Author Topic: Article: ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’ is a ‘Parable of Gay Acceptance’  (Read 1407 times)

rangerrebew

Article: ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’ is a ‘Parable of Gay Acceptance’

Writing at the website Vulture.com [1] – a sister site of New York magazine’s nymag.com – Brian Moyland argues that the Christmas classic “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer [2]” is “the parable of gay acceptance that many of us always wanted and some of us didn’t know we already had.”

Moyland argues that “Rudolph is totally, absolutely, 100 percent, Neil-Patrick-Harris-French-kissing-Ricky-Martin gay. Anyone who even knows what Queer Theory is can tell you that the subtext of the narrative seems to be a pre-Stonewall contemplation of the power of coming out and embracing sexual minorities into society at large.”

He goes on:

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/article-rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer-parable-gay-acceptance

rangerrebew

So if muslims are sent about 4 billion copies of Rudolph, they'll throw open their arms and accept gays rather than throw them off buildings.  :facepalm2:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ah, queer theory, the study of finding gay in EVERYTHING. Isn't it grand that our universities actually offer degrees in this?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

No it is not and this kind of revisionist history makes these people look insane

Offline Frank Cannon

Just because some idiot on an unknown website, a sister site to another unknown website, says something incredibly stupid are we all now supposed to spin off the rails with outrage?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
IIRC, Rudolph was in love with the very cute and quite feminine female reindeer Clarice and she with him. Nothing “gay” about Rudolph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SDYM0tNcHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQvbJ-spKuU

Hermey the Elf who wants to be a dentist, on the other hand….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjW-ajAUFpw

Well maybe not “gay” but he was obviously a victim of work place harassment. /s
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I love Rudolph with Clarice!

We would watch that in college wearing reindeer antlers headbands. When he said "She thinks I'm cute", everyone cheered.

The girls in my dorm were silly.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
And here I thought Rudolph got the red nose because he couldn't stay off the sauce . . . ;)

(Actually, that original CBS Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer has been a personal favourite
of mine since it first aired in 1964. And to this day Clarice singing "There's Always Tomorrow"
puts tears in my eyes.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:58:37 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Just asked the four year old (I'm on babysitting duty as you won't get me into the shops this time of year at gunpoint) Her reply:

Da, silly. Rudolf means different is not bad so don't pick on them.

She's a smart kid. Takes after our lass.

The subtlety is quite impressive. Don't pick on them. It doesn't mean accept them or agree with them in her worldview, but simply don't be mean to them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:40:27 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goatprairie

Who knew? I'll bet Johnny Marx would have been stunned to discover he had written a "gay parable" when he wrote the song in 1949. Marx wrote a number of popular Christmas songs as well as RTRNR like "A Holly Jolly Christmas" "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and many others.
I guess we'll have to check all those songs for hidden homosexual meanings too. Who knows.....maybe holly, and jolly have a hidden subtext.  22222frying pan

Offline goatprairie

No it is not and this kind of revisionist history makes these people look insane
I liked them better when most of them were in the closet. Fifty years ago everybody knew Liberace, Truman Capote, Paul Lynde,  most male fashion designers,  male figure skaters,  and most film critics were homosexuals. Nobody really cared much.
But in the last thirty or so years they've decided to inflict themselves and their weird sexual obsessions on America, and they must be countered.  Like all liberals they eventually become fascists if given too much power.