Author Topic: Tillerson retires as Exxon CEO as he prepares to head State Dept.  (Read 292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Tillerson retires as Exxon CEO as he prepares to head State Dept.

By Nolan D. McCaskill

12/14/16 03:53 PM EST

President-elect Donald Trump’s secretary of state nominee has retired from his post from ExxonMobil, effective at the end of the year.

Rex Tillerson — whom Trump tapped Tuesday to head the State Department, concluding a public, weeks-long, reality TV-style search — announced his intent to retire Wednesday.

Tillerson’s imminent retirement as chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil culminates the end of a 41-year career there that began as a production engineer in 1975. But it also comes as he begins his transition to undergo Senate hearings before the upper chamber of Congress votes on whether to confirm him as the next secretary of state.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/rex-tillerson-resigns-exxon-ceo-secretary-of-state-232650
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Tillerson retires as Exxon CEO as he prepares to head State Dept.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:12:08 am »
I'm not going to be dejected if he's not confirmed by the Senate. I would like to see a SoS who has a moral foundation built on Judeo-Christian values. If he is confirmed I'm sure he will know how to run the dept. and won't sell the office.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home