Author Topic: Trump Reportedly Looking at Carly Fiorina for Director of National Intelligence  (Read 2938 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Reportedly Looking at Carly Fiorina for Director of National Intelligence
by Alex Griswold | 9:12 am, December 12th, 2016

The New York Times reported Monday that Republican president-elect Donald Trump was considering former primary opponent Carly Fiorina for the nation’s top intelligence post.

“Mr. Trump will meet on Monday with Carly Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard chief executive, to discuss the job of director of national intelligence,” The Times reported, citing a senior transition official.

more
http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/trump-reportedly-looking-at-carly-fiorina-for-director-of-national-intelligence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Trump Reportedly Looking at Carly Fiorina for Director of National Intelligence
by Alex Griswold | 9:12 am, December 12th, 2016

The New York Times reported Monday that Republican president-elect Donald Trump was considering former primary opponent Carly Fiorina for the nation’s top intelligence post.

“Mr. Trump will meet on Monday with Carly Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard chief executive, to discuss the job of director of national intelligence,” The Times reported, citing a senior transition official.

more
http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/trump-reportedly-looking-at-carly-fiorina-for-director-of-national-intelligence/

Tell me this isn't April 1st...please...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online corbe

Look at that face would YOU want that to be your DNI?

More groveling of opponents, Romney Redeaux.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

Look at that face would YOU want that to be your DNI?
What's your point? Do you want a more attractive director? Less attractive?  :shrug:

Not sure she's qualified for the position, from what I know of her background.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:02:01 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think Carly is a highly competent person who will do very well in ANY capacity Trump may decide to assign her to!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Why?  Don't get me wrong, I like her, I just don't know what particular expertise she brings to this role.

Online corbe

What's your point? Do you want a more attractive director? Less attractive?  :shrug:

Not sure she's qualified for the position, from what I know of her background.

@mountaineer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfCuU5iKWc

Sarcasm appreciation seems to have left with the moon this morning.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@mountaineer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfCuU5iKWc

Sarcasm appreciation seems to have left with the moon this morning.

Pardon me if I'm suspicious of Trump's motives.  I wonder if he isn't calling some of these people in to dangle a nice appointment in front of them, only to reject and humiliate them later.

If Trump was a fair and forgiving sort, he wouldn't be Trump.

He clutches a grudge like it was a small feline.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

Pardon me if I'm suspicious of Trump's motives.  I wonder if he isn't calling some of these people in to dangle a nice appointment in front of them, only to reject and humiliate them later.

@Emjay

That would be my guess, but I'll admit freely that I'm as skeptic as they come on The Donald.
    My 6 dimensional chess studies are not as advanced as I would hope at this late juncture.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yup. He'll never appoint someone so much smarter than himself as Fiorina clearly is. I suspect she has too much integrity to accept in the first place.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yup. He'll never appoint someone so much smarter than himself as Fiorina clearly is. I suspect she has too much integrity to accept in the first place.

True, but where is he gonna find people dumber than himself unless he trolls over at TOS or DemUnderground.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I think Carly is a highly competent person who will do very well in ANY capacity Trump may decide to assign her to!

I agree.  I'm usually the one to mock those who play the misogynist card too much, but the criticisms of how she looks are way out of bounds.

Forgetting her looks, I was incredibly impressed with the amount of work she clearly put in on national security issues for the debates.  I'd have preferred to see her at Commerce or Labor, but I'll take her anywhere.  In terms of being an accomplished, sharp executive, she's far more legitimate than Hillary ever was.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why?  Don't get me wrong, I like her, I just don't know what particular expertise she brings to this role.

That is my reaction as well...just don't get it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
True, but where is he gonna find people dumber than himself unless he trolls over at TOS or DemUnderground.

I have a feeling that a lot of his cabinet picks will find that their chief role is scapegoat. Trump just doesn't do responsibility.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That is my reaction as well...just don't get it.

She spend a couple of years as Chair of the CIA's External Advisory Board.  She likely also knows more about computer and cybersecurity than anyone else being considered. 

But I don't think it is just expertise -- I think it's just her brain/work ethic.  She seemed as or more knowledgeable than any of the guys on that stage when it came to foreign affairs.  Honestly, that impressed the crap out of me.

It would be an outside the box pick, but I'd really like it.

@mystery-ak @Oceander

Also found this 2015 National Review Article called "The CEO and the CIA", about her work with the CIA.  Can't figure out how to copy it, but here's the link.  Definitely worth a read, and given that she was a Chair, which is somewhat analogous to what the DNI (as opposed to the DCIA) does, she actually seems like a good pick.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417938/ceo-and-cia-jim-geraghty
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:35:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She spend a couple of years as Chair of the CIA's External Advisory Board.  She likely also knows more about computer and cybersecurity than anyone else being considered. 

But I don't think it is just expertise -- I think it's just her brain/work ethic.  She seemed as or more knowledgeable than any of the guys on that stage when it came to foreign affairs.  Honestly, that impressed the crap out of me.

@mystery-ak @Oceander

Also found this 2015 National Review Article called "The CEO and the CIA", about her work with the CIA.  Can't figure out how to copy it, but here's the link.  Definitely worth a read, and given that she was a Chair, which is somewhat analogous to what the DNI (as opposed to the DCIA) does, she actually seems like a good pick.

I like the pick as well... but not sure it will actually happen.

geronl

22222frying pan

oh man! How dumb.

Offline Suppressed

I'm pretty sure you're right on the money.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Longiron

Tell me this isn't April 1st...please...

She really F***** up HP and we sure do not need her to do that with the US intelligence community. She was a #nerver trump like her ally MITTENS and she also is a loser like him. Notice no job offers from anyone in the Business community after she was fired from HP. That is a statement. Not even a non profit. **nononono*
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:06:55 pm by Longiron »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Agreed!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

geronl

She is not qualified, Trump is probably just playing her anyway. It's what the moron does for entertainment

Oceander

@mystery-ak @Oceander

@Maj. Bill Martin
Fair enough!  Thanks for the info.  I retract my statement completely. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Naw, in his mind, there is no one smarter than he is.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:21:56 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald