Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Harassment of a Teenage Girl on Twitter Led to Death and Rape Threats  (Read 1668 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The problem with Trumpertantrums when you have a mob of blind followers.

In October 2015, then-18-year-old Lauren Batchelder asked Trump a question at a political forum in New Hampshire. “So, maybe I’m wrong, maybe you can prove me wrong, but I don’t think you’re a friend to women,” she said. Trump defended himself, and Batchelder took the mic again, asking if she’d get equal pay and access to abortion with Trump as president. Trump answered: “You’re going to make the same if you do as good of a job, and I happen to be pro-life, okay?”

Batchelder thought that was the end of it, but when she woke up the next day, she realized that the current president-elect had sent out a series of tweets about her.......

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/trumps-harassment-of-an-18-year-old-girl-on-twitter-led-to-death-threats.html

« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:05:57 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Wrong link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think anyone who publicly denounces Trump should expect that their personal information will be leaked...Trump leaked Senator Graham's cell phone on C-Span.  You think he gives a damn about some college feminist.  She's gonna wish she aborted herself by the time Trump's proud, loyal, and pure worshipers end that train.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
We complained about Obama and the left inspiring their nutjobs to act and now we have a nutjob in chief doing the same.

We've already seen some idiot shoot up a pizza place inspired by the pizzagate BS.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I think anyone who publicly denounces Trump should expect that their personal information will be leaked...Trump leaked Senator Graham's cell phone on C-Span.  You think he gives a damn about some college feminist.  She's gonna wish she aborted herself by the time Trump's proud, loyal, and pure worshipers end that train.

This is beginning to look as though the single most thin-skinned man since Richard Nixon and His Excellency
Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada is preparing to become the president of the United States. In
fact, Donaldus Minimus makes His Excellency resemble a stoic and Tricky Dickson, an android.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump reply was retarded, as is the norm, but she sorta sounds like a plant to me.  :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

Apparently its just too much to expect a little maturity and professionalism from Trump.

Offline ABX

Trump reply was retarded, as is the norm, but she sorta sounds like a plant to me.  :shrug:

Even if she was a plant by jebs campaign like conservative tree house and fr claimed, did she deserve this kind of response? All for asking a question?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Even if she was a plant by jebs campaign like conservative tree house and fr claimed, did she deserve this kind of response? All for asking a question?

No.

Offline ABX

I'll add one more question;  even if she were a young intern for Jeb asking a planted question, what did that just teach her about the so-called right?

Offline Cripplecreek

I'll add one more question;  even if she were a young intern for Jeb asking a planted question, what did that just teach her about the so-called right?

The forum was the "No Labels" forum which means it was a liberal group.

Why was Trump going to speak to the liberal group in the first place.

Offline ABX

The forum was the "No Labels" forum which means it was a liberal group.

Why was Trump going to speak to the liberal group in the first place.

FR and conservative tree house who both leaked her address and tracked her down claimed she was a volunteer intern for Jeb.

Offline Cripplecreek

FR and conservative tree house who both leaked her address and tracked her down claimed she was a volunteer intern for Jeb.

She may have been a volunteer for Jeb and I would expect Jeb at a no labels event but Trump was running around declaring himself to be the most conservative republican the world has ever seen. He needed a distraction.

This is why I've always compared and always will compare him to Hugo Chavez. He and his minions want to keep everything in a state of constant turmoil and endlessly pointing out enemies to avoid giving anyone a chance to criticize or question Trump. Now its fake news and all of the pro Trump fake news sites are saying so.

Offline Suppressed

This is why I've always compared and always will compare him to Hugo Chavez. He and his minions want to keep everything in a state of constant turmoil and endlessly pointing out enemies to avoid giving anyone a chance to criticize or question Trump. Now its fake news and all of the pro Trump fake news sites are saying so.

One of multiple similarities he has with him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

This is conservatism as defined by Trump and his followers.

Remember this.

Unless we take conservatism back, you will be defined by their actions.

---

'Shoot up a pizza place', 'Death threats for questioning the One'...

...we see it in the news and we see a lesser form of it at the TOS and here.

---

I repudiate it completely, which, if you read the rebuttals of his followers, makes me a flaming liberal and a 'social justice warrior'.

Note that rebranding, which has already occurred in this microcosm of the conservative world.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That "teenaged girl" crap drives me crazy.  Yes, technically, she is still a teenager.  She is also legally an adult, old enough to vote, sign contracts and join the military.  The fact that she is still technically a teenager is irrelevant and used to gin up sympathy for her, rather than factually presenting the story.