Author Topic: Twitter cut out of Trump tech meeting over failed emoji deal  (Read 1768 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Twitter cut out of Trump tech meeting over failed emoji deal
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:03:20 pm »
Not from The Onion.

Twitter was told it was "bounced" from Wednesday's meeting between tech executives and President-elect Donald Trump in retribution for refusing during the campaign to allow an emoji version of the hashtag #CrookedHillary, according to a source close to the situation. ....

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/donald-trump-twitter-emoji-crooked-hillary-232647

Silver Pines

Re: Twitter cut out of Trump tech meeting over failed emoji deal
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »
TOS is chortling over this, hoping that the company shuts down and its 3900 employees are put out of work.  "It's not nice to not play nice with the boss"----also known as the petulant child.

But oh, no, it isn't a cult.  Not at all.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:11:29 pm »
OMG

what a circus

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 10:20:53 pm »

"according to a source close to the situation"

First of all, it is politico, which is the king of 'fake news', especially against Trump. Second, they claim to have one anonymous source?

I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't believe it. Anyone can believe whatever they want to. But, I'm am not buying into this drivel. It's just another un-named source Trump hit piece. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 10:22:49 pm »
Trump is not sane

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:29:21 pm »
TOS is chortling over this, hoping that the company shuts down and its 3900 employees are put out of work.  "It's not nice to not play nice with the boss"----also known as the petulant child.

I don't know who it was but I see a Trumpette on CNN was suggesting that #NeverTrumpers be prevented from having jobs that could instead go to Trumpers in good standing.

Fascist filth

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 10:30:28 pm »

First of all, it is politico, which is the king of 'fake news', especially against Trump. Second, they claim to have one anonymous source?

I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't believe it. Anyone can believe whatever they want to. But, I'm am not buying into this drivel. It's just another un-named source Trump hit piece. IMO

Not 'un-named'. It was Gary Coby, director of digital advertising and fundraising for the Trump campaign.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 10:31:53 pm »
The source - https://www.linkedin.com/in/garycoby
Advertising director for the RNC. Works for Trump.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »
Not 'un-named'. It was Gary Coby, director of digital advertising and fundraising for the Trump campaign.

That is not the way I read the article. Coby led the issue with twitter last month. I did not get that he was the one who leaked this to Politico. All it says is, 'according to a source'.

Why would Coby leak this? And why would he not be specifically named if he did?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:00:32 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 11:25:09 pm »
I don't know who it was but I see a Trumpette on CNN was suggesting that #NeverTrumpers be prevented from having jobs that could instead go to Trumpers in good standing.

Fascist filth

@Cripplecreek

Trumpism corrupts.  I forget who said it, but it's true.

His hardcore supporters love that kind of thing.  Absolutely thrill to it. 

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 11:35:17 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Trumpism corrupts.  I forget who said it, but it's true.

His hardcore supporters love that kind of thing.  Absolutely thrill to it.

There is certainly a love of brutality in some of them. I think its what drives their love of Putin.

After all when asked about the accusation of Putin killing Journalists Trump said "At least he's a leader"

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-joe-scarborough-2015-12

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 11:36:56 pm »

Fascist filth

With that I must agree with you. Especially because we all know that if the #NeverTrump movement had won, they would immediately hire all the Trumpanzees they could find.

#NeverTrumpers are so much more enlightened, loving, tolerant, and forgiving than the stupid, idiot, fascistic, f**king Trumpturds are.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 12:17:52 am »

Are they oblivious to the fact that this is a terrible abuse of power and he hasn't even taken office yet? Trumps negative tweets about a couple of corporations have cost them $$$. I suppose TOS thinks this is funny as well? Yep, all fun and games until you are the one on the receiving end of the threats, intimidation and bullying.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 05:40:52 pm »
There is certainly a love of brutality in some of them. I think its what drives their love of Putin.

After all when asked about the accusation of Putin killing Journalists Trump said "At least he's a leader"

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-joe-scarborough-2015-12

@Cripplecreek

Wow.  I didn't know about this one. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 05:44:29 pm »
Are they oblivious to the fact that this is a terrible abuse of power and he hasn't even taken office yet? Trumps negative tweets about a couple of corporations have cost them $$$. I suppose TOS thinks this is funny as well? Yep, all fun and games until you are the one on the receiving end of the threats, intimidation and bullying.

@ConservativeGranny

Exactly..."he might be a dictator but at least he's ours".  That kind of thing.  They don't understand that Trump's priority is Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 06:01:51 pm »

That was the first thing I noticed in the story.  The second thing was they had a named source, Gary Coby, who says Trump paid Twitter for "custom solutions."  Sounds to me like Twitter did not want to provide what they were paid for.

This is what I hate about the leftist media:  I don't like Trump even a little bit, but I've known for months that I would be forced to defend him because of unfair media.  This is but one example.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 06:14:27 pm »
We also have Trump's own Twitter account that shows the tweets he has posted about a couple of corporations now and there have been financial consequences. There are plenty of examples of Trump's behavior that cannot be disputed. Therefore I tend to believe this story because it reinforces the facts of Trump's own behavior and postings.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 07:04:24 pm »
As an employee of a tech giant, perhaps you will believe me when I say that most of those in the tech industry don't consider Twitter a tech giant. It's really not a very impressive company, nor a very impressive product. Yes, they've achieved high scale, but that's not all that unique these days, and they've done that with an extremely limited feature set tha has not grown, at all really.

Hear here!  When I think of a "Tech Giant", I think of a multi-billion dollar company heavy with capital equipment, like Intel or Qualcomm (soon to be much larger) or Amazon.  To me, companies like Twitter and Facebook are just miniature dot com bubbles waiting to pop. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

HonestJohn

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »

Well, the quoted post is very much a false claim.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:15:52 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 08:19:45 pm »
As an employee of a tech giant, perhaps you will believe me when I say that most of those in the tech industry don't consider Twitter a tech giant. It's really not a very impressive company, nor a very impressive product. Yes, they've achieved high scale, but that's not all that unique these days, and they've done that with an extremely limited feature set tha has not grown, at all really.

My view is that Trump uses Twitter heavily.  It's not wise to tick off those that control your most heavily used means of communication with your fan base.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 10:27:44 pm »

I believe you but that is not the point. It doesn't matter if it is a giant like Boeing or a little mom and pop business. A POTUS even if he is still the President Elect should not be tweeting negative statements about companies that damages their profit margin. As POTUS you have great power. It can be abused and Trump looks like he will have no problems punishing those who he perceives has done him wrong.  Twitter may not be a tech giant but it was clear that Trump had been asking for special favors and angry because he was denied them. This is a dangerous character flaw in a leader of a supposedly free country.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 10:33:25 pm »
I believe you but that is not the point. It doesn't matter if it is a giant like Boeing or a little mom and pop business. A POTUS even if he is still the President Elect should not be tweeting negative statements about companies that damages their profit margin. As POTUS you have great power. It can be abused and Trump looks like he will have no problems punishing those who he perceives has done him wrong.  Twitter may not be a tech giant but it was clear that Trump had been asking for special favors and angry because he was denied them. This is a dangerous character flaw in a leader of a supposedly free country.

Its all part of the schizophrenic hypocrisy of Trumpism. He doesn't need daily intelligence briefings because he isn't supposed to micromanage every crisis in the world.

At the same time every tiny insult real or imagined is worthy of his time as well as micromanaging every business deal in the country.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 10:37:36 pm »
He is in full Twitter mode today, busy as he is and all. Vanity Fair published an unfavorable review of one of his restaurants and he responded on Twitter:

"Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers of @VanityFair Magazine. Way down, big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!"

No matter what you think of Vanity Fair or the review this is not the way a POTUS behaves. This is cyber bullying IMO. This is a man who will have enormous power and he is abusing it and using social media to punish those he is angry with or doesn't like. This is unacceptable whether Trump is doing it, Obama did it or Hillary would have done it. This man has a very thin skin and is quite childish. Great harm is going to come from this man. Mark my words.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:48 am »

With that I must agree with you. Especially because we all know that if the #NeverTrump movement had won, they would immediately hire all the Trumpanzees they could find.

#NeverTrumpers are so much more enlightened, loving, tolerant, and forgiving than the stupid, idiot, fascistic, f**king Trumpturds are.

Somebody needs some warm milk and their Woobie.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!