emotions I was experiencing: hopelessness; fear; uncertainty about the future; panic over having to talk to my 9-year-old about anything that might come up at school, or what to do in the instance of sexual assault. But I couldn’t reach out to him anymore. He was too new, too unfamiliar.

My focus had to be on my community of friends that are my family. I need to fiercely love the people close to me instead of learning to love someone new. To reach out to others could weaken the bonds that hold my family together.

‘I can’t,’ I told him. ‘I just can’t.’

I’ve lost the desire to attempt the courtship phase. The future is uncertain. I am not the optimistic person I was on the morning of Nov. 8, wearing a T-shirt with ‘Nasty Woman’ written inside a red heart. It makes me want to cry thinking of that.

more
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2016/12/16/the-5-biggest-liberal-freakouts-over-trumps-election-n2260751
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34