Author Topic: Barbara Walters is afraid ‘The View’ legacy is destroyed, and she knows who to blame, source says  (Read 2646 times)

rangerrebew

Barbara Walters is afraid ‘The View’ legacy is destroyed, and she knows who to blame, source says
December 11, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

Barbara Walters blames ABC brass for destroying the legacy of “The View.”

The legendary newswoman, who created the show with Bill Geddie, is afraid that the show is going to be remembered for the constant cast changes and backstage fights, the New York Post’s Page Six reported.

“She feels they’ve ruined the franchise that she and Bill Geddie built. Instead of focusing on smart, educated women with strong talent, they cast uninformed child actors on the show. The legacy has been compromised because of poor casting and bad leadership under ABC News,” a source told Page Six.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/12/11/barbara-walters-afraid-view-legacy-destroyed-knows-blame-source-says-422548
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:43:14 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Surely she doesn't include Joy Bahar and Rosie O'Donnell in that smart woman category.  If she does, she's more senile than I thought. :tongue2:

Wingnut

It was doomed to fail from the beginning. You can't put that much estrogen in one room for an extended period of time without bad things happening.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
The onscreen harpy fest had nothing to do with it?
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Although without the View we'd never be able to appreciate this clip:

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/star-jones-vs-football-240500

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It was doomed to fail from the beginning. You can't put that much estrogen in one room for an extended period of time without bad things happening.

Did you know banal is a suitcase word?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Instead of focusing on smart, educated women with strong talent, they cast uninformed child actors on the show.

Debbie Matenopoulos says hi.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

The View has set women back a hundred years.  Really don't know why anyone watches it.  I suppose it appeald to the same audience which thinks reality shows are real.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Surely she doesn't include Joy Bahar and Rosie O'Donnell in that smart woman category.  If she does, she's more senile than I thought. :tongue2:

@rangerrebew

Well,since they were part of the original cast that SHE hired,I don't see how she can avoid taking the blame. She also hired that rocket scientist,Rosie O'Donnell.

Joy Behar is really and truly "special",though. She even managed to get fired from a teachers job in Public schools in NYC,and given that she is a rabid union fan you have to wonder if she sets a new world record for stupid. I'm pretty sure an amoeba with a union card could remain on the teachers payrolls in NYC until retirement if they wanted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

@rangerrebew

Well,since they were part of the original cast that SHE hired,I don't see how she can avoid taking the blame. She also hired that rocket scientist,Rosie O'Donnell.

Perhaps I should have still thinks they are smart. :headbang:

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
BW legacy is that she willingly spread her legs for a know mass-murderer and tyrant by the name of Fidel Castro.

She might as well have been screwing Hitler.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
The legacy of the view is to try to make housewives stupidly liberal zombies.

I wouldn't cry any tears if Whoopi went room temp.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

The legacy of the view is to try to make housewives stupidly liberal zombies.

I wouldn't cry any tears if Whoopi went room temp.

Not sure if you could tell.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline verga

Probably one of the worst shows on Television, and yet it keeps getting renewed.
H.L. Mencken was spot on: “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline chae

I think the "uninformed child actors" was a shot at Candace Cameron, the lone Christian Conservative on that show.

rangerrebew

She might as well have been screwing Hitler.

She's old enough to have been in the rack with him. :green teeth:

Wingnut

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LOL. Hilarious.

@Frank Cannon

Frank,you should like that one. Looks like she is wearing a seat cover from a 50 Chrysler Windsor.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Frank,you should like that one. Looks like she is wearing a seat cover from a 50 Chrysler Windsor.

Ah yes. The Highlander.

Wingnut

Ah yes. The Highlander.

Nice prototype frizbee that bonnie lass is sporting!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nice prototype frizbee that bonnie lass is sporting!

@Wingnut

I'm guessing she didn't wear it tooling down the road with the top down.