Author Topic: Trump blasts F-35 fighter jet program cost as 'out of control'  (Read 403 times)

rangerrebew

Trump blasts F-35 fighter jet program cost as 'out of control'
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:59:35 pm »
Trump blasts F-35 fighter jet program cost as 'out of control'
Listen | Print
By AFP     8 mins ago in World

Lockheed Martin stocks were down about four percent in early trading Monday after President-elect Donald Trump blasted "out of control" costs for the F-35 stealth fighter program.

With a current development and acquisition price tag of $379 billion for a total of 2,443 F-35 aircraft -- most of them destined for the Air Force -- the Lockheed Martin-built plane is the most expensive in history.

"The F-35 program and cost is out of control. Billions of dollars can and will be saved on military (and other) purchases after January 20th," Trump said on Twitter, as Defense Secretary Ashton Carter was in Israel to celebrate delivery of the country's first two of the Lockheed Martin fighters.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/trump-blasts-f-35-fighter-jet-program-cost-as-out-of-control/article/481527#ixzz4Sdk6Vp4G

Offline bolobaby

Re: Trump blasts F-35 fighter jet program cost as 'out of control'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:12:31 pm »
I'm actually hoping Trump is able to get quality military contracts on the cheap. That would be great. Spend money efficiently to have a powerful service armed with even more stuff.

I sold my General Dynamics stake on Friday on the thought that we might finally start revisiting some of these contracts.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 07:13:45 pm »
Ignorant statement...shot across the bow to encourage more cost cutting?  Ok, just say so.

In reality, costs have been decreasing steadily, all involved have been investing heavily in reducing recurring and production costs...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/usa-trump-lockheed-update-idUKL1N1E70QM

http://defense-update.com/20150319_sar_programs.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »
I'm actually hoping Trump is able to get quality military contracts on the cheap. That would be great. Spend money efficiently to have a powerful service armed with even more stuff.

I sold my General Dynamics stake on Friday on the thought that we might finally start revisiting some of these contracts.

I hope the companies refuse to renegotiate and just stop production. Let Trump-o-maniac explain why America became defenseless.

He is worse than Obama.