Author Topic: Russia was trying to help Donald Trump win election, says CIA in secret assessment  (Read 16041 times)

Offline jpsb

Analysis: The CIA concluded Russia worked to elect Trump. Republicans now face an impossible choice.

<..snip..>

Already, House Democrats have begun pushing for something akin to the 9/11 Commission to look into allegations of Russian meddling. During the campaign, they pushed for hearings on the same issue.

Until this week, they'd been unable to get much buy-in from congressional Republicans. But Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., voiced support Wednesday for a probe, and now Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., says he is working with Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., on a wide-ranging Senate probe, as The Post's Karoun Demirjian reported Thursday.

"I'm going after Russia in every way you can go after Russia," Graham said. "I think they're one of the most destabilizing influences on the world stage. I think they did interfere with our elections, and I want (Russian President Vladimir) Putin personally to pay the price."

But even as these probes start to materialize, Trump is singing a far different tune. In his interview with Time magazine for his "Person of the Year" award, Trump suggested the interference could just as well have come from someone in New Jersey as from the Russian government.

<..snip..>

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-analysis-cia-russia-trump-republicans-20161209-story.html

Not at all surprising that the NeverTrumpers would join forces with the Marxist Globalists to overturn our election and constitutional governance. NeverTrumpers and democrats have a lot in common.

Offline jpsb

Obama is the first US President to lose a war that had already been won.

You have forgotten the Vietnam War? And then there is the Korean War.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The simple fact is that both sides are lying and yes its well known that every eastern European neonazi scumbag on the planet was pimping for Trump. We know Trump himself was lying because he said so himself and FOX news happily gave him a platform to do so.

Sure the leftist media lies but that doesn't mean there weren't "right wing" media sites like the conservative nuthouse lying just as much.
Precisely. Some right wing sites brooked no disagreement nor questioning of Trump, just as left winged sites treated those who questioned or criticized Hillary, and both sides lied like cheap rugs. Trumpbart and Consewerative Outhouse were two notables.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

You have forgotten the Vietnam War? And then there is the Korean War.
The Korean War isn't over, it's just a cease fire agreement. No armistice was ever signed, and neither side capitulated.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

Precisely. Some right wing sites brooked no disagreement nor questioning of Trump, just as left winged sites treated those who questioned or criticized Hillary, and both sides lied like cheap rugs. Trumpbart and Consewerative Outhouse were two notables.

Do you have any evidence to back up the accusation that the conservative tree house lied?

lie; a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive;

Offline Smokin Joe

Not at all surprising that the NeverTrumpers would join forces with the Marxist Globalists to overturn our election and constitutional governance. NeverTrumpers and democrats have a lot in common.
Any time I start to think maybe, just maybe, he'll be okay, some bungwipe like you comes along with that bullshit song and dance. Just stuff it where the sun don't shine, back up there with your head.

We didn't support him because we're Constitutionalists. We don't have as much in common with the Marxists as he does.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Do you have any evidence to back up the accusation that the conservative tree house lied?

When didn't it? Let's go for the short list.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yes just look at how wonderful things are in Iraq today.

They were fine until the current occupant of the WH snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  At least be honest about that when you make snide remarks about our efforts in Iraq.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

The Korean War isn't over, it's just a cease fire agreement. No armistice was ever signed, and neither side capitulated.
Techniquely correct however the war was won, until Truman (democrat) allowed the Chicoms to intervene. The VW was won until democrats in congress allowed the North to over run the South.

Bush should have never open up that can of worms in Iraq, thousands of lives wasted and a trillion dollars down the drain. Just look at the mess Bush and Zero have made of the middle east.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Show a time when they accurately reported anything.  Lets start from there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline jpsb

When didn't it? Let's go for the short list.

Just as I thought, you got nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just as I thought, you got nothing.

So you guys are even then.

Offline jpsb

They were fine until the current occupant of the WH snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  At least be honest about that when you make snide remarks about our efforts in Iraq.

Fine? Do you recall we were told the Iraqis would throw rose petals at our feet and would quickly embrace republican form of government. How did that work out?

"Every thing was fine" is delusional thinking. Bush has to "surge" troops into Iraq after prematurely withdrawing them to keep the place from blowing up again. Iraq is the poster boy for how not to run a war.

Offline jpsb

Show a time when they accurately reported anything.  Lets start from there.

yall are making the accusation the TCT lies, the burden of proof is on you.

Offline Smokin Joe

Techniquely correct however the war was won, until Truman (democrat) allowed the Chicoms to intervene. The VW was won until democrats in congress allowed the North to over run the South.

Bush should have never open up that can of worms in Iraq, thousands of lives wasted and a trillion dollars down the drain. Just look at the mess Bush and Zero have made of the middle east.
Technically correct is correct, period. Whether it could have been 'won' is moot. If Lemay had been given the go-ahead to bomb the Chinese when they crossed the Yalu, it would have saved my father a couple purple hearts. But shoulda coulda woulda, didn't happen.

Bush did reasonably well, despite the press lies about the WMDs. The Russians moved that stuff up into Syria, which is part of why there is so much going on there. Once again the Democrats lost the war, this time in Iraq, just like the Media and the Dems pissed away the victory in Vietnam and the South Vietnamese people (and the genocidal slaughter that followed there and in Cambodia and Laos).

It's the same people, straight laced, straight faced, who calmly tell you lies on the TV or radio who enable this sort of waste of the invested blood, treasure, and lives of Americans.

Being compared to that bunch because I won't Kiss the Donald's ring really, really pisses me off, so we're done here..

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Wait you mean like when we'd post something that was critical of Donny and you and others would immediately say it was a lie from an obviously biased reporter...with no proof to back it up?  Or how you automatically dismiss anything from Right Scoop or Red State?

I'm thinking you don't like the fit of the shoe when it's on your foot.

Offline Smokin Joe

Go to the website. Read. Q.E.D.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Russia was trying to help Donald Trump win election, says CIA in secret assessment"

So what? The US does the same thing with politics in ever other nation on Earth. So does GB,Germany,France,China,etc,etc,etc.

They and we do it to try to get foreign leaders in place that are less of a threat to us and more likely to do business with us in a peaceful manner.

In the case of Russia,they would also want to see a US President that would be more likely to work WITH them instead of against them when it comes to dealing with radical Islam.

I'm no fan of Boy Jorge's "Pooty Poot",but there is no denying the world has been a safer place with him in charge of Russia than any other leader they have had since 1917,and the truth is we NEED to cooperate with Russia when it comes to killing off Muslims. It's in our own self-interest.

One thing is certain,neither Bubbette! or Bathhouse Barry have been interested is stopping the spread or radical Islam. He was/is in favor of it like many retarded blacks,and she just wanted to personally profit from it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Please note what I posted above on this thread. The "CIA assessment" is BS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jpsb

Wait you mean like when we'd post something that was critical of Donny and you and others would immediately say it was a lie from an obviously biased reporter...with no proof to back it up?  Or how you automatically dismiss anything from Right Scoop or Red State?

I'm thinking you don't like the fit of the shoe when it's on your foot.

I always back up my assertions, and as far as I am concerned Red State is not worth reading. I refuse to click on a link that goes to Red State. Eric E is also a vile man and he left a stench at Red State that will take years to remove.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

"Would Trump nominating the CEO of Exon as SoS be evidence enough?  Big Putin lover."

So what? You think maybe relations with Russia and cooperation with defeating Islam would be better if it were someone that Putin hated that hated Putin?

"We know Putin's disdain for obummer, hellary and Kerry."

I'm not in a position to criticize  him for that. He probably thinks more  highly of them than I do. I think they should all be in a serious federal prison in isolation for the rest of their lives.

"Russia had some influence in the US election but I personally don't think it was significant enough to get Trump over the hump.
   His overzealous supporters and hellary's unlikeability factor were important. IMHO"

I agree.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In the case of Russia,they would also want to see a US President that would be more likely to work WITH them instead of against them when it comes to dealing with radical Islam.

So you're saying we should work with Russia to keep a brutal thug like Assad in power?

I'm no fan of Boy Jorge's "Pooty Poot",but there is no denying the world has been a safer place with him in charge of Russia than any other leader they have had since 1917,and the truth is we NEED to cooperate with Russia when it comes to killing off Muslims. It's in our own self-interest.

WTF is this 3rd grade language you're using?  What are you 12?  Seriously.

Safer how?  As the people in the Ukraine if they feel safer.  Ask the Ukraine if THEY feel safer.  Finland is bracing for an invasion because Putin is saying their secession from Russia was illegal.  I made an 1,836 KM trek from Talinn, Estonia to Vilseck, Germany two years ago and every place we stopped...NO ONE felt safer with Putin saber rattling like he is.

So tell me exactly how...with Russia selling Iran all the new weapons they can buy...Putin propping up Assad...the Russian Navy and Air Forces playing chicken with the U.S. and it's allies in the sky and under the water like it's 1977 again...is the world SAFER with the former KGB agent in charge at the Kremlin?

One thing is certain,neither Bubbette! or Bathhouse Barry have been interested is stopping the spread or radical Islam. He was/is in favor of it like many retarded blacks,and she just wanted to personally profit from it.

Psst...gues what...I seriously doubt Trump will be either.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

It's not "evidence enough". Need a concrete who and how to believe this assessment, as is.

Trump may actually be innocent of everything but through his buffoonery he looks guilty.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

How the HELL is Trump guilty of anything that Putin says or that Russia does? Who died and put Trump in charge of Russia?

If Trump were as powerful as some people seem to think,he would be the Master of the Universe,not the President elect.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I always back up my assertions, and as far as I am concerned Red State is not worth reading. I refuse to click on a link that goes to Red State. Eric E is also a vile man and he left a stench at Red State that will take years to remove.

This coming from the same guy who just took others to task for...wait for it...dismissing articles and authors out of hand not even 30 minutes ago.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We need the CIA to tell us this?  I thought everyone knew Putin wanted Trump to win.

@RAT Patrol

Since he was running against one of the most evil creatures in the universe,I'd like to think ALL sentient creatures wanted Trump to win. Not necessarily because he was that good,but because he wasn't her. That's reason enough to stand on it's own.