Author Topic: Former Congressman Joe Walsh(R): Trump’s Response to Russian Hacking ‘Almost Treasonous’  (Read 1452 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Former Republican Congressman Joe Walsh, a fervent supporter if not a cheerleader for Donald Trump, was recently and mysteriously blocked by the president-elect on Twitter and we may now know why.....

http://politistick.com/former-congressman-joe-walsh-trumps-response-to-russian-hacking-almost-treasonous/

Offline Suppressed

Awww... poor widdle Donnie can't handle the truth...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Walsh is right.

Despite the lying and attempts to fling chaff into the air, the GOP better quit screwing around and take this very seriously.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Like a 14 year old girl Donnie blocked him.

I think he's a one term president.

Offline DB

Like a 14 year old girl Donnie blocked him.

I think he's a one term president.

So you think he'll complete his term?

Offline kevindavis007

So you think he'll complete his term?

I'll be surprised if he does.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline GrouchoTex

You have to think if the CIA seems to think their was some sort of hacking, all people of any party would want this investigated.
That the FBI does not seem to thinks so, shows that both need to bring their evidence (or lack thereof) to the intelligence committee, and sort this thing out.
Why the hesitation?

Trump can say whatever he wants, but he has not been sworn in yet, and why he would be against this, is beyond me.
It just leads to speculation, that he has something to hide, etc.

He could put to rest, with one simple tweet, the word "investigate".

Offline Cripplecreek

You have to think if the CIA seems to think their was some sort of hacking, all people of any party would want this investigated.
That the FBI does not seem to thinks so, shows that both need to bring their evidence (or lack thereof) to the intelligence committee, and sort this thing out.
Why the hesitation?

Trump can say whatever he wants, but he has not been sworn in yet, and why he would be against this, is beyond me.
It just leads to speculation, that he has something to hide, etc.

He could put to rest, with one simple tweet, the word "investigate".

The problem is that it wasn't just hacking and it wasn't just the left complaining about it. There were Russian pro Trump trolls all over social media during the primaries and somebody was organizing them. They were pumping out all kinds of mis iformation through eastern European "news" sites. Then you have Trump's ties to people like Paul Manafort who have worked for Russian propaganda agencies and worked in favor of pro Russian Ukrainian politicians. Meanwhile Trump can't seem to stop himself from picking pro Russian people for his cabinet. To top it off, Russian nutcase/Putin sycophant Aleksandr Dugin is happily proclaiming that "We have Washington now".

Gary Kasparov says it bears all the hallmarks of a Putin Propaganda operation. He says Clinton was going to lose anyway but getting both sides to set their feet is part of the game to divide and keep people divided.

Offline kevindavis007

The problem is that it wasn't just hacking and it wasn't just the left complaining about it. There were Russian pro Trump trolls all over social media during the primaries and somebody was organizing them. They were pumping out all kinds of mis iformation through eastern European "news" sites. Then you have Trump's ties to people like Paul Manafort who have worked for Russian propaganda agencies and worked in favor of pro Russian Ukrainian politicians. Meanwhile Trump can't seem to stop himself from picking pro Russian people for his cabinet. To top it off, Russian nutcase/Putin sycophant Aleksandr Dugin is happily proclaiming that "We have Washington now".

Gary Kasparov says it bears all the hallmarks of a Putin Propaganda operation. He says Clinton was going to lose anyway but getting both sides to set their feet is part of the game to divide and keep people divided.

I love the irony that the left is all concerned about Russia.. Never mind during the Cold War, the left loved Russia when they where a Communist Country.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

• Technical

I love the irony that the left is all concerned about Russia.. Never mind during the Cold War, the left loved Russia when they where a Communist Country.

They have no problem with dictators either, see Castro or Chavez for reference.

Offline kevindavis007

They have no problem with dictators either, see Castro or Chavez for reference.

Well they had problems with Pinochet..

• Technical

Well they had problems with Pinochet..

I've heard a lot of variations of what happened with Pinochet, one was that Allende was acting outside his constitutional bounds when Pinochet stepped in.

But if a push ever comes like that from the right, it needs to be vigorously opposed if you love liberty.

Offline Night Hides Not

Nor did they give a hoot when Obama mentioned that he'd have more "flexibility" after being re-elected.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

So just what exactly did the Russians Hack?

Trying to influence an election is SOP for influential nations. Didn't Obama try to influence the BRIEXIT vote? Didn't the USA try to influence the vote in Israel?

This just another ploy to try to prevent Trump from taking office.  We go around overthrowing governments all the time and we complain when other nations try to influence our election. Please spare me the crocodile tears.

Offline HatingOrange

Puppets don't attack the Puppet Master.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Technical

They still love Castro and Chavez.

HonestJohn

And there is the irony going the other way, too.

Not to mention that the Left, up until the 1970s, was still mostly anti-Communist.  Kennedy did say:

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:49:48 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

The FBI said the motive was unknown.

geronl

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

17 US intelligence agencies think Russia was behind the hacking. It would be insane to not investigate this.

HonestJohn

The FBI said the motive was unknown.

This is all a dumb argument.

The FBI is a domestically focused agency with no capability to judge the intentions of foreign powers.  Of course they wouldn't be able to speculate.

It's not in their nature as their mission dictates.

It's like asking HUD to judge the trustworthiness of Chinese negotiators for an international treaty.  HUD is not capable of doing this.

---

What matters is the views given by those agencies whose mission *IS* to go after foreign powers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:06:11 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Cripplecreek

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

17 US intelligence agencies think Russia was behind the hacking. It would be insane to not investigate this.

Hacking is the least of our concerns with Russia. The Russian and eastern European pro trump trolls were all over the social media propagandizing during the primaries. They made up the bulk of the Alt Right.

We called them "Peggys" for their poor attempts at pro Trump proselytizing by way of bad translations.