Author Topic: Is Trump Planning A Purge Of The Energy Department's Climate Warriors?  (Read 823 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team circulated a questionnaire to the Department of Energy requesting information about specific employees who’ve worked on climate change policies, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.

Several questions pertain to some of the agency’s procedural responsibilities, but it also asks for the identities of employees instrumental in developing climate policies. DOE employees provided The NYT with the list under the promise of anonymity.

“Can you provide a list of all Department of Energy employees or contractors who have attended Interagency Working Group on the Social Cost of Carbon meetings?” reads one of the questions. “Can you provide a list of when those meetings were and any materials distributed at those meetings, emails associated with those meetings, or materials created by Department employees or contractors in anticipation or as a result of those meetings.”

Former Energy Department officials told reporters that such questions are not unusual — in fact, they are often par for the course, especially during a transition period. They said it’s strange to demand the identification of specific officials helping to craft climate policy...

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/11/is-trump-planning-a-purge-of-the-energy-departments-climate-warriors/
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Is Trump Planning A Purge Of The Energy Department's Climate Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:06:30 pm »
We're entitled to hope, right?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 10:41:22 pm »
We're entitled to hope, right?

Yes, we are. 

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
Awesome, I hope so!  Purge away, drain the swamp.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 02:54:45 am »
Title:
"Is Trump Planning A Purge Of The Energy Department's Climate Warriors?"

We can only hope so.
As soon as possible!

Addendum:
Should have read the replies before I posted!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:55:22 am by Fishrrman »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 02:26:09 pm »
Two things make me believe that no purge is coming...though I wish it would.

1) Trump saying he wants to go farther with ethanol standards for gasoline than even BHO's EPA has mandated.

2) It's practically impossible to fire a DoD civilian once they get past the 90 day probationary period.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 02:38:15 pm »
Two things make me believe that no purge is coming...though I wish it would.

1) Trump saying he wants to go farther with ethanol standards for gasoline than even BHO's EPA has mandated.

2) It's practically impossible to fire a DoD civilian once they get past the 90 day probationary period.

What 90 day probationary period? I've "endured" two one-year periods, and DOD is looking at two year probationary periods for some positions.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:50:31 pm »
What 90 day probationary period? I've "endured" two one-year periods, and DOD is looking at two year probationary periods for some positions.

If the Trump administration accomplishes nothing more than a complete re-write of Civil Service Rules that allows department heads more discretion in getting rid of dead wood they will have done this country a great service!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:29:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 03:00:19 pm »
Many civil servants will be fired to make room for the cronies, their children, and relatives.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 03:17:10 pm »

It was always my understanding from the DAC's I know it was only 90 days for a GS position.  Maybe something changed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 03:26:51 pm »
Many civil servants will be fired to make room for the cronies, their children, and relatives.

Won't need to fire anybody, just offer buyouts and watch them flee...happily. Over a third of the federal workforce is 55 and older. Thousands are just biding time until retirement, why not speed up the process?

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.