Author Topic: Ex-CIA chief: Trump responsible if U.S. attacked while he skips intel briefings  (Read 792 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Ex-CIA chief: Trump responsible if U.S. attacked while he skips intel briefings

By Louis Nelson

12/14/16 08:39 AM EST

Responsibility for an attack against the U.S. could fall on President-elect Donald Trump if he continues to regularly refuse intelligence briefings, former defense secretary and CIA director Leon Panetta said Wednesday.

Trump said in a “Fox News Sunday” interview taped last weekend that he does not need to receive the presidential intelligence briefing every day because “I’m, like, a smart person” and such briefings are often repetitive. He has received the briefing only a handful of times since winning the presidency and said he relies on those around him, including Vice President-elect Mike Pence, to receive the briefings.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-intel-briefing-us-attack-leon-panetta-232618
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
True, Trump better straighten up and listen.

Offline Night Hides Not

Whether he attends every briefing or not, he'll be blamed anyway, it goes with the job of POTUS.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Whether he attends every briefing or not, he'll be blamed anyway, it goes with the job of POTUS.

Every death on his watch is his responsibility whether he likes it or not and there will be deaths on his watch and parents who want to confront him over it.

Offline Night Hides Not

Every death on his watch is his responsibility whether he likes it or not and there will be deaths on his watch and parents who want to confront him over it.

Like Obama, he'll take credit for the good stuff, and blame someone else for the bad stuff. And it will all play out on Twitter.  :thud:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HonestJohn

Like Obama, he'll take credit for the good stuff, and blame someone else for the bad stuff. And it will all play out on Twitter.  :thud:

All while attacking the parents of the dead, who will get death threats from his supporters.

Which the press will remind America... are 'Conservative' Republicans.

geronl

It made sense until I got to "Leon Panetta"

Offline Frank Cannon

I am not the biggest Donny cheerleader, but this storyline being pushed by the open Marxist Panetta is BS. Trump did not say he was skipping briefings. He said he wasn't going to listen to the same briefing every day. He said telling him once about a situation was enough. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want a bunch of guys parroting the same crap everyday either.

HonestJohn

I am not the biggest Donny cheerleader, but this storyline being pushed by the open Marxist Panetta is BS. Trump did not say he was skipping briefings. He said he wasn't going to listen to the same briefing every day. He said telling him once about a situation was enough. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want a bunch of guys parroting the same crap everyday either.

Simple analysis will show Trump is skipping a lot.

There are daily briefs.  The world has multiple hotspots that are rapidly changing on a daily, if not hourly, basis.

That he claims he doesn't need briefs until something changes means he'd be attending every daily brief.  but he isn't.

Offline Frank Cannon

That he claims he doesn't need briefs until something changes means he'd be attending every daily brief.  but he isn't.

I don't agree. The Presidency isn't a micromanagement job. If something real is happening then he needs to know. If not who cares.

geronl

I don't agree. The Presidency isn't a micromanagement job.

Trump thinks he can control every company from the white house

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Simple analysis will show Trump is skipping a lot.

There are daily briefs.  The world has multiple hotspots that are rapidly changing on a daily, if not hourly, basis.

He needs to know about things even if we aren't directly involved.

Just a day or two before the Bataclan attack in France he was first asked about how he would deal with Syrian refugees his first reaction was that we have to take them in. His fans immediately excused him by saying he had no way of knowing that the "refugees" could be dangerous.

The rest of us knew without an attack that taking in Syrian refugees was dangerous without needing to see one more attack.