Author Topic: Cheney emerges as surprise Trump surrogate  (Read 543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney emerges as surprise Trump surrogate
« on: December 16, 2016, 08:52:19 pm »

Cheney emerges as surprise Trump surrogate

The president-elect trashed his foreign policy during the campaign, but they've found common cause in Rex Tillerson.

By Eliana Johnson

12/16/16 01:44 PM EST

During the campaign, Donald Trump trashed the hawkish foreign policy of the second Bush White House. But now, he and his team are relying on the man most closely identified with that regime — Dick Cheney — to help ensure that Rex Tillerson is confirmed next year as Trump's secretary of state.

As Republicans have voiced reservations about Tillerson’s relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Cheney — himself a former oil executive, a longtime Tillerson friend, and perhaps the country’s most famous foreign policy hawk — is serving as a bridge between the Trump team and skeptical Republican senators.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/dick-cheney-trump-surrogate-232746
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Cheney emerges as surprise Trump surrogate
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 08:57:20 pm »
Cueing Pete Townsend.......

Meet the New Swamp......   Same as the Old Swamp!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of pumps to drain it, Trump has busted the dam to refill it.  Bet Rumsfeld is in the bullpen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:00:13 pm »
I love both Cheney and Rumfeld.  At least there are some serious adults helping the Donald out. :patriot:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »
I love both Cheney and Rumfeld.  At least there are some serious adults helping the Donald out. :patriot:

Hey I was a huge W, Cheney, etc. supporter in the past.  IMO....   this is not what we need right now, and not what Trump promised.

We need Outsiders
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:06:04 pm »
I specifically remember Trump just brutalizing Jeb over the Iraq war in one of the debates.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 09:18:11 pm »

Cheney was never all that conservative

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 09:27:22 pm »
LOLOL.........it's all about oil.
Which is fine with me but let's not delude ourselves.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 09:33:24 pm »
My Gawd, I'd love see see the evening news if Cheney got a cabinet position. I'd love to see him at the UN, that would be a good alternate post. Say what you like about Bush, I liked Cheney. The conservative so compassionate he needed two hearts.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline beandog

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 09:39:03 pm »
Hey I was a huge W, Cheney, etc. supporter in the past.  IMO....   this is not what we need right now, and not what Trump promised.

We need Outsiders
I don't think there is anyone out there who is an "outsider".  I don't think either of them are going to have all that much to do with the new administration.  It certainly doesn't hurt to have them giving advice. 

Offline beandog

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 09:40:49 pm »
My Gawd, I'd love see see the evening news if Cheney got a cabinet position. I'd love to see him at the UN, that would be a good alternate post. Say what you like about Bush, I liked Cheney. The conservative so compassionate he needed two hearts.

I'd love to see Cheney at the UN but I doubt his wife would let him take the position ^-^  He's given enough for his country.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:46:16 pm »
 ^-^

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour