Author Topic: Google falsely claims to be powered by windmills  (Read 610 times)

rangerrebew

Google falsely claims to be powered by windmills
« on: December 08, 2016, 05:42:05 pm »
December 8, 2016
Google falsely claims to be powered by windmills
By Ed Straker

Remember how windmills were used in the 19th century to slowly turn a wheel that could grind corn meal?  Well, Google has proudly announced that its thousands of servers are being powered by this cutting-edge technology.  Except that they are not.

Last year, Google consumed as much energy as the city of San Francisco. Next year, it said, all of that energy will come from wind farms and solar panels.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/12/google_falsely_claims_to_be_powered_by_windmills.html#ixzz4SGlqu0g0
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Google falsely claims to be powered by windmills
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:30:27 pm »
Well there's certainly no shortage of hot air.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 12:07:29 am »
I thought google was powered by unicorn farts.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:11:03 am »
I thought google was powered by unicorn farts.
Nah they had to switch after it was proved those cause global warming.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 12:49:00 am »
Nah they had to switch after it was proved those cause global warming.  :whistle:

A lack of piracy is the cause of global warming.  As the world total of pirates decreased, temperatures have risen.  Ergo, to save the world, we need more pirates (not just because pirates are cool... well, actually; because they *ARE* cool).

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 01:16:45 am »
I do remember when Mayor Michael Bloomberg wanted to put windmills on top of the Brooklyn Bridge.