Author Topic: Gates, Rice praise Tillerson for secretary of state  (Read 683 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gates, Rice praise Tillerson for secretary of state
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:18:29 pm »

Gates, Rice praise Tillerson for secretary of state

By Jake Sherman and Matthew Nussbaum

12/13/16 07:55 AM EST

Bob Gates and Condoleezza Rice are backing ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of state. The pair, who command bipartisan respect in foreign policy circles, issued separate statements of support soon after President-elect Donald Trump announced his pick.

"He would bring to the position vast knowledge, experience and success in dealing with dozens of governments and leaders in every corner of the world,” Gates said in a statement. "He is a person of great integrity whose only goal in office would be to protect and advance the interests of the United States.”

more
http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/bob-gates-praises-tillerson-for-secretary-of-state-232555
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Gates, Rice praise Tillerson for secretary of state
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:09:08 pm »
James Baker too; who was a big wheel under both Reagan and Bush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Baker

That's an impressive endorsement.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 04:14:52 pm »
If appointing Tillerson as the SOS is putting Congress in a tizzy; he must be the right man!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

"Rex Tillerson is an excellent choice for Secretary of State. He will bring to the post remarkable and broad international experience; a deep understanding of the global economy; and a belief in America's special role in the world," Rice said. "I know Rex as a successful business man and a patriot. He will represent the interests and the values of the United States with resolve and commitment. And he will lead the exceptional men and women of the State Department with respect and dedication."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/rex-tillerson-robert-gates-condoleezza-rice/

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:34:11 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 07:49:01 pm »
Well, if you read the article, Exxon is one of the clients of Rice and Gates' consulting firm.

Just pointing it out....

geronl

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »
When both sides agree, you know it's bad