Author Topic: Dem senator: Trump's Cabinet filled with 'Goldman, generals and gazillionaires'  (Read 2013 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem senator: Trump's Cabinet filled with 'Goldman, generals and gazillionaires'
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/11/16 09:54 AM EST

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) told ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday that President-elect Donald Trump has “a three 'G' Cabinet,” filled with “Goldman, generals and gazillionaires.”

Trump has so far chosen several generals for positions in his Cabinet. Last week, the president-elect announced retired Gen. James Mattis would be his pick for secretary of Defense and retired Gen. John Kelly to lead the Department of Homeland Security.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309851-dem-senator-trump-cabinet-filled-with-goldman-generals-and
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

I'm concerned about the militarization of our civilian government in principle, not fearing a coup.  I'm okay with Goldman and Gazillions, but I think there are better candidates for America's interests.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm concerned about the militarization of our civilian government in principle, not fearing a coup.  I'm okay with Goldman and Gazillions, but I think there are better candidates for America's interests.

What concerns you?

Offline Suppressed

What concerns you?

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like the thoughts of the Founders of this great nation.  I believe they were wise in clearly laying out civilian control of the military.  I believe that George Washington was a good and wise man to set a clear definition between his past as a general and his term as president.  I believe that laws are passed for a reason, and shouldn't be cast aside with a "waiver"...but should require deep thought and reflection over why they are in place, and if they require amendment, then thoughtful amendment should take place.

As much as Donald Trump is taking actions to make America more like a banana republic, I think he's doing it mainly because he's unaware of what he's doing.  His banana-republic vision of America is off-the-cuff, and I don't think he has read enough or is bright enough to foresee the potential dangers or consequences of what he does.

That being said, I don't fear a coup from the good men proposed to take these positions.  But there are more subtle difficulties that arise if we are too much in a military mindset without civilian balance.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
It doesn't bother me at all, but I'll confess my bias.  I'm retired Marine Corps and appreciate what these men bring to the table.  I'm very happy Gen Kelly will be heading my department.  I've had about enough of Obama's lap dog Jeh Johnson.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Vulcan

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

The problem is the same as all things Trump. He said he would get these people out of Washington just like Obama said he would. Then he turned around and did exactly the same thing Obama did and hired them.

Offline Vulcan

The problem is the same as all things Trump. He said he would get these people out of Washington just like Obama said he would. Then he turned around and did exactly the same thing Obama did and hired them.

And just as with Obama, his supporters defend his every move while keeping their lips firmly attached to his backside.

I said all through the campaign liberals cannot be trusted and followed it with "If you think so, name one liberal you trust".   The only response I ever got to that question was, and I kid you not, "Harry Truman". 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
And just as with Obama, his supporters defend his every move while keeping their lips firmly attached to his backside.

I said all through the campaign liberals cannot be trusted and followed it with "If you think so, name one liberal you trust".   The only response I ever got to that question was, and I kid you not, "Harry Truman".

Tight sphincter caught their tongues.

Offline Mesaclone

It doesn't bother me at all, but I'll confess my bias.  I'm retired Marine Corps and appreciate what these men bring to the table.  I'm very happy Gen Kelly will be heading my department.  I've had about enough of Obama's lap dog Jeh Johnson.

I'm with ya brutha!

Looking VERY much forward to a new boss...maybe a more pro-active approach as opposed to the current "react-to-the-last-threat" method.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Great Generals do not by and large translate into good CEO's or political appointees out of uniform. They quickly find out that people treat and react to them much differently when they are in a suit and tie and don't have 4 stars on their shoulder.

And conversely the retired Generals expect people to still jump and ask "how high" later just like when they were on active duty and have a hard time adjusting.

Hence the reason most either become militarycontractors..consultants or TV experts when they hang it up. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm with ya brutha!

Looking VERY much forward to a new boss...maybe a more pro-active approach as opposed to the current "react-to-the-last-threat" method.

How is that gonna work since Donny claims he's too smart to need to have the PDB every day?

Those briefings tend to give him info on what's about to happen or could happen without action.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
I'm with ya brutha!

I'm a sister...but that's okay.  Hard to tell on the Internet!   :patriot:

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
@txradioguy
I understand your point of view.  Some people cannot adjust to being out of uniform and have a hard time with the private sector work ethic.  I'm married to one of those.

I'm hopeful these three will adjust to the new dynamic but keep the good traits that made them successful.  I was able to do it.

Offline ScottinVA

At least the Generals, Goldman and "gazillionaires" will have been vetted and voted upon, as opposed to Obama's shadowy cabal of 32 unaccountable "czars."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
At least the Generals, Goldman and "gazillionaires" will have been vetted and voted upon, as opposed to Obama's shadowy cabal of 32 unaccountable "czars."

But I thought Goldman Sachs was evil?  :shrug:

And I haven't seen nor heard anything from the Trump camp about doing away with those Czar positions either.

Offline Night Hides Not

Great Generals do not by and large translate into good CEO's or political appointees out of uniform. They quickly find out that people treat and react to them much differently when they are in a suit and tie and don't have 4 stars on their shoulder.

And conversely the retired Generals expect people to still jump and ask "how high" later just like when they were on active duty and have a hard time adjusting.

Hence the reason most either become militarycontractors..consultants or TV experts when they hang it up.

I thank them for their service, but too many of them had their butts kissed for too long, and no one dared to disagree with them.

I was regaled and reviled for offering different options, though once the decision was made, I carried it out to the best of my ability. It was easy, as I had no intention of making the Army a career, any thoughts to the contrary were taken care of by superiors that knew they had all the answers.  lol

In one assignment, my dining facility was used as a regular meeting place for retired officers. I caught hell when my cooks didn't respond to their "requests" quickly enough. It was as if they never left active duty, they just couldn't get over the fact they were just "Joe Smith", instead of COL Joe Smith.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I thank them for their service, but too many of them had their butts kissed for too long, and no one dared to disagree with them.

I was regaled and reviled for offering different options, though once the decision was made, I carried it out to the best of my ability. It was easy, as I had no intention of making the Army a career, any thoughts to the contrary were taken care of by superiors that knew they had all the answers.  lol

In one assignment, my dining facility was used as a regular meeting place for retired officers. I caught hell when my cooks didn't respond to their "requests" quickly enough. It was as if they never left active duty, they just couldn't get over the fact they were just "Joe Smith", instead of COL Joe Smith.

You see that in the Association (2nd Cav, TOG, 24th ID etc) members as well.  Doesn't help when the current Regimental Commander or CG continues to treat them as if they are not retired.

Offline Night Hides Not

You see that in the Association (2nd Cav, TOG, 24th ID etc) members as well.  Doesn't help when the current Regimental Commander or CG continues to treat them as if they are not retired.

I recall a "poignant" moment a dozen years ago when several classmates from GU were invited to a change of command ceremony in Bossier City. A colonel who was a year behind us was taking over a Reserve Brigade, and another classmate was making the trip, he was then the CG at Fort Polk.

When we all met for the first time in 25+ years, I couldn't help but say to the general, "I outrank you now, brother, I'm a civilian."  lol

Later that evening, we got together at the VOQ, and his teenage daughters couldn't get away fast enough from our group. Our reminiscences from college were boring them to tears. lol That's why I refrain from telling my "war stories", as they are interesting only to me.

I'll never forget spending some time with a Navajo silversmith at Four Corners National Monument. He had a lot of military items for sale, and I bought a set of jump wings. We shared our military experiences, he in the Green Berets in Nam, and we both talked about going through Jump School at Benning. My then 12 YO son seemingly hung on to every word we said, as if saying to himself, "my dad was telling me the truth."

I was simply enjoying the other gentleman's stories, and he had a lot to tell, including having an uncle who was an original Code Talker. The difference was, we spoke to each other as peers and comrades, not as Major this, or Colonel that.

For officers that I served with and greatly admire, if we ever meet again, I'll likely show them respect by calling them by their rank. OTOH, if I ever run into a particular retired Colonel, all he's going to get out of me is "Jim".  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.