Author Topic: Trump to display letter from Nixon in Oval Office: report / Trump plans personal touch for Oval Office wall  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Trump to display letter from Nixon in Oval Office: report

Mark Hensch
The Hill
December 12, 2016

President-elect Donald Trump plans to display a letter he received years ago from former President Richard Nixon in his Oval Office, according to a new report.

Nixon sent the letter in December 1987 after his wife, former first lady Pat Nixon, watched Trump in a television interview, according to Politico.

More

Trump plans personal touch for Oval Office wall

Annie Karni
Politico
December 12, 2016

...Trump wouldn’t be the first modern president to use the Oval Office as a staging ground to help tell a story about his presidency. Obama placed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. in his office, replacing a bust of Sir Winston Churchill that was moved to the Treaty Room in the White House’s private residence.

That’s expected to change Jan. 20. After visiting with Trump earlier this month, British politician Nigel Farage, leader of the country’s anti-immigrant Independence Party, tweeted that he was “especially pleased at @realDonaldTrump's very positive reaction to idea that Sir Winston Churchill's bust should be put back in Oval Office.” ...
More

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:02:18 pm »

By Annie Karni

12/12/16 03:13 PM EST

President-elect Donald Trump is planning to make some artistic changes to the Oval Office that reflect his fascination with his own unexpected victory.

Trump has told friends he plans to hang in the Oval Office a personal letter written to him in 1987 by President Richard Nixon that predicted his eventual win.

The letter was sent to the developer after first lady Pat Nixon saw Trump interviewed on television and thought to herself, a political star is born.

more
http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/richard-nixon-letter-oval-office-wall-232517
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Oh, my gosh...how cheesy!

Is he going to leave the Christmas lights out on the front porch all year long, too?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

He should put up several of his etchings.

Offline Frank Cannon

Better that hanging up a picture of Chairman Mao.

Offline Rivergirl

How did we get here...............
G-d help us.............

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Utterly lacking in self awareness.

Offline corbe

He will replace the MLK Bust with his favorite person.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
G-d help us.............

Aye.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The good news is that the left will go ballistic!  RMN is one of their favorite villains.

Offline musiclady

Better that hanging up a picture of Chairman Mao.

Wow.

We are SO doomed.............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

G-d help us.............

We are in a Rod Serling short story....

Offline musiclady

We are in a Rod Serling short story....

Ain't that the truth.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He should put up several of his etchings.

Kind of makes you wish he wasn't rejected from art school.

Wingnut

Kind of makes you wish he wasn't rejected from art school.

Ah huh.  What he lacked in talent he more than made up for in ...  well......   nothing really.

Offline Rivergirl

Playboy and Penthouse covers will be on his office wall.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Wow.

We are SO doomed.............

Yes, it is always about Trump.  Trump talking about himself as the third person.  I imagine that the White House will be filled with articles about Trump.  Trumps face all over the place framed in gold.

Nixon letter is just one of Trumps self worshipping collection.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

Yes, it is always about Trump.  Trump talking about himself as the third person.  I imagine that the White House will be filled with articles about Trump.  Trumps face all over the place framed in gold.

Nixon letter is just one of Trumps self worshipping collection.

Needs the props, as he's such a small person.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ConservativeGranny

Pat Nixon also was hooked on booze and tranquilizers. Who knows what condition she was in when she watched him on Phil.

Offline Suppressed

Pat Nixon also was hooked on booze and tranquilizers. Who knows what condition she was in when she watched him on Phil.

@ConservativeGranny

huh.  I hadn't thought to try that. 
I wonder whether I could get a 4-year prescription.
+++++++++