Author Topic: Trump to name secretary of state pick Tuesday  (Read 931 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to name secretary of state pick Tuesday
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:49:37 am »

Trump to name secretary of state pick Tuesday

By Patrick Reis

12/12/16 09:19 PM EST

Donald Trump will announce his nominee for secretary of state Tuesday morning, the president-elect tweeted Monday night.

ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson is widely viewed as Trump’s most likely choice, but other contenders have emerged, including Mitt Romney and Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee.

Speculation surrounding Trump’s choice to lead the State Department has escalated for weeks as the president-elect took a series of meeting with potential candidates and as his allies and critics sparred over potential selections.

After emerging as a top choice over the weekend, Tillerson has faced pushback from hawkish GOP senators concerned over his ties with Russia and closeness Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump’s tweeting of the announcement comes immediately after news broke that he would be delaying a promised announcement on how he planned to avoid conflicts of interest between his businesses and his new role as president.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/trump-to-name-secretary-of-state-pick-tuesday-232544
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Re: Trump to name secretary of state pick Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 03:56:07 am »
    Surely he knows Tillerson won't pass Senate muster, he will nominate him anyway to gain the political capital when he withdraws him, to ram Bolton down Rand Paul's throat. IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 04:04:04 am »
Tillerson is better than Romney.  Heaven forbid he choose that worthless Bob Corker.

Corker is a full blown Rat. He is garbage.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:05:41 am »
Romney confirmed on FB it isn't him.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:06:53 am »
What will this do to Exxon stock if it is Tillerson.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 04:09:35 am »
What will this do to Exxon stock if it is Tillerson.

The opposite of Trumps effect on Boeing and Lockheed Martin's stock lately, would be my guess.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 04:09:57 am »
Tillerson is better than Romney.  Heaven forbid he choose that worthless Bob Corker.

Bob Barker?

The price is wrong, bitch.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 04:13:22 am »
  Major Garrett
✔  ‎@MajorCBS 

NEWS: @realDonaldTrump selects @GovernorPerry as Energy Secretary. Announcement forthcoming.

9:29 PM - 12 Dec 2016

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 04:47:20 am »
Bob Barker?

The price is wrong, bitch.

I assume you want to rephrase that??

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 05:32:55 am »
I assume you want to rephrase that??

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's a direct quote from the movie "Happy Gilmore", just before the main character gets his butt handed to him by Bob Barker (playing himself).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 05:36:14 am »
Nah, I'm pretty sure that's a direct quote from the movie "Happy Gilmore", just before the main character gets his butt handed to him by Bob Barker (playing himself).

Did not pick up on that, I assumed you were referring to the OP who is a genuine lady..

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 05:58:37 am »
Did not pick up on that, I assumed you were referring to the OP who is a genuine lady..

Now that you mention it, I can see where my post may have been out of line.  I only meant to insert a whimsical movie quote, but it certainly could be read as being directed at the OP.

@Unlimited, my apologies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 06:03:41 am »
Now that you mention it, I can see where my post may have been out of line.  I only meant to insert a whimsical movie quote, but it certainly could be read as being directed at the OP.

@Unlimited, my apologies.

Don't let Joe push you around. Tell him to go to hell and stand by your original statement!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 06:05:09 am »
Don't let Joe push you around. Tell him to go to hell and stand by your original statement!

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: