Author Topic: Russia was trying to help Donald Trump win election, says CIA in secret assessment  (Read 16127 times)

Offline corbe

@TomSea are you implying, by using that NYT article, that Iraqi sanctions from 2 decades ago are responsible for the total flustercuck the ME is?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/01/world/iraq-sanctions-kill-children-un-reports.html

Iraq sanctions were reportedly killing children according to the UN. There is even an interview where then President Clinton was asked to address this.

We probably needed a larger presence in Iraq if we go that route. I'm not that critical but one can see what a hornets nest the ME is.

@TomSea

We never should have gotten involved in there with our military to start with. We have absolutely nothing to gain,and we are losing the lives and futures of many young Americans,as well as billions of dollars that could be spent here for better purposes.

Their tribal wars with each other are none of our business.  Hell,we don't even need their freaking oil. Apparently many,many prominent Americans feel the need for their money,but America herself doesn't need a damn thing they have. The only reason we aren't pumping our own oil is because the Standard Oil Trust Fund Children,grandchildren,and great grandchildren want to keep the money flowing into their bank accounts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
  @TomSea are you implying, by using that NYT article, that Iraqi sanctions from 2 decades ago are responsible for the total flustercuck the ME is?

No, actually, I should have quoted so that is my fault; but the previous pages showed men, women and children killed allegedly (and probably) by Saddam's use of chemical weapons or poisonous gas. So, I was just inserting that in the conversation. My fault. I believe it is in the previous page but I didn't care to post that one photo again. I think we know that photo of the Kurds.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

Go back to cuddling your "tight jeans" Boy Jorge doll with the other senile biddies. Adults are talking here.

Seeing as I never, ever did this (not one lustful thought for anyone but my hot husband), I would reexamine your own sick fantasies, pete. 

You are lying through your teeth, and I KNOW you know it.

But it apparently is all you have to make you feel manly, so I guess I can't stop you.

I can't get into your soul and stop the lies you live with day and night.  All I can do is not let your absurd lies bother me.

They don't.

BUT, before I go.............. your love for Trump proves that you never, ever were a conservative.

I've been one in every way, every day of my life.  You just pretend to be one on the internet.

I'm sure you know that somewhere down deep, and I'm sure it bugs you to death that I see through your dopey façade.

I don't have to prove that I'm a conservative, because I live, eat and breathe conservatism.

You have to prove it because you're a phony.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

No, actually, I should have quoted so that is my fault; but the previous pages showed men, women and children killed allegedly (and probably) by Saddam's use of chemical weapons or poisonous gas. So, I was just inserting that in the conversation. My fault. I believe it is in the previous page but I didn't care to post that one photo again. I think we know that photo of the Kurds.

@TomSea

Re: Russia was trying to help Donald Trump win election, says CIA in secret assessment

« Reply #94 on: Today at 10:35:27 AM »

Quote from: sneakypete on Today at 10:18:50 AM

@Frank Cannon  @Doug Loss

EVERYTHING Frank Cannon wrote was the direct responsibility of Boy Jorge and that corrupt group of globalist assholes he was the front man for. Boy Jorge was the bought and paid for Boy Toy of he King of Saudi Arabia,and he ordered the invasion of Iraq for 2 reasons. The first being there was an election coming up and his polling numbers were bottoming out. NOTHING rallies the voters around a president like a war,so he wanted to go to war. The second reason was he and his corrupt family were paid to invade Iraq by the Sauds. Saddam Hussein was NOT a danger to either the US or to Israel,and I have no freaking idea why we give a damn about Israel to start with,but he WAS a danger to the Kingdom of Saud.

My Response:

@sneakypete your hate for GWB is consuming you as much as Saddams hate for the Kurd and GHWB consumed him. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a DEM.

and yes I posted the pic of the gassed Kurds

I posted that in reply to @sneakypete IGNORING the massive Human Right violations being perpetrated on the citizens of Iraq by Saddam, his everyone became Cheney's Toy attitude.

I still don't get what 2 decades ago sanctions have to do with Saddam's atrocities.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

@TomSea

Re: Russia was trying to help Donald Trump win election, says CIA in secret assessment

« Reply #94 on: Today at 10:35:27 AM »

My Response:

@sneakypete your hate for GWB is consuming you as much as Saddams hate for the Kurd and GHWB consumed him. If I didn't know better I'd think you were a DEM.

and yes I posted the pic of the gassed Kurds

I posted that in reply to @sneakypete IGNORING the massive Human Right violations being perpetrated on the citizens of Iraq by Saddam, his everyone became Cheney's Toy attitude.

I still don't get what 2 decades ago sanctions have to do with Saddam's atrocities.

I guess I'm say, it is relevant if one is talking about the human rights violations of the Kurds.

According to the UN, those sanctions were killing many people, mainly children and this was largely during the Clinton administration.

AMY GOODMAN: President Clinton, UN figures show that up to 5,000 children a month die in Iraq because of the sanctions against Iraq.

PRESIDENT CLINTON: (Overlap) That's not true. That's not true. And that's not what they show. Let me just tell you something. Before the sanctions, the year before the Gulf War, you said this ... how much money did Iraq earn from oil? Answer - $16 billion. How much money did Iraq earn last year from oil? How much money did they get, cash on the barrel head, to Saddam Hussein? Answer - $19 billion that he can use exclusively for food, for medicine, to develop his country. He's got more money now, $3 billion a year more than he had nine years ago.

If any child is without food or medicine or a roof over his or her head in Iraq, it's because he is claiming the sanctions are doing it and sticking it to his own children. We have worked like crazy to make sure that the embargo only applies to his ability to reconstitute his weapon system and his military statement. This is a guy who butchered the children of his own country, who were Kurds, who were Shi'ites.

He used chemical weapons on his own people, and he is now lying to the world and claiming the mean old United States is killing his children. He has more money today than he did before the embargo, and if they're hungry or they are not getting medicine, it is his own fault.

https://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/170/41910.html

I guess, I'm saying this is the "And so do you argument"; talking about the human rights violations of the Kurds; well, apparently the Iraqis suffered as well.

If we are concerned about the Kurds, why would we not be concerned about the Iraqi people.

Also, I'm not sure if Pete hates Bush, everyone on here, seems to extremely dislike someone, I thought you disliked Romney, some dislike Trump or Bush or Obama, Clinton, etc.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:21:11 am by TomSea »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@TomSea

We never should have gotten involved in there with our military to start with. We have absolutely nothing to gain,and we are losing the lives and futures of many young Americans,as well as billions of dollars that could be spent here for better purposes.

Their tribal wars with each other are none of our business.  Hell,we don't even need their freaking oil. Apparently many,many prominent Americans feel the need for their money,but America herself doesn't need a damn thing they have. The only reason we aren't pumping our own oil is because the Standard Oil Trust Fund Children,grandchildren,and great grandchildren want to keep the money flowing into their bank accounts.

Barack Obama was the 'Perfect Storm' to destroy everything GWB gained in Iraq.   No other POTUS would have had the balls to unilaterally walk-way from the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) under such pretenses. 

With family vengeance and grudges still fresh from a decade ago, the peace was very fragile.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

@TomSea

The ONLY thing I ever agreed with joe biden on, Iraq should have been split up between 3 states,  we did it in post WWII Europe, Korea AND Vietnam.  Screw the Sunnis and the Shias, they will continue to kill each other for another 2000 years, the Kurds were our ticket to a stable section of Iraq.
   We blew it and obummer turned it into disaster, pleasing his buddy in turkey.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
    @TomSea

The ONLY thing I ever agreed with joe biden on, Iraq should have been split up between 3 states,  we did it in post WWII Europe, Korea AND Vietnam.  Screw the Sunnis and the Shias, they will continue to kill each other for another 2000 years, the Kurds were our ticket to a stable section of Iraq.
   We blew it and obummer turned it into disaster, pleasing his buddy in turkey.
That reeally goes back to the British Partition of the region, post-Ottoman Empire. Had some attention been paid to tribal boundaries, a great deal of conflict could have been avoided.

It is possible, however that keeping the various factions at each others' throats was seen as a control device, allowing British or other European interests to negotiate deals with whichever faction they'd recognize and back for sweetheart deals, once oil was discovered there. I would not doubt that someone anticipated that would also keep any one faction from growing too strong and becoming a regional problem. Perhaps, if that was the case, the penchant for mayhem was underestimated, and the effects of internal conflict were mistakenly believed to be more of a limiting factor than a winnowing one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon  @Doug Loss

EVERYTHING Frank Cannon wrote was the direct responsibility of Boy Jorge and that corrupt group of globalist assholes he was the front man for. Boy Jorge was the bought and paid for Boy Toy of he King of Saudi Arabia,and he ordered the invasion of Iraq for 2 reasons. The first being there was an election coming up and his polling numbers were bottoming out. NOTHING rallies the voters around a president like a war,so he wanted to go to war. The second reason was he and his corrupt family were paid to invade Iraq by the Sauds. Saddam Hussein was NOT a danger to either the US or to Israel,and I have no freaking idea why we give a damn about Israel to start with,but he WAS a danger to the Kingdom of Saud.

I don't recall saying that. I do recall calling Bush out for not wrapping that thing up in a proper time frame and getting us the hell out of there. As a matter Hussein was a POS and after his capture and death we should have went home.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seeing as I never, ever did this (not one lustful thought for anyone but my hot husband), I would reexamine your own sick fantasies, pete. 

You are lying through your teeth, and I KNOW you know it.<<

@musiclady

No I'm not,but you damn sure are.

"But it apparently is all you have to make you feel manly, so I guess I can't stop you.

BUT, before I go.............. your love for Trump proves that you never, ever were a conservative."

Once again you lie.  I don't love Trump,and I don't even like him. Find ONE post of mine about him to prove your case,liar.

However,YOUR love of that globalist homosexual drunken,coke-snorting Boy Jorge SOB PROVES you are both a liar and clueless.

"I've been one in every way, every day of my life.  You just pretend to be one on the internet."

Another lie. You are just a religious freak and a Bush groupie to boot.

"I'm sure you know that somewhere down deep, and I'm sure it bugs you to death that I see through your dopey façade.

I don't have to prove that I'm a conservative, because I live, eat and breathe conservatism."

Yeah,you and Ma Bush.

https://goo.gl/images/pBn18V

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Barack Obama was the 'Perfect Storm' to destroy everything GWB gained in Iraq.   No other POTUS would have had the balls to unilaterally walk-way from the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) under such pretenses. 

With family vengeance and grudges still fresh from a decade ago, the peace was very fragile.

@DCPatriot

"A decade ago"????

They are still holding grudges from a thousand years ago.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That reeally goes back to the British Partition of the region, post-Ottoman Empire. Had some attention been paid to tribal boundaries, a great deal of conflict could have been avoided.

It is possible, however that keeping the various factions at each others' throats was seen as a control device, allowing British or other European interests to negotiate deals with whichever faction they'd recognize and back for sweetheart deals, once oil was discovered there.

@Smokin Joe

BINGO! The British are the undisputed masters of "divide and conquer". And their plan was working well until modern times and others (mostly the USSR and "fellow travelers") started stirring things up in an attempt to destabilize the west. Ironically enough it was the USSR that went into a state of chaos and collapsed,and now their Muslim problem is bigger than ours.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't recall saying that. I do recall calling Bush out for not wrapping that thing up in a proper time frame and getting us the hell out of there. As a matter Hussein was a POS and after his capture and death we should have went home.

@Frank Cannon

In that case,my apologizes for misunderstanding and agreeing with you. Hussein being a POS was none of our business. We are NOT the World's Daddy,or even the World's Babysitter.

What we SHOULD have done was agitate them to bring old tribal rivalries to a head to get them killing each other,and then supply both sides with weapons and munitions so they could keep killing each other off until none were left to fight.

Islam is NOT a religion. It is a dictatorial form of government,and it was Islam that declared war on US. All these years later we are still involved there because WE refuse to declare war on Islam and send these SOB's back into hiding for another several hundred years.

Make no mistake about it,eventually some of those freaks are going to get nuclear or bio weapons and set them off in several prominent western cities,killing hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims. Maybe then,after it is too late to prevent something like this from happening,we will finally wise up and go after them using all our resources.

The truth is if the west were serious about ending this war we could do it easily by seizing the bank accounts of anyone and everyone who funds them. Cut off the money and they no longer have the ability to wage war,and we can do that easily with a few key strokes on a keyboard. All we lack is the WILL to do it because too many of our own politicians get their own funding from the same sources.

Offline musiclady

Lovely ad hominems in that post @sneakypete.  You've outdone yourself on this thread with ugly lies and your little obsessive fantasy world, but I expect that to continue until you get professional help.

And you won't ever do that.

Let me end this conversation (you never will because you have last-word-itis and can't help yourself), with two important facts.......

In November, you voted for and cheered on a deviant, globalist liberal (did you decide to vote for him before you found out he was a sexual predator??  I don't remember.  :pondering:  I think you bashed him before that, didn't you??), and I voted for a Constitutional Conservative, Darrell Castle.

The proof is in the pudding, peter, and I have nothing to prove to you, or anyone else here. 

The fact that you DO have something to prove, and have some puerile need to prove your manliness (and have a bizarre fixation on W's sexuality), is all people need to see when you come after me with your lies.

I tell the truth.  You make things up.

The amazing thing is, that in spite of your ugliness and hostility toward all things decent and good, the loving God who created you, loves you deeply, and because of that, has commanded me to love you too, so that's what I try to do.  (It's extremely difficult when you lie about me.  I need to work on that).

However, I am not commanded to like you, nor your seething anger and lies, and I don't, so you can have your ugly last word here and I'll leave you alone.

I have no doubt your obsession will make you lie again, but it really doesn't hurt me.  It does far more harm to you, and for that, I pity you.

Peace.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@sneakypete

this is worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Kjp9N4mlo

Now you're defending Assad and by Proxy Putin.

Wonderful.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

"Lovely ad hominems in that post @sneakypete.  You've outdone yourself on this thread with ugly lies and your little obsessive fantasy world, but I expect that to continue until you get professional help.

And you won't ever do that.

Let me end this conversation (you never will because you have last-word-itis and can't help yourself),...."

@musiclady

None is so blind as she who will not see.

"I tell the truth."

You wouldn't be able to  recognize the truth  in a police lineup if it bit you on your ass

"Peace."

Your hypocrisy is stunning. You would cheerfully push me down a set of stairs if you got the chance,and convince yourself you were doing "The LORDS work!" while doing it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:02:42 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Your hypocrisy is stunning. You would cheerfully push me down a set of stairs if you got the chance,and convince yourself you were doing "The LORDS work!" while doing it.

@sneakypete that is such a load of crap I can't even believe you were dumb enough to hit send on it.

But then I guess when you're as deep into BDS as you are...the ends justify the means no matter how offensive you have to be.

If you had any shred of decency you'd apologize to @musiclady for that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:06:23 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

Now you're defending Assad and by Proxy Putin.

Wonderful.
My take on the Syrian problem is pretty simple. First, Assad, no matter what we think of him, is the duly elected president of a sovereign country. Since the mass destabilization effort carried out by the Muslim Brotherhood and sympathizers on governments around the Mediterranean, including Libya and Egypt, which may or may not have had help from the US State Department under Hillary, Syria has been beset with 'rebel factions' trying to seize a country critical to pipeline transport of petroleum and petroleum products from the Middle East to Europe.
That Obama, whose efforts include one dead ambassador, two dead former SEALs, and a host of others including Mummar Khadaffi (who had been relatively well behaved since he gave up his WMDs) and the deposition of Hosni Mubarak, supported the destabilization of yet another government in the region was enough to give me pause.
That friends of Hillary's 'assistant' were emplaced in Egypt (Mursi--Muslim Brotherhood connection) during this destabilization effort (and later removed from office by the locals) indicated to me that there was indeed a power play in the region, but to benefit one faction seeking to dominate the region. Other hotspots of unrest occurred during the period.
When the media pick a boogeyman, they don't let go, and the question, not of whether WMD (Chemical weapons) were being used, but by whom, arose. Adamant claims by the Obamites that Assad's government was the perpetrator by both the MSM and the Obama Administration again gave me pause.
Recall, if you will, that the WMDs attributed to Saddam were transported into Syria using Russian trucks. Aside from the interest in pipeline corridors, the Russians may be interested in keeping those assets from falling into hands that will ensure they surface in Russia and satellite states where there are heavy Russian interests, among other places in the West.
The line in the sand is between the Muslims of the MB and other organizations which hate the west and Western Civilization, including the Russians, despite the general differences between our form of government and theirs. It is difficult to maintain a statist hold on a people when you have theocratic terrorists trying to pry that control from you, just as it is difficult to balance the liberty that should be inherent in our system of government with the amount of surveillance needed to thwart terrorism.

For either system, and those in between, the advance of Islamism is a bad deal, and the region is rife with that. However, under Assad, Christians were tolerated and not lined up and beheaded for their faith. Being the tough guy in that region is the way to retain power, and has always been the way to keep the squabbling tribal and other factions in line.

With the incredible disinformation campaigns out there, especially in support of the actions of Obama and Hillary (as SoS), even the difficulties in getting the skinny on Benghazi, I would not doubt that there is a lot of anti-Assad agitprop out there being pumped by the Western Media that is simply untrue. I have witnessed with a local issue how lies can, through repetition and bombardment by media, become commonly accepted as true, even though those closer to the situation know them to be false.

So the question arises of whether, in this instance, Putin is telling more truth than Obama, who helped destabilize the region. Who would you trust more? At least Putin didn't promise I could keep my doctor or my insurance (both gone).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So the question arises of whether, in this instance, Putin is telling more truth than Obama, who helped destabilize the region. Who would you trust more? At least Putin didn't promise I could keep my doctor or my insurance (both gone).

I don't trust either to be quite honest.  Both have lied and both had/have ulterior motives to their actions.  And both try to mask those intention with a sugar coating of a humanitarian crisis.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:23:10 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't trust either to be quite honest.  Both have lied and both had/have ulterior motives to their actions.  And both try to mask those intention with a sugar coating of a humanitarian crisis.
I don't trust either one, either, but I think Putin's goals may be more predictable in this instance. His anti-Islamist caliphate cred has more weight than someone I suspect of trying to establish that same Muslim mega-state.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I don't trust either one, either, but I think Putin's goals may be more predictable in this instance. His anti-Islamist caliphate cred has more weight than someone I suspect of trying to establish that same Muslim mega-state.

Yeah I undertand about the whole "the enemy you know" concept.

But Putin uses his "anti-Islam" fight as a guise to re-establish power from Moscow in countries like the Stans where Islam is prevalent.  And he uses it as a cover to establish forward Russian military bases where they haven't been before and upgrade the military equipment in places like Syria where they need it all the while pocketing the profits.

We won't even talk about the fact he's swiping traditional ME allies out from under us because of BHO's ineptitude in foreign policy.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah I undertand about the whole "the enemy you know" concept.

But Putin uses his "anti-Islam" fight as a guise to re-establish power from Moscow in countries like the Stans where Islam is prevalent.  And he uses it as a cover to establish forward Russian military bases where they haven't been before and upgrade the military equipment in places like Syria where they need it all the while pocketing the profits.

We won't even talk about the fact he's swiping traditional ME allies out from under us because of BHO's ineptitude in foreign policy.
Oh I agree, he' expanding Russian Hegemony into the former Soviet states for fun and profit. Basically, though, if they have T-55s or newer models, they were there in the soviet envelope before and haven't wandered far.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Syria now has the latest export models of the BMP and the T-84 in their inventory when the dust settles in Syria.

I just keep thinking back to the first ever kill of an M1A1 in combat...it was done by an AT missile that according to experts around the globe the Iraqi's didn't have...the Kornet...must have been why there were Soviet military advisers in Baghdad two weeks before we went across the berm in 2003.