Author Topic: Donald Trump Supports Immigration Amnesty—for Now  (Read 502 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump Supports Immigration Amnesty—for Now
« on: December 16, 2016, 07:54:21 pm »
Donald Trump is now for amnesty—maybe, sort of, at least for a little bit.

In his interview with Time magazine for his Person of the Year award, the mogul discussed the plight of undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children who have otherwise followed the law and pursued jobs and education......

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/07/donald-trump-supports-immigration-amnesty-for-now.html

geronl

Re: Donald Trump Supports Immigration Amnesty—for Now
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:59:45 pm »
 :thud:

:tongue2:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:00:47 pm »
I couldn't read the article at the link because, like most other news sources, they are now demanding money. 

The Dallas Morning News let me in for a special month at 99 Cents which I only did because of the Cowboys.  It amazes me how easily I do without a paper now after taking one for more years than I care to count.  I think I miss going out to get the paper more than I miss the paper.

Anyway, I gather that Trump's original views on immigration have shifted... maybe more than shifted; maybe made a u-turn.

His original worshippers have a lot to try and swallow right now... the indigestion may turn into ulcers.  First, Goldman Sachs ... the source of all evil in the universe only a few weeks ago ... are now the good guys.  Gulp, gulp.

And now the illegal immigrants are okay if they do something or another.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:06:06 pm »
I couldn't read the article at the link because, like most other news sources, they are now demanding money. 

The Dallas Morning News let me in for a special month at 99 Cents which I only did because of the Cowboys.  It amazes me how easily I do without a paper now after taking one for more years than I care to count.  I think I miss going out to get the paper more than I miss the paper.

Anyway, I gather that Trump's original views on immigration have shifted... maybe more than shifted; maybe made a u-turn.

His original worshippers have a lot to try and swallow right now... the indigestion may turn into ulcers.  First, Goldman Sachs ... the source of all evil in the universe only a few weeks ago ... are now the good guys.  Gulp, gulp.

And now the illegal immigrants are okay if they do something or another.

Basically yep. From his Time Person of the Year interview, he is now going soft on immigration, supporting Dreamer Amnesty like Obama's proposal, saying we can moderate.