Author Topic: Pro-Life Ted Cruz brokering Trump deal for Supreme Court  (Read 1452 times)

Offline corbe

Pro-Life Ted Cruz brokering Trump deal for Supreme Court
« on: December 12, 2016, 06:20:40 pm »
Pro-Life Ted Cruz brokering Trump deal for Supreme Court

December 12, 2016

A deal is being brokered for Senator Ted Cruz to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in exchange for a pro-Trump replacement in his Texas seat.

•Source: “A deal” is being cut which would see Cruz nominated on the condition that a pro-Trump Republican could be found to replace him in the Senate.
•Unclear whether Cruz would be immediately nominated to replace Justice Antonin Scalia.
•Cruz was not on Trump’s list of potential Supreme Court picks vetted by Federalist Society.
•Cruz is currently publicly planning to run for re-election in 2018.
•Source: Privately he's ready and willing to become a Supreme Court Justice.
•Alan Dershowitz on Cruz: “One of the best students I ever had.”
•Source: Cruz is widely praised as a legal scholar and orator, but is disliked by Senate colleagues

- See more at:

http://www.trunews.com/article/pro-life-ted-cruz-brokering-trump-deal-for-supreme-court#sthash.Pfgxc8fk.dpuf

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Pro-Life Ted Cruz brokering Trump deal for Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:22:02 pm »
   Someone stole my dream.
   No new info here, but apparently it is being discussed, particularly by Rebekah Mercer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 07:05:31 pm »
Pipe dream IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:22:16 pm »
My random thoughts.  If Trump and the GOP don't deliver those in the Senate will go down with the ship and it may impact Cruz negatively in the long run in 2020. I don't forsee Trump running again, but certainly Pence will. I'm not so sure that Cruz would run against Pence, a sitting VP; he may join the ticket at best.  2024 would be Cruz's year to run, but that's a very long ways off.  Obviously he was under enormous pressure to state that he was going to vote for Trump and campaign with Pence.  Trump knows that Cruz is going to be a thorn in his side in the Senate should he not adhere to his promises.  Cruz isn't going to be offered a cabinet position, so the only way that Trump can get him out of the way right now is to offer him a seat on the bench. If Cruz doesn't accept, Trump may keep his promise and see to it that he won't win re-election in the Senate.

Cruz may very well look at being a Supreme Court justice as an opportunity that comes around once in a lifetime at best. Because of the ages of the other justices there will be another opportunity probably sooner than later, but there is not guarantee that Trump/Pence will still be in office, nor is there a guarantee that Trump will appoint another conservative.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 07:24:27 pm »
Crony, dirty deals

"As long as you vote my way, I'll do it"

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »
Cruz isn't going to be offered a cabinet position, so the only way that Trump can get him out of the way right now is to offer him a seat on the bench.

One of my secret internal thoughts was to make sure I promoted my employees I liked the least to other departments.

Plausible to me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 07:37:00 pm »
Since I don't know who the "source" is, I'm calling this report BS for now.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to get Ted Cruz out of the Senate -- particularly his Senate colleagues and others in his party -- so maybe this is all someone's wishful thinking. 

I would rather he stay where he is, if only to annoy the lazy, corrupt lumps in both houses of Congress.  He can be a SCOTUS justice some years later. 

geronl

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »
I do not support a President making back-room deals with court nominees

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:15 pm »
Since I don't know who the "source" is, I'm calling this report BS for now.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to get Ted Cruz out of the Senate -- particularly his Senate colleagues and others in his party -- so maybe this is all someone's wishful thinking. 

I would rather he stay where he is, if only to annoy the lazy, corrupt lumps in both houses of Congress.  He can be a SCOTUS justice some years later.

I would rather Cruz stay where he is as well and run for the presidency in 8 years, but that's a long ways off and the justice position is now; that is if it's even offered to him. Historically, the chance of Republicans taking the presidency 16 years in a row happened from 1869-1885 and only a couple of times have the Republicans taken the presidency 12 years in a row.  Odds are not in Cruz's favor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »
Don't see it happening.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 08:00:25 pm »

TRUMP has a lot worse problems in the SENATE than CRUZ. Cruz and DeSantis just introduced a Term Limits  bill. That is the only way you drain the swamp? TRUMP problems in the Senate start with McConnell then goes to McShame, Graham, Rubio, Tomney + and that is just the R 's  They will fight fight him harder than the DEMS.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:01:07 pm by Longiron »

geronl

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 08:14:49 pm »
Trump wants puppets he can control, pure and simple

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 08:17:10 pm »
Crony, dirty deals

"As long as you vote my way, I'll do it"

Otherwise known as log-rolling in politics. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 04:24:14 am »
•Cruz was not on Trump’s list of potential Supreme Court picks vetted by Federalist Society.

Nor did Trump say he would choose someone from that list.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 04:59:28 am »
Cruz wants to be POTUS.

Talk Radio/Conservative media is going to have a tough 4 tears generating any interest...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 06:06:26 am »
   Someone stole my dream.
   No new info here, but apparently it is being discussed, particularly by Rebekah Mercer.

Cruz would be a perfect justice but there are plenty of people who could be a good Justice and there's only one Ted Cruz, future president.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 06:47:02 am »
Trump wants puppets he can control, pure and simple

Exactly.  His inflated ego won't allow for someone like Cruz.